Page 31 of 55 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    Nor can you set a snooze time - it snoozes until 10 minutes until the event.
    Yeah I would like to see a choice on how long to snooze, but even this limited functionality is light-years ahead of the iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    How many times has this happened to you? I had it happen once - and I did not realize it for a while.
    At least 2, it happens and I do not know how long it was one on, but it is very irritating!
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Here's a phone app bug:

After adding a contact from the All Calls/Missed Calls lists, the list item does not update to show the persons contact info/photo/etc, just the original caller id info (phone number).
    Mike Dixon
    Software Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    This isn't too big of a bug, really just a malfunctioning easter egg to me. The calendar icon had been displaying today's date in the launcher, which is cool and handy. Today I noticed for the first time that the icon is displaying yesterday's date instead of today's.

Not a huge deal, but still something palm clearly did on purpose that isn't working right. I know it was working right a week ago, I didn't even notice when it first started showing the wrong date, the first time I noticed it was this morning. I'm sure they'll get it fixed later, since it seems likely that it's just an off-by-one error.
    Has anyone else seen this? Very weird, it still showed "22" on the 22nd, 23rd, 24th, and 25th. And now on the 26th, it says 26. Very strange, oh well.
    Any one having alam and ringer volume problems?

I have set the volume at 100% and it is still low enough not to wake me up and the ring tones are not that loud either

Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by mistymaggie View Post
    Any one having alam and ringer volume problems?

I have set the volume at 100% and it is still low enough not to wake me up and the ring tones are not that loud either

Wayne
    The Palm programmers set up the alarm volume to the system sound level, which I also like to keep fairly low (25%). You'll need to set it higher each night to make it louder. I'm hoping they'll program an option to set up individual volumes in the alarm app in a future update.
    The birthdays do not sync properly from Google Contacts into the Pre's contact list.

Also, the Universal search does not search for Titles in contacts. That's kind of important in some cases.
    That is because something in your phone was not made right and is pressing on the screen... I exchanged one for this reason....

Quote Originally Posted by precrack View Post
    thats pretty bad exchange it
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishous View Post
    Here's a phone app bug:

After adding a contact from the All Calls/Missed Calls lists, the list item does not update to show the persons contact info/photo/etc, just the original caller id info (phone number).
    my 755p and 700p did the same thing
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    my 755p and 700p did the same thing
    Yeah, on the Treos, some 3rd party software took care of this, but Palm never wrote the code to post process the call log.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    Yeah, on the Treos, some 3rd party software took care of this, but Palm never wrote the code to post process the call log.

Since I'm switching back to my 755p which 3rd party app took care of this? Thx....
    I have another alarm issue with 1.0.3. Alarm set on "weekend" does not work on Sundays. I set the alarm on Sunday at 2am and it does not ring or notify Sunday at 7am. I try testing it a few times on Sunday and it won't ring as "weekend." Daily and Ring Once work fine on Sunday. Do not know if this is a problem with Saturday either.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhawk0020 View Post
    There is obviously a software error within the browser causing it to kill my internet connection and the only fix present is through a restart. It only occurs about once or twice a day, but the problem is still prevalent. As someone else mentioned, certain sites (m.digg.com) can cause this to occur and it seems as though it renders the phone non-internet-functional, this is a major bug.
    I came here to see if anyone else was having this issue like me, and found it. I can turn WiFi on, off, Airplane Mode on, Off, the internet connection will not be restored and I have to reboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by scharlesjr View Post
    Since I'm switching back to my 755p which 3rd party app took care of this? Thx....
    On the Treos (755p included) a program called YourCall has a Tools page (drop-down in the upper right corner) with a "Refresh Call Log" tool. The description shows: "Update the call log with the matching contact information."

YourCall is a tool by iambic (iambic - mobile phone software solutions for Palm, Treo, Pocket PC, Windows Mobile, Smartphone, Symbian, BlackBerry and Microsoft Outlook).
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Not sure if this is a bug or bad hardware in the gesture area - i created a video here -

youtube.com/watch?v=Di9aSaIZdMU

first i swipe up, then i swipe down and you can see the 2 lights flashing, then i swipe up again and now the center ball is flashing, then i swipe down, again the 2 lights flashing, the i swipe sideways and it stops flashing. Then i swipe the ball sideways and it starts flashing, then i swipe it to stop, then i swipe up and it gets a really fast pulse just around the border of the ball, not the whole ball....as you can see, it is a little odd.
    The hard cases for the pre cover the proximity sensor making it impossible to turn on your screen during a phone call without removing the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by mentallydetached View Post
    The hard cases for the pre cover the proximity sensor making it impossible to turn on your screen during a phone call without removing the case.
    Wrong thread. That is an aftermarket issue, not a bug within Palm's ability to fix.

I do have a few but I can only remember one. When I go to update multiple apps from the Update app, it sometimes shows 2 or 3 of the same app to update. And when it does this, it RARELY finishes correctly. I have to cance, restart, or go and update the apps individually. Here is a screenshot of the most recent incident.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you type in a website into universal search that starts with a number (ie, 1800contacts.com) it will convert the 1 to an "e".
    Quote Originally Posted by oktaner View Post
    If you type in a website into universal search that starts with a number (ie, 1800contacts.com) it will convert the 1 to an "e".
    Hold down the orange key while entering the number portion.

I've also noticed that if I lower the system sounds volume, and then later move it back up, the sounds don't go back to full volume. It seems to take a little while, or restarting the phone to get them back to full volume.

Is there any way to indicate on the main page which items have been fixed by updates. I believe I saw a few that've been taken care of.
    Calendar in month view should change forward or backward a month with a left or right swipe/gesture.
    Didn't see this in the list yet so...

When in the phone app, if a notification comes in, the app doesn't resize like the rest of them and the notification blocks the bottom two buttons in the phone app. This would be a minor annoyance but the notification won't go away until you respond to it so basically you can't use the phone app till you respond or go out of the phone app so the notification minimizes.

Anybody else experience this or is it just my device?