Page 23 of 55 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyxiii View Post
    ....Oddly enough, if I begin a conversation with someone who I've spoke with before, it will still have a log of all the previous messages sent.

That is a feature called threaded messaging. All conversations with one person will stay on the Pre until you delete that entire conversation from the main messaging screen.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    I maybe wrong, but aren't all phones like this? I think every phone I have had is/was.
    No, I switched from AT&T and had a non-smartphone (Sony W810i). I was able to go hang up a call, retrieve a call, join calls, etc. If you have a call in call waiting, and they hang up, that call is still being billed as the Pre won't hang it up. If someone hangs up, it should automatically disconnect.
    Quote Originally Posted by ucsbleo View Post
    No, I switched from AT&T and had a non-smartphone (Sony W810i). I was able to go hang up a call, retrieve a call, join calls, etc. If you have a call in call waiting, and they hang up, that call is still being billed as the Pre won't hang it up. If someone hangs up, it should automatically disconnect.
    Well, there you go - "non-smartphone's" are not always dumber! My older Treo and all of my WM devices worked as you have found - but then again, maybe it is a Sprint/CDMA "feature"?
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    "51. Scrolling the calendar in the monthly view doesn't seem to work. I some how got it to work once or twice, but most of the time nothing happens when I swipe across the month. The daily and weekly views scroll smoothly and quickly."

Monthly view scrolls up and down.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    "59. Navigation does not pull addresses from contacts."

Works fine for me.
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    "59. Navigation does not pull addresses from contacts."

Works fine for me.
    You keep saying that in several threads and I believe you. But when I ask you for clarification you don't reply. They must be contacts created under the Palm Profile yes? Please reply in the other specific thread. I'm having a real problem with this. Thanks.
    "71. I don't know if this is a 'bug' but the volume button controls should lock out when you turn the screen off. Earlier, on my way home, I went to pick up the phone and hit the volume to max and almost blasted out my ears."

The volume buttons are locked out when the screen is off. But when getting an alert, there is that 3 second time period that the screen is on and the volume buttons are active.
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    You keep saying that in several threads and I believe you. But when I ask you for clarification you don't reply. They must be contacts created under the Palm Profile yes? Please reply in the other specific thread. I'm having a real problem with this. Thanks.
    Sorry, but I have very limited time on this board. In my other post, I mentioned that I sync my contacts with my work's exchange server. I'm not sure if Palm profile is causing you the issue.
    I should have said "didn't reply". Thanks for not taking offense. I've got to get out of here now too. I was on the phone with Palm for an hour earlier. Yeah it appears that your contacts must be created under the Palm Profile. If they are created under google profile at least, they don't show up in Sprint Nav. Palm's solution was for me to create another contact with same name under the Palm profile and link them, but it still won't show up. Only a contact created under the palm profile and not linked will work, for me anyway. Which of course means duplicates.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I don't know if this is a bug or just the way the thing works. You can't minimize Sprint radio and multitask like you can with the music player or Pandora. When you minimize the radio it stops the stream and returns to the menu of stations. Makes it a lot less useful I think.

Mike
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Illuminated? My keyboard has never been illuminated. I was griping about that last night : ) It should be?
    "71. I don't know if this is a 'bug' but the volume button controls should lock out when you turn the screen off. Earlier, on my way home, I went to pick up the phone and hit the volume to max and almost blasted out my ears."

The volume buttons are locked out when the screen is off. But when getting an alert, there is that 3 second time period that the screen is on and the volume buttons are active.
    Actually, I just ran in to this as well. If you have the music app running, listening to music, even if you shut the screen off and wait five minutes the volume buttons WILL change the volume without even turning the screen on. I would agree that whether that is a bug or not, its obnoxious.

Of course if the music app isn't running then the volume buttons do nothing when the screen is off, as they should.
    Quote Originally Posted by sambowatkins View Post
    Actually, I just ran in to this as well. If you have the music app running, listening to music, even if you shut the screen off and wait five minutes the volume buttons WILL change the volume without even turning the screen on. I would agree that whether that is a bug or not, its obnoxious.

Of course if the music app isn't running then the volume buttons do nothing when the screen is off, as they should.
    Ah, that explains it - I was listening to music. So the bug is with the music player stopping the buttons from being blocked. I just don't want to explode my ears anymore, so I hope this one is resolved.
  14.    #454  
    "51. Scrolling the calendar in the monthly view doesn't seem to work. I some how got it to work once or twice, but most of the time nothing happens when I swipe across the month. The daily and weekly views scroll smoothly and quickly."

Monthly view scrolls up and down.
    Thanks. I removed that one.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    This makes the headphones impossible to use. It blew my eardrums 3 times on business calls and I won't do it anymore.

It sucks cause I use EAS and get emails randomly as they are sent, have tons of appointments and spend a great deal of time on the phone.

I have tried to put it on silence, however it does not disable the alarm sounds.

This is a major problem, I remember a similar problem on the treo 600 when it first came out (I think). I surely hope this is not a hardware issue, but a software issue they can fix quickly.

Does anyone know if this is something software can fix?

(i'm sure this has been posted before, but want Palm to see it so they can fix it)
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Why do calls take forever to start on the Pre?

I notice when I make a call using my Honda HandsFreeLink via Bluetooth it takes 30-45 seconds from when HFL says "Calling" to when it starts ringing. My Instinct on the other hand was pretty much instant.

Also, I have noticed the samr problem when trying to answer a call directly on the phone, it seems like it takes so long to answer a call after you slide up the screen that so far i've missed half of my calls..

Can we please fix the speed that it takes to start calls both when making them and receiving them? The actual 'phone' part of the device should be a pretty important part.

thanks,
    FP
    didn't see this on the list

when having a text conversation and still in the messaging app the notification still shows up at the bottom, if i click it, it shows the bigger notification, if i click it again nothing happens. i have to go to card view then click it then it goes back to the conversation and the notification disappears
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by k1dude
    When I put my Pre on the Touchstone, it can't be used despite the instructions saying otherwise. You can't even activate the screen. After you remove it from the Touchstone, it takes about 3 or 4 minutes before you can wake it up to use it.
    Is this happening for everyone?
    No, I can use the Pre on the Touchstone just fine. It works while it is on the Touchstone, incl. immediately after you put it on the Touchstone, and it works immediately after you take it off the Touchstone.
    Last edited by Bag of Leaves; 06/12/2009 at 11:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    That is a feature called threaded messaging. All conversations with one person will stay on the Pre until you delete that entire conversation from the main messaging screen.
    They are saying that it happens after you have deleted the conversation. If somebody texts you, even if you have deleted the conversation, the old conversation shows up again above the new text.
    Didn't see this on the list, but when watching an mp4 video the screen gets really bright. Pausing it and making the card smaller makes it normal, and it stays that way until the video plays again.