Page 26 of 55 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
    I have problems with the Gmail / Pre sync:

After I transferred my contacts and calendars from my Palm T5 handheld -- all the contacts, addresses, phone numbers, etc. were updated to the Palm Pre.

For some reason the sync to google did not pick up the addresses from the Palm Pre. Google as it syncs to the Pre is deleting the addresses in the pre. The Name, Phone Number, and Email are syncing fine and not being deleted (just the address).

Anyone else having the same sync problem (deleting addresses)?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have spent some time working on the Google / Pre Sync Problem. Basically, they have a bug that will not let all the information in your "pre contacts" to sync to your "google contacts".

On the plus side: The Google to Pre sync route is fine so far. I am just making all my changes in Google and then using the "sync" to update the Pre (upper left hand corner when in "contacts" - go to "preferences" - "sync now").

350 plus addresses so it is going to take a while to get everything updated. I am doing the copy / paste thing from the old Handheld Account into Google Contacts.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I've noticed a Gmail issue that I haven't seen posted. Sorry if this is a duplicate. I have sounds and notifications turned off for my Gmail account but I still get notified when I get a new email from that account.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Good point on the leakage, palm pre is not the only one with that problem. With my iphone 3g (which i sold) light always could be seen from the back (mainly in the dark) and from the plastic cover around the screen.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Major League Baseball (MLB) has always supported a wap site <http://wap.mlb.com> which allows mobile users to view pitch-by-pitch progress of baseball games, using an auto-reloading web page (it has a better mini-flash page, but I understand Pre doesn't support Flash yet).

The bug is that when you set a game to show pitch-by-pitch progress on a 15-second or 30-second interval, the Pre seems to be doing the send-receive just like the Treo did (Treo works perfectly for this), but the display usually doesn't change unless you hit the reload "button". Note I say usually . . . every now and then you do get a change. Must be some kind of bug in the browser.
    Sprint Pre user since June 2009. Previously a long time Treo user (600, 650, 700p and 755p). Will probably be changing to Android or iPhone if Sprint does not offer Pre3.
    Not sure if this has been discussed but once I did my onetime Sync with the desktop I find I now cannot edit the contacts on my Pre. It allows me to go through the steps but they do not save.
    Didn't see this on the first page, and didn't feel like going thru 26 pages, but...

1.) Got my Pre yesterday, ext. speaker and auxillary speaker jack work fine for music and ringtones, but phone calls I can't hear anything on any of the 3 speakers. I have pulled the battery and reset.

2.) Read about silent mode, but haven't seen where that is yet. However, I get emails and such thru out the night I don't want my phone to vibrate or notify me, but I do want the alarm to go off. Soooo I put it on Airplane mode, smart right? Well no, clock was off my an hour and a half this morning. Look I know it takes it off network, but 90 minutes after 1 day on an internal clock just ain't right.

Going to try and get it replaced today prolly out of stock though, grrr.

Also how many updates has Palm released yet? Just that 1?

Thanks all
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Opening .pps files within the doc viewer just hangs the application. I can't seem to open those types of files at all.
    Pre won't play WAV files attached to an email. I have VOIP phone service through my cable company and I get voicemail messages in my email and the Pre won't play them.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I can't believe they missed this one again. Versamail opened it in Blazer and it looked horrible. The Pre just says no way.

Windows mobile handles .eml attachments. Hope this one is on the list.
    My two biggest problems after using the device now for little over one week...

1. when a call come in and screen is locked, the slider covers up the number and picture ID if screen is touched. Taking my ringing device out of the case I always touch the screen so then I have to wait at least one ring or longer until the slider disappears and I can see who is calling. They need to make the caller ID info appear in the center of the screen not at the bottom (when screen is locked). This is my #1 complaint

2. About 95% of time when I open a new email by clicking on the notification at bottom of the screen, the email opens up but then the reply, forward, buttons do not work. I have to minimize the email to card view then go back into it before the buttons work. Not a biggie but a little annoying.

These problems may have been mentioned already in this thread but I didn't have time to read through 25 pages!!!
    i was sent a power point file and a pdf file in two separate emails. after downling the files to my phone, i'm able to open the files from the email they were sent, but when i try to open the files by going through the pdf viewer or the docs viewer the files aren't there. so the only way for me to open up the files is to go through the email that they were sent in.
    Although at first I was certain, it's been long enough that i'm doubting myself.

I could have SWORN that swiping your finger upward from the gesture area while in an application was supposed to open up the launcher. In fact, the day I got my Pre, this gesture was working just fine. Then at some point, that stopped working. I've since received a new phone (hardware issue) and it still doesn't work. Now all that gesture does is pull me into card view. I ask you - what ****ing good is this center button if there's a redundant gesture for it??

Am I crazy or was that gesture wiped out in the firmware update or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranberry Atom View Post
    Although at first I was certain, it's been long enough that i'm doubting myself.

I could have SWORN that swiping your finger upward from the gesture area while in an application was supposed to open up the launcher. In fact, the day I got my Pre, this gesture was working just fine. Then at some point, that stopped working. I've since received a new phone (hardware issue) and it still doesn't work. Now all that gesture does is pull me into card view. I ask you - what ****ing good is this center button if there's a redundant gesture for it??

Am I crazy or was that gesture wiped out in the firmware update or something?
    You are crazy! If you have an app open and in use (full screen), the swipe up will only minimize it and THEN another swipe will bring up the Lanucher. A slow swipe 1/2 up will bring up the ribbon.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    My problems:
    I need my pre to work with my 2008 Infiniti G35X. There is so much static and wont stay connected. Something is definitely wrong.

How can I reject an incoming call when the phone is asleep. All that pops up is the answer circle.

My facebook calendar events show up with the wrong time.

This last one isnt a bug but a gen question....is there a way to copy a text msg or resend a txt msg?

Thanks
    samid - one I can help with - to reject an incoming call w/o unlocking the screen, tap the power buttom twice.

OK, two - no way to copy or forward a text msg yet.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Well sound a lot the the long list of problems the Treo 680 had and never resolved and others which I did not have. But I am using the Treo 650 with the current providers software and its pretty stable. But I do have to reset every so often. But this list and other feedbacks is indicative of at Beta or pre Beta software of the the OS. I wish all those who bought in all the luck.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    There is a confirmed bug when in contacts, you select to send an SMS to a persons mobile, but they also have a "home" number listed, when you enter the messaging app, the persons home number is selected and not the mobile. A few have noticed it. I kinda have high hopes palm is addressing these and watching right now I am sure its hard to unit test javascript so thats why this thing is filled with so many nuances.
    When caps lock is turned on and you insert a "U", the autocomplete changes it to a lowercase "you" instead of a capital "YOU."

It looks odd when you're angry: e.g. "I HATE you SO MUCH!"
    Alright so I don't know if its the phone or sprints network that is screwing up but my clock keeps going off the correct time. That's in the automatic time and network time. Anybody???
    Quote Originally Posted by Djevac View Post
    Alright so I don't know if its the phone or sprints network that is screwing up but my clock keeps going off the correct time. That's in the automatic time and network time. Anybody???
    Mine did it today also - its the network.