Page 24 of 55 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
    If I send an email from my pop account and it can not go for whatever reason, it gets in some kind of send loop and I cannot delete it or stop it. I finally had to delete the account and start over.

Also, when I get an incoming text (the initial little text bubble in the corner) and I hit it to launch the text app, my photo app also launches.
    15. Humming through the headset is not limited to headset use.

In fact by far the worse it is comes when outputting to a car stereo Aux input or a home stero Phono input.

The humming becomes extraordinarily worse through any car or home stereo I have tried so far. The better the stereo, the more it sounds like you will do serious damage to your stereo.

Could you please change this to include these other problems:

15. Humming through the headset jack when using headphones or outputting via the headphone jack to a stereo.

- Craig
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    when i do universal search and then hit the google button, all my results come up in Spanish. I'm set to English, but I've not figured out how to fix this yet.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Camera takes forever to load.
    Once working i get lots of "noise" on the screen.
    Once i get a clean view and take the picture it takes forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by wctieman View Post
    when i do universal search and then hit the google button, all my results come up in Spanish. I'm set to English, but I've not figured out how to fix this yet.
    Mine did that too and sometimes in french, you have to hit more preferences and set it to english inside of the google page, not only on your phone.
    15. Noise through the headset jack when using headphones or outputting via the headphone jack to a stereo.

I am an Electrical Engineer and wanted to do some more testing. The first thing their engineers will say is that we all have unshielded headphone and phono cords.

I am using a double sheilded phono cable. I have used this same cable with iPods and their is no noise at all. I have just tried two other less expensive cables and their is no noise on the iPod and lots of noise with the Pre.

Also, to clarify, yes there is some 60 cycle hum but the spectrum of noise is much wider than this. The noise is coming from the Pre.

If we don't clarify like this Palm will just brush it off as a user problem. Also we have two Pre's and it exactly the same on both.

- Craig
    Can this be split into two Bug Lists?

Hardware Issues
    Some bugs are really hardware issues that are not going to be fixed until they retool manufacturing or release the next model. By including those on a bug list, the engineers get to just forward the entire list off to the design team working on the Pre II or event Pre III.

Software Bugs
    Some of our problems are true bugs that can be addressed on the existing Pre in software. These are the bugs that should stay on this list.

Please split it into two lists.

Also, what ETAs are they giving for at least telling us a time-frame for each bug.

- Craig
    On both of our Pre's we get much worse signal strength than our previous Treo's and current Rant and Razr's. The Pre is not a little bit worse but a lot worse. Along an interstate we often travel there is now an 8-mile Pre dead zone that works on the other phones.

I understand that this is not a bug to be resolved in the current phone but a design issue for future models.

- Craig
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Pre needs vibrate & silent icons just to let you know it's in that mode. The volume indicator is fine, but just add those two icons so we can see the Pre is in those modes when it's not asleep! Ideally I feel they should be at the top right with the bluetooth & signal strength icons. Nothing major & not really a problem, just an idea!
    Please add a bug note:

Enable the lyrics feature while playing music.

This needs to be in it's own thread as well.

Lyrics have been in iTunes since iTunes 5 for MP3's and AAC's. On older iPods you press the Center button repeatedly to cycle through Play status > Scrubber > Album Art > Lyrics/Description. For iPods with touch screens you just touch once in the center of the screen on the album artwork.

So the Palm Pre is the next generation! Even better!

So why did they strip the lyrics back out?

Lyrics are great in a couple of different ways.

1. It is fun to see what the words really are.
    2. Lyrics are great if you like to sing along.
    3. Lyrics on an iPod make for a fun impromptu Karaoke night with friends.

The best reason that lyrics are great is that they are so easy to add. It literally takes about 4 seconds a track to automatically type in a full set of lyrics.

The hard way to add lyrics is to select a song in iTunes, click Get Info > Lyrics. Go to a site such as WikiLyrics copy the lyrics and paste them into the iTune lyrics.

The easy way is to use any of the free lyrics programs for iTunes such as iLyrics for pcs or GimmeSomeTune for macs.

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 06/13/2009 at 09:03 PM.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Such a long thread and I tried searching all the bugs so that i dont repeat anything that was said.

But forwarding txts is impossible

and they definitely should throw us a bone with at least ONE game on the phone (while we wait ever so patiently for developers to throw us new apps). Where's Astrawares Sudoku when u really need it? The new Sudoku kinda sux.
    Google maps app can't access public transit data and since the app auto loads when you go to maps.google.com and it can't be removed, there is no way to access public transit info
    I searched and didn't see this bug listed:

I started Pandora, and switched the sound switch at the top of the to turn off the speaker -- except that the switch didn't work. The music played through the off switch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
    I searched and didn't see this bug listed:

I started Pandora, and switched the sound switch at the top of the to turn off the speaker -- except that the switch didn't work. The music played through the off switch.
    Well, I would think that the silence switch would NOT have an effect on the earphone jack. Think that is a "feature".

But, if you happen to be listening to Pandora through external speakers and then pull the jack out, you hear nothing - not even through the Pre's speaker. You have to stop the song and start it again.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    I dedicated page 3 of my launcher to contacts. I deleted one, but now I cannot add it back. The drop down menu for the contact only displays "Remove from Launcher" despite the contact having been removed. Now i receive the error "couldn't remove contact from Launcher" when I click that button. Thus, I cannot add that contact back to the launcher.
    Try it yourself!
  16.    #476  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinde View Post
    Please add a bug note:

Enable the lyrics feature while playing music.

This needs to be in it's own thread as well.

Lyrics have been in iTunes since iTunes 5 for MP3's and AAC's. On older iPods you press the Center button repeatedly to cycle through Play status > Scrubber > Album Art > Lyrics/Description. For iPods with touch screens you just touch once in the center of the screen on the album artwork.

So the Palm Pre is the next generation! Even better!

So why did they strip the lyrics back out?

Lyrics are great in a couple of different ways.

1. It is fun to see what the words really are.
    2. Lyrics are great if you like to sing along.
    3. Lyrics on an iPod make for a fun impromptu Karaoke night with friends.

The best reason that lyrics are great is that they are so easy to add. It literally takes about 4 seconds a track to automatically type in a full set of lyrics.

The hard way to add lyrics is to select a song in iTunes, click Get Info > Lyrics. Go to a site such as WikiLyrics copy the lyrics and paste them into the iTune lyrics.

The easy way is to use any of the free lyrics programs for iTunes such as iLyrics for pcs or GimmeSomeTune for macs.

- Craig
    Thanks for the info. I'm glad it is here for people to see, but I do not see it as a bug.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I have experienced a few glitches on my palm pre, they are as follows :

1. If you power cycle phone off and place on regular charger it will turn back

on, if you do this and put it on touchstone it will not turn back on and you will

have to remove battery to turn it back on ,at least happened to me.

2. when on browser and putting in text sometimes it goes to symbols and you

have to use shift to get back to regular letters.

3. place screen lock on phone and when removing from pouch it is already

unlocked, does it intermittently

4. sometimes have to press power button several times to bring screen back up.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I have been pretty lucky with my pre... one thing that does bug me... When I am streaming Pandora, using headphones, the wifi drops connection. As soon as I turn the screen on, it reconnects. I get about 3 songs worth of listening, then I have to pull the phone out and let it reconnect.. pretty annoying!
    Haven't read this whole thread so I apologize if this has been posted and talked about already...

Has anyone noticed that if you're in messaging already and receive a text from the very person you're talking with and reply to it that the alert at the bottom still stays there even after you've replied to it??? That's a little annoying.
    Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Many people are having trouble sending picture messages, though some are not. Some who were able to send picture messages to certain people prior to purchasing a Pre are no longer able to with the Pre. We haven't identified the exact source of the problem, but there is a problem somewhere, and it really needs to be fixed. One theory is that the Pre is sending larger images than most phones will accept, and if so, this could be remedied by allowing users to set the size of images sent via MMS. See this thread for more discussion.

Even if it turns out that recipient phones just aren't able to take the Pre's large images -- even if it turns out that this isn't technically a Pre bug -- this is a frustrating problem that Palm somehow introduced and so Palm still ought to fix.