Page 30 of 55 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lojack View Post
    The Palm Pre WiFi WEP security only allows passwords that use key #1. I need to use other keys to connect to the WiFi at work. Not a good limitation if this phone is to be used by business users.
    Also it appears to remember by SSID vs. hardware id, so if you encounter another SSID that is a different device it tries to connect to it.
  2.    #582  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinde View Post
    15. Humming through the headset is not limited to headset use.

In fact by far the worse it is comes when outputting to a car stereo Aux input or a home stero Phono input.

The humming becomes extraordinarily worse through any car or home stereo I have tried so far. The better the stereo, the more it sounds like you will do serious damage to your stereo.

Could you please change this to include these other problems:

15. Humming through the headset jack when using headphones or outputting via the headphone jack to a stereo.

- Craig
    Done. Thanks for the info.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  3.    #583  
    O.k., I'm caught up. Who will submit number 100?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    O.k., I'm caught up. Who will submit number 100?
    Here's one: when listening to music, then multitasking to youtube, the youtube audio replaces the audio from the music app. Once you're done with the youtube, the music app audio comes back, but in mono (not stereo), until you pull the headphones out and put them back in.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I'm adding my gripe with the mail app...

This applies to Exchange accounts (from my experience):
    If you haven't looked at your deleted items in a while, the folder will constantly refresh for a few minutes almost like it never caches this folder. It will eventually stop but it sucks battery life while it uses your connection.

PS. The email scrolling needs to be optimized...
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Hasn't #13 been fixed by the 1.03 update?
    "75. When I get an incoming text (the initial little text bubble in the corner) and I hit it to launch the text app, my photo app also launches."

Not really a bug. This is because of the sensitivity of the touchscreen registering a second touch - you'll notice in the messaging app that the attach icon is in the lower right hand corner. To keep this from happening, touch the bottom center to acknowledge the messaging alert.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    "87. There is a confirmed bug when in contacts, you select to send an SMS to a persons mobile, but they also have a "home" number listed, when you enter the messaging app, the persons home number is selected and not the mobile."

Not a bug. This is because Sprint has text to speech capability and can deliver text messages to any landline.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    read this on another post, synergy does not seem to add my new facebook contacts or update pictures in my phone book. I also have had strange issues with saving numbers. For example saving a 443xxxxxxx number saves but when the number calls my phone it is displayed as 1443xxxxxxx so I have to replace it for that contact. After that it will appear as a 443xxxxxxx without the 1. For Facebook updates I have become fairly good at removing my facebook account and adding it back in... takes a while tho for the sync. Would like to see that get resolved quickly. Only time I get to see my sister is facebook ya know.

To precentral.net you all are awesome. To the stupid iphone pre camps... take it somewhere else please. It is such clutter. Sorry I am just so tired of the battles on forums.
    This isn't too big of a bug, really just a malfunctioning easter egg to me. The calendar icon had been displaying today's date in the launcher, which is cool and handy. Today I noticed for the first time that the icon is displaying yesterday's date instead of today's.

Not a huge deal, but still something palm clearly did on purpose that isn't working right. I know it was working right a week ago, I didn't even notice when it first started showing the wrong date, the first time I noticed it was this morning. I'm sure they'll get it fixed later, since it seems likely that it's just an off-by-one error.
  11.    #591  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    "87. There is a confirmed bug when in contacts, you select to send an SMS to a persons mobile, but they also have a "home" number listed, when you enter the messaging app, the persons home number is selected and not the mobile."

Not a bug. This is because Sprint has text to speech capability and can deliver text messages to any landline.
    But shouldn't it default to the mobile number? I would think so. 99.9% of the time I'm sending a text to a mobile number.

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    But shouldn't it default to the mobile number? I would think so. 99.9% of the time I'm sending a text to a mobile number.
    I can't seem to replicate this bug. When I select the specific # for an SMS for someone with more than one #, the messaging app seems to want to send the msg to the # I selected for the contact, either the mobile, home, or work #. I've tried it for several contacts and each time it seems to work as I want it to.

Am I missing something?
    After Adding quite a few Ringtones. You only see about 20 or so. I have over fifty added. i have to delete some to get to the other ones.
    It's not the life you lead but
    the style in which you live it.
    When you return to a webpage from the card view, it refreshes the page. This is undesireable bcuz I use Google Reader as my ad hoc RSS podcatcher. When the stream breaks up (happens often), I need to return to the link to relaunch the stream. But refreshing the webpage messes that up.

When typing a lengthy SMS & you have to go back to edit something, you vant get back to the end (no ability to scroll within a text entry field).
    this morning i was playing sudoku on my pre while riding the train to work. at one of the train's stops i turned off the screen for a moment while i stepped aside to let people board the train. to my surprise when i tried to unlock the phone it wouldn't work. i'm able to put my pin in but it just stays on the "enter pin" screen. the only way i was able to get the phone working again was by removing the battery. i was curious to see if this was a onetime occurance or if there was something wrong with my phone so i opened up sudoku, played a little, locked the phone and it happened again. i actually did it a few times and i noticed that when i open sudoku and lock the phone without actually playing the game, everything works fine, but when i open sudoku and play for a little bit then lock the phone, that's when the problem occurs.

this was the first time i played sudoku since the latest update and prior to that i never had any problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emceesquared View Post
    i was sent a power point file and a pdf file in two separate emails. after downling the files to my phone, i'm able to open the files from the email they were sent, but when i try to open the files by going through the pdf viewer or the docs viewer the files aren't there. so the only way for me to open up the files is to go through the email that they were sent in.
    even after the update this is still an issue...
    Are these bugs being forwarded to Sprint for what looks like a massive firmware update?
    ≈ 99. Cannot set custom alert times for calendar events.

UPDATED: If the a custom alert is set in Google it does transfer to the Pre, but i would like the ability to set customer alert times on the Pre.
    Last edited by ChaoticOrder; 06/25/2009 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Additional Information
    ≈ 100. Phone switches to Airplane mode randomly.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticOrder View Post
    ≈ 99. Cannot set custom alert times for calendar events.
    Nor can you set a snooze time - it snoozes until 10 minutes until the event.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticOrder View Post
    ≈ 100. Phone switches to Airplane mode randomly.
    How amny times has this happened to you? I had it happen once - and I did not realize it for a while.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin