Page 22 of 55 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    Just checked 2 of my contacts with multiple numbers and it worked perfectly for me - pulled their mobile number. Must be your contacts. I am on Exchange.
    I am on exchange also. Really weird.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I just confirmed that this bug only happens when exchange is NOT set as the primary profile for a contact. Once I switch echange to the primary everything worked fine... I wish the was an option to always make exchange the primary.
    I don't know if this is a 'bug' but the volume button controls should lock out when you turn the screen off. Earlier, on my way home, I went to pick up the phone and hit the volume to max and almost blasted out my ears. Absolutely horrible.
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    When you are in a text with someone and that someone texts you back...the notification doesn't go away immediately. I know x texted me back because I am ALREADY ON THE TEXT SCREEN WITH HIM/HER...i shouldnt have to click if off!
    Phone: 700p > Pre
    PMP: Archos 605 (30GB) and iPod Touch (16GB)
    I tried searching and didn't find anything posted about this already.

If I get a missed call and then tap on the notification of the missed call (the left part, to look at the list of missed calls, not to call that person back), then the missed call list pops up but there is nothing there. But If i switch over to all calls and then back again, it shows up. Not a big deal, just a little bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by HebrewHammer View Post
    I tried searching and didn't find anything posted about this already.

If I get a missed call and then tap on the notification of the missed call (the left part, to look at the list of missed calls, not to call that person back), then the missed call list pops up but there is nothing there. But If i switch over to all calls and then back again, it shows up. Not a big deal, just a little bug.
    might be an isolated problem.
    when i just tired it out a few times i click left side for list, BUT it shows "all calls" but the "missed calls" tab is blue as if it is selected.
    but the number i just missed was in there on top though.

on another note, this is weird, too.
    i ran the battery test and it shows a diff % than the top bar.
    as you see the drop down shows 95% as the test indicates 91%.
    the test is, too, btw. so i left it plugged in until they BOTH reached 100%.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Just as described here earlier, mine has now shut down at least a dozen times when I go to close the keyboard after a call. I have already developed a habit of closing the keyboard after each call I make and about 50% of the time it somehow shuts down the entire Pre and I have to wait 3 to 5 minutes for the phone to restart. I'm no muscle man so it can't be the shear force or authority I use in closing it. Please tell me others are having this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by SDash View Post
    Even if this has been said before, closing the slider crashed my phone, but it was a harder close.
    Not only this, opening the slider too hard crashed my phone and seem to not respond for a while.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I'm totally loving the Palm Pre but mine isn't without its share of problems either. I actually first experienced the slider crash while I was still in best buy ACTIVATING the phone! I wrote it off as the battery having a low charge but as of right now, I've just learned to live with it.

Other than that the only other problem I've been experiencing deals with the messaging program. I don't know if this has been mentioned as of yet, but it will not display random conversations in the messaging screen. It'll display some, but not all. Oddly enough, if I begin a conversation with someone who I've spoke with before, it will still have a log of all the previous messages sent.
    Are you sure that is light leakage? My Sprint TV background looks EXACTLY the same, but it looks like the design of the background to me. I tested my screen in the utilities and every color shows perfectly, so I know mine doesn't have a light leakage problem.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    I do hope Palm resolve what appears to be hardware issues before the GSM model is made available.

With a significantly larger consumer base in Europe and Asia what appears as a regular but relatively small stream of issues now will explode into a full blown unmitigated PRPRPR $disaster$ $if$ $corrective$ $action$ $is$ $not$ $taken$ $beforehand$. $It$ $could$ $signal$ $the$ $end$ $of$ $Palm$ $having$ $any$ $chance$ $of$ $real$ $and$ $immediate$ $success$ $in$ $those$ $regions$.
    Quote Originally Posted by blueaura View Post
    Scrolling the calendar in the monthly view doesn't seem to work. I some how got it to work once or twice, but most of the time nothing happens when I swipe across the month. The daily and weekly views scroll smoothly and quickly.
    You scroll UP/DOWN to change months in the monthly view, not back/forth across. You'll see the greyed-out dates from the previous and next months on the top and bottom of the current month - just scroll up or down to see those weeks and the current month will change with the scrolling. (Scroll real fast to advance a lot, scroll slow to advance a little.)
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    is there an official place to submit bugs and feature requests to Palm? Are they going to check this thread or will it be submitted?
    Quote Originally Posted by discglfr View Post
    Just as described here earlier, mine has now shut down at least a dozen times when I go to close the keyboard after a call. I have already developed a habit of closing the keyboard after each call I make and about 50% of the time it somehow shuts down the entire Pre and I have to wait 3 to 5 minutes for the phone to restart. I'm no muscle man so it can't be the shear force or authority I use in closing it. Please tell me others are having this problem?
    "shimming" the battery solves this problem doesn't it? (precentral.net/slider-crashes-inspire-macgyver-solution)
  14.    #434  
    Quote Originally Posted by k1dude View Post
    When I put my Pre on the Touchstone, it can't be used despite the instructions saying otherwise. You can't even activate the screen. After you remove it from the Touchstone, it takes about 3 or 4 minutes before you can wake it up to use it.
    Is this happening for everyone?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  15.    #435  
    O.k., I think I have everything updated up to this point. Just let me know if anything needs to be added or deleted from the list.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    If you are talking on your pre and you get another call, there is no way to hang up the first call (you can only end all calls). Also, there is no way to join calls together if they call you (you HAVE to call them to join calls).
  17. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    tony,
    I am not sure its a bug , but a missing feature.

When displaying SMS notification there is no privacy mode.
    In the troes (WinMos) the notification display says "You have a private message " as opposed to displaying the message.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    Is this happening for everyone?
    Not me - mine if fully functional while on the TS.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Quote Originally Posted by ucsbleo View Post
    If you are talking on your pre and you get another call, there is no way to hang up the first call (you can only end all calls). Also, there is no way to join calls together if they call you (you HAVE to call them to join calls).
    I maybe wrong, but aren't all phones like this? I think every phone I have had is/was.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Quote Originally Posted by sambowatkins View Post
    "shimming" the battery solves this problem doesn't it? (precentral.net/slider-crashes-inspire-macgyver-solution)
    Would return it immediately for this problem. This is a mfg'ing flaw and as much as I like the Pre, mine would go back if I had this problem.