Page 28 of 55 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
    GPS does not seem to work without a cellular signal.

I am in europe and running in Airplane mode with wifi. When using WiFi, and trying to get a GPS lock, it seems to be picking up the ISP location (usually center of the closest city) as my location (which is very odd).

Even turning airplane mode off and rebooting (with no cell service) - it will just show the last lock it had through WiFi/ISP. I find it really odd that it seems to be using the WiFi ISP as location.

But really it is a bug that the GPS does not seem to function at all without a cell signal.

To test this in the states:
    Switch on airplane mode and turn wifi on.
    Dial ##gps# and look at the location. The coordinates likely aren't right where you are.
    Go to a new location and get a new fix without cell service - it likely still shows the same coordinates.
    Do the same thing with google maps if you are using wifi.

Another GPS bug - hile in Airplane mode, the "Use GPS" toggle in location settings won't save to what you set it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaliwohi View Post
    Turning on "airplane mode" turns off wireless and bluetooth in addition to the phone; however, it's possible to turn wireless back on (haven't tried bluetooth). It will turn on and connect to my wireless network, but none of the applications can see the connection and believe that there is no internet access or refuse to try accessing the internet.
    WiFi works perfectly while the phone is in Airplane Mode for me. This is good, since airplanes are now getting WiFi installed on them. Okay, for $8-10 per flight, but if you're REALLY bored and can't sleep or if you have some important business to take care of, it (might) be worth it. (Too bad they don't let you buy the WiFi for the day so if you have connecting flights, you don't have to pay again!)
    Quote Originally Posted by explorergal View Post
    I've had that same problem with a call coming in. The screen darkens and I can't get it to turn on and I can't hang up the phone. Is there a way to hang up the phone with the keypad if you can't get the screen back up?
    Have you tried pushing the power button to turn the screen back on? That works for me. Other ways to turn the screen on are sliding out the keyboard or, if it is already out, pushing any key on the keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrnd View Post
    I have to reset me phone daily in order for the Task notifications to show up.
    Same here, although I just don't reset my phone and so don't get the tasks. But I noticed that when I did take my battery out once (part of a charge cycle - some ppl said taking it out helped get better life), when the phone loaded, two tasks alerted me! One was from the day before and one was from that day. Since then, I haven't gotten any more task alerts even though there should have been.

I'm still loving the Pre and webOS, though!
    Conversion from Teo 650 resulted in multiple copies of "notes" under contacts in my Pre. How do I delete the duplicate notes? Now I have to scroll forever to make an addition to a note on a contact. BIG waste of time for a sales person. Before the contact list had a direct yellow link by the person's name.
    I didn't see this one.

When in a phone conversation and the phone is on silent, all alert sounds play as if there was no phone conversation going on.

So if I'm talking to a client and I get a text, it blows my eardrum and they hear it as well. Quite annoying.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Item number 64 is incorrect.
    "When you have an AIM and a Gtalk account on the pre... You can't sign into one at a time or sign out of one... its either "available" for both, or none at all..."
    It is possible to sign into one account account at a time. If you go to preferences you can sign into accounts individually, by clicking on the GTALK or AIM account and then enter your password and sign in. There is just no option to do this from the main screen.

It seems like the Pre is set up exactly like Pidgen, too so if you want to better organize your buddies use pidgen to set up folders to put everyone in and it will transfer over to the Pre.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Entries done on Google Calendar (on my Computer) Sync to my Pre without a problem.

However entries done on my phones' Google Calendar, do not Sync up to the Web Version.

I'm positive I was able to Sync some entries like that a couple of days ago.
    Text messages sent via email to ##########@messaging.sprintpcs.com appear to come from 6245 (MAIL) when they reach SMS App. Cannot reply to those messages.

Discussion Thread
    -Tony
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Removing headphones/speakers before closing Music app "mutes" all audio.

The audio is actually still being sent to the headphone jack so that's why I put the put mute in quoataion marks. Turning on the speakerphone while on a call works as well as repplugging headphones/speakers.

To fix the issue, you have to:
    - open the music app
    - plug something into the headphone jack
    - close the music app
    - unplug whatevers in the headphone jack
    ^your headphone jack is just stuck? Tres/Centros were notorious for this. It is true about the music player when you unplug the headset while playing, it won't automatically output to the speaker - you need to pause and play again to switch outputs.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    When deleting a single profile of a contact, choosing delete contact in the drop down produces an option (the only one besides Cancel) that reads, "Delete All Profiles?"

It gives one pause, as it is the only option, but when selected it does not delete all profiles, only that one. From what I have experienced deleting many profiles on the Pre, this option is entirely mislabeled, completely misleading, and should be changed to "Delete this Profile?"
    Quote Originally Posted by David DeBow View Post
    I have problems with the Gmail / Pre sync:

After I transferred my contacts and calendars from my Palm T5 handheld -- all the contacts, addresses, phone numbers, etc. were updated to the Palm Pre.

For some reason the sync to google did not pick up the addresses from the Palm Pre. Google as it syncs to the Pre is deleting the addresses in the pre. The Name, Phone Number, and Email are syncing fine and not being deleted (just the address).

Anyone else having the same sync problem (deleting addresses)?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have spent some time working on the Google / Pre Sync Problem. Basically, they have a bug that will not let all the information in your "pre contacts" to sync to your "google contacts".

On the plus side: The Google to Pre sync route is fine so far. I am just making all my changes in Google and then using the "sync" to update the Pre (upper left hand corner when in "contacts" - go to "preferences" - "sync now").

350 plus addresses so it is going to take a while to get everything updated. I am doing the copy / paste thing from the old Handheld Account into Google Contacts.
    I have this exact problem. Is there a solution, or is a fix in the works? Anyone know of an update? I haven't had time to look through the forums or see if there's a thread devoted to this issue yet, sorry. Thanks in advance too.
    I searched this thread and didn't see anything related to emptying the trash folder in email. You have to delete them one by one which can be a huge pain when there are many emails. This only seems to occur when you have setup an email account manually. Not sure if you guys consider that a bug or a feature request.
    #58 (no data connection) happened to me today. I rebooted and it worked.
    new bug I discovered today:

after deleting a web bookmark, the thumbnail icons are all wrong now.. CNN shows thumbnail for precentral.net, etc., etc.
    new bug I discovered today:

after deleting a web bookmark, the thumbnail icons are all wrong now.. CNN shows thumbnail for precentral.net, etc., etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bag of Leaves View Post
    Same here, although I just don't reset my phone and so don't get the tasks. But I noticed that when I did take my battery out once (part of a charge cycle - some ppl said taking it out helped get better life), when the phone loaded, two tasks alerted me! One was from the day before and one was from that day. Since then, I haven't gotten any more task alerts even though there should have been.

I'm still loving the Pre and webOS, though!

I thought this was just me. I've actually been setting appointments for tasks instead... I still get those notifications.
    I just ran into some kind of charging bug. I plugged my phone in to charge and found it actually more depleted and continued depleting to battery. The battery had the charging bolt. I plugged it out of the wall and plugged it back in and seems to be charging now. But could be some kind of bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    I just ran into some kind of charging bug. I plugged my phone in to charge and found it actually more depleted and continued depleting to battery. The battery had the charging bolt. I plugged it out of the wall and plugged it back in and seems to be charging now. But could be some kind of bug.
    You must not be using the charger that came with the phone. With certain chargers, this happens. It's hit or miss. Try to turn the phone off, then plug the charger in, then turn the phone on. I'm still experimenting to figure out the best way to use these types of chargers that are not specifically made for the Pre.