Page 25 of 55 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrnd View Post
    Camera takes forever to load.
    Once working i get lots of "noise" on the screen.
    Once i get a clean view and take the picture it takes forever.
    Sounds like yours might be defective? My camera seems fine. Most people have said a pro of the Pre is that the camera loads fast & I've never heard of the noise issue before. I would suggest you exchange it for another. Between my husband and I, we had to exchange 3 of our Pres because 2 of them had the shutting off when sliding closed issue and one had a faulty proximity sensor. Now the 2 that we have seem fine.
    I have seen the wifi switching off when the keypad locks and when you unlock the wifi connects again even with no application on. This is kinda frustrating.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    3 and 70 are the same thing...
  4. ndz
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Found an significant bug:

One of my contacts is in a different area code. Dialing their 7-digit number in my local area (w/o the area code) still shows the same contact in the call history.

To reproduce, manually dial a long distance number in your contact list with just the 7-digits and no area code. The phone thinks its your contact even though it is not.
    Turning on "airplane mode" turns off wireless and bluetooth in addition to the phone; however, it's possible to turn wireless back on (haven't tried bluetooth). It will turn on and connect to my wireless network, but none of the applications can see the connection and believe that there is no internet access or refuse to try accessing the internet.

I understand that "airplane mode" is probably intended to have all radios shut off, but it would be nice to shut the phone off and still be able to access wireless. this would definitely help battery life in places where there is no phone service but a decent wireless connection. If "airplane mode" is supposed to turn all radios off, then don't allow wireless to turn on. If it's just to turn the phone off, then allow other apps to access the internet via wireless without having to have the phone on. Regardless, all wireless protocols should function independently from one another.
    is anybody able to view gifs on their palm pre
    Sometimes the screen randomly turns off - nothing I do will make it turn back on - I try all the common work-arounds like opening the keyboard and pressing space, pressing the little power button on the top..

The only thing that seems to work is just to wait for awhile and hope for the best. Or plug the USB port in - that seems to wake it up
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    1)My dialer sometimes can't keep up when I'm dialing a number. The button press is recognized but the audio tone stalls at times.
    FIX IT NOW PALM!!!

2) Volume Button appears at random.

3) My phone shuts off when closing the slider. Needed to put a piece of paper to keep the battery steady. whata F? PALM??

4) The Music Player takes a while to change each track. Not as smooth as the iPhone.

5) Sometimes the phone decides to do a 3 way call all on its own. This has to do with the dialer being buggy and slow!!

6) When I want to end a 3 way call with one person. It hangup on both persons.WE NEED AN UPDATE PALM!!!
    Last edited by Solosmooth; 06/14/2009 at 05:40 PM.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Hey this is a great list of bugs !? Can there be such a thing!
    Anyhoo how about you create a poll to ask which ones are the most painful/affect the most folk and then send the whole thing to Palm?

Sorry if this has already been discussed.
    Finally got all the way through this thread! Didn't see my bug, though. Sometimes when in the Classic app and reading an ebook, when I turn the page, the screen gets brighter after a moment or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by smalkani_1984 View Post
    I have seen the wifi switching off when the keypad locks and when you unlock the wifi connects again even with no application on. This is kinda frustrating.
    what's the problem? I like the fact it turns off Wifi while screen is off so that its not burning more battery than necessary.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I have several contacts that have symbols in the name mainly "_" or "-". Universal search will not search past the symbol. For example, if you make a contact with the name "Test-Guy" and then type "guy" in universal search it won't find him. This is especially bad for hyphenated names. It works fine if the symbols are surrounded by spaces, but not if they abut letters.
    Last edited by Loogie; 06/14/2009 at 08:58 PM.
    Heres an odd one... I have a phone operated gate at my place. When someone calls, I press 9 continually until the call ends. This opens the gate.

On two occasions, the friend will call to tell me the gate didn't open...and when I answer the phone, the Pre is sending out the 9 tone still and I can't stop it.I have to hang up and call them back.

Very odd and flakey phone control.
    1) Cant remove pre loaded apps,. ie nascar cannot be removed
    2) Editing & deleting preloaded browser bookmark issues,. removing a preloaded bookmarks is not allowed. You have to edit it and place a new title and url with a new thumb picture. However the thumb picture even though it does take it in the edit field, the main web bookmark page shows the original thumb that was preloaded with the bookmark. Example,. edit espn
    I've had that same problem with a call coming in. The screen darkens and I can't get it to turn on and I can't hang up the phone. Is there a way to hang up the phone with the keypad if you can't get the screen back up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Somerfeld View Post
    2) Editing & deleting preloaded browser bookmark issues,. removing a preloaded bookmarks is not allowed. You have to edit it and place a new title and url with a new thumb picture. However the thumb picture even though it does take it in the edit field, the main web bookmark page shows the original thumb that was preloaded with the bookmark. Example,. edit espn
    1)Not a WebOS bug, I'm sure thats a Sprint thing, talk to them.

2)Open browser. Click Web▼-> Bookmarks. Throw uneeded bookmarks off side of the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Somerfeld View Post
    And Sprint has never allowed "easy" access to delete their apps. You can on WM devices if you know how and I am sure you'll be able to on the Pre once the hackers figure it out.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Terrible messaging bug, I've reseted phone still does it,I deleted all conversations, start a new conversation via text old history pops back up, close out. Go back in my conversation window says I have no conversations just see that message bubble picture
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    My msg buble icon sometimes doesn't go away either, especially when I'm already in messaging. It's not a big deal to swipe it off the screen, but when I'm in a convo with someone and the next msg arrives, you'd think it would know. And then to pop up, click it, and have it take me to the msg but still display the icon, that's a little annoying.

Also some contact pics are displaying as green squares instead of the actual pics. Anyone else seeing that?
    I've encountered a strange web browsing bug. My phone was still utilizing data as Pandora streaming was working great. However, no web page would load on the web browser until I cleared the cache. After I cleared the cache, all pages loaded fine and relatively quick.