Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
    after about 2 weeks of use, the phone seemed out of virtual memory (as happens routinely in WindowsOS). The palm would only allow 1 card at a time to be open. I went into the system setting 'app' and found the reboot button. Works fine since. I now expect to have to do this a few times a month.
    I have used my treo/palmOS/winMobile5/6 phones to occassionally get into an email acct that has a https:// OWA login webpage.

Works in other phones, however, my login requires a backslash, which does not have a hardkey on the keyboard, requiring use of the soft-key symbols popup -- using the soft keys does not populate characters into the login form field - and copy/paste is disabled also, I tried to just paste my "\" from the 'notes' app.

I assume this is a secure HTTP browser configuration, to not allow paste/softkey entry into a secure form. It's causing me a problem, with less than a full keyboard as the only character entry device.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I am having an issue where my tasks don't popup reminders all the time. I have a single task list called TO-DO where I add to do items, and often times I don't get notifications about upcoming deadlines. This is my theory, though I haven't fully tested this theory.

Say todo has three entrys:

Goto grocery store
    send in pre rebate
    pay credit card

with due dates of sunday. I will get proper reminder's for these until sunday. However once I have completed the whole list I won't get reminders on any subsequent todo's that get added.

Continuing the example. If I check off all three and then add call dad on fathers day

x Goto grocery store
    x send in pre rebate
    x pay credit card
    call dad on fathers day

I won't get a notification about the new entry until I restart my phone.

I just tested this again right before the post and this behavior seems repeatable on my phone. Is this happening to anybody else?
    There is obviously a software error within the browser causing it to kill my internet connection and the only fix present is through a restart. It only occurs about once or twice a day, but the problem is still prevalent. As someone else mentioned, certain sites (m.digg.com) can cause this to occur and it seems as though it renders the phone non-internet-functional, this is a major bug.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by orange4 View Post
    I have used my treo/palmOS/winMobile5/6 phones to occassionally get into an email acct that has a https:// OWA login webpage.

Works in other phones, however, my login requires a backslash, which does not have a hardkey on the keyboard, requiring use of the soft-key symbols popup -- using the soft keys does not populate characters into the login form field - and copy/paste is disabled also, I tried to just paste my "\" from the 'notes' app.

I assume this is a secure HTTP browser configuration, to not allow paste/softkey entry into a secure form. It's causing me a problem, with less than a full keyboard as the only character entry device.
    Regarding the backslash character - you should be able to use your full email address instead. At least, thats how it is with our exchange setup. domain\user or user @ domain.com
    webOS 1.0.3 is out - please revise this list once you have verified their fixes!~!

Yay OTA updates!
    1.03 update did not fix the browser killing my internet connection.......
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mhelfer View Post
    I just tested this again right before the post and this behavior seems repeatable on my phone. Is this happening to anybody else?
    Yes, it's been discussed previously and I've personally reported it Palm tech support.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Whenever I create an event on my calendar, it shows up on Gmail with me as an invitee and I have to select whether or not I'm going to attend. If I don't respond then my calendar is filled with little bold question marks. If I create the event in Gcal then everything works fine. I've tried just deleting my name as an attendee, but Gmail won't let me delete it. I've submitted this bug to Palm here.
    Quote Originally Posted by moserjj View Post
    Regarding the backslash character - you should be able to use your full email address instead. At least, thats how it is with our exchange setup. domain\user or user @ domain.com
    I tried this with our exchange server and it doesn't work. I must use domain\user. (Just ran into this same bug entering this text on this forum post, using regular forum view, not mobile view.)

It's hard for me also because my password also utilizes special characters, where this bug manifests itself again.
    Quote Originally Posted by VTTony View Post
    Text messages sent via email to ##########@messaging.sprintpcs.com appear to come from 6245 (MAIL) when they reach SMS App. Cannot reply to those messages.

Discussion Thread
    Update 1.0.3 did not fix this issue for me.
    -Tony
    A couple for me:

1. Phone numbers in the Subject line of e-mail or calendar entries are not recognized as such and are not "clickable to dial".

2. Not all of my Exchange meetings are showing up on my Pre. For some reason, one of my recurring meetings does not show up at all on the Pre. So far, this is the only one I have noticed.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    You must not be using the charger that came with the phone. With certain chargers, this happens. It's hit or miss. Try to turn the phone off, then plug the charger in, then turn the phone on. I'm still experimenting to figure out the best way to use these types of chargers that are not specifically made for the Pre.
    I have the same problem.....I use the original charger. I find that if the phone dies and the battery charging bolt comes on...even if charging I can't use phone for about 45 mins. It freezes. That's frustrating and stressful. I haven't completely dl the new update yet. Hope it helps!!
    Another thread has noted that for some reason there is a bug in the exchange server code that prevents recurring appointments from showing up on the Pre calendar. In my case, i had a lot of recurring appointments and those actually prevented my Pre from syncing ANY of my EAS appointments on my Pre. The workaround is to change the recurring meetings from "no end date" to a certain number of times. You can set it really high to make sure that the meeting keeps recurring (the highest i tried is 300 times but i am sure you can do higher).

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    A couple for me:

1. Phone numbers in the Subject line of e-mail or calendar entries are not recognized as such and are not "clickable to dial".

2. Not all of my Exchange meetings are showing up on my Pre. For some reason, one of my recurring meetings does not show up at all on the Pre. So far, this is the only one I have noticed.
  15.    #575  
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenoum View Post
    webOS 1.0.3 is out - please revise this list once you have verified their fixes!~!

Yay OTA updates!
    Yes, please post if/when you confirm a listed bug is fixed and I will update the list. I have some catching up to do anyway.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    i've mostly found calendar problems. load times and also 4th tuesday of the month winds up on the 4th monday of the month. is there ANY device that will allow a 5th tuesday of the month and not a "last monday of the month"?
    ---
    johnny olsen
    photography, digital imaging and web hosting
    http://johnnyolsen.com
    Quote Originally Posted by orange4 View Post
    after about 2 weeks of use, the phone seemed out of virtual memory (as happens routinely in WindowsOS). The palm would only allow 1 card at a time to be open. I went into the system setting 'app' and found the reboot button. Works fine since. I now expect to have to do this a few times a month.

Turn it off daily.. this will work.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by justinyu View Post
    When using the mobile-optimized version of Google Reader, clicking the "Email" link (which I normally use to send articles to friends) caused my Pre to crash.
    Running 1.0.3, and this is still an issue.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hrdcamjc View Post
    Turn it off daily.. this will work.
    THis should not be needed, there is definitely a memory leak.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    The Palm Pre WiFi WEP security only allows passwords that use key #1. I need to use other keys to connect to the WiFi at work. Not a good limitation if this phone is to be used by business users.