Page 21 of 55 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
    Regarding email thread getting concatenated into a single line when replying, I noticed this *does not* happen when the email thread is HTML.
    I searched the forum and found that "t" is what you put between number strings to dial them automatically on the Pre. My bank number, tttttt (yeah took 6 of em), 1 for account balance,t,account number,t,passcode.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...ot-answer.html

I then discovered that if you try and redial that number in the phone app by pushing the green phone icon only the main number is dialed, not the rest of the string.
    1: When you have an AIM and a Gtalk account on the pre... You can't sign into one at a time or sign out of one... its either "available" for both, or none at all...

2: My web doesn't work like in the videos... if I load a page and go to card view, it doesn't load the page in card view (actively). It is loading, but doesn't "show" it in card view. Whatever the page has rendered before I hit the button to go to card view is all I see in card view... Every other program is live except for the web (for me).

3: Can't remove contacts linked to certain accounts. I have some AIM contacts that I dont even know who they are anymore, but I can't just remove them from my list... stupid.

4: Obviously the Battery (hotmail and signal issues)

5: Screen Brightness - When its dark and I want to txt and you have your brightness all the way down like myself, it also dims the keyboard back light... annoying since it it almost makes the backlight a mute point...

6: Option to replace the launcher icon since a simple swipe up does the same thing...

7: Fix the email retrieval (manual).

8. Adding SMS/MMS outboxes/drafts/saved

9. Email Attachments - I know Ive read you can send yourself an mp3 and save it but I couldn't find out how. I emailed myself, but once its downloaded, and I click on it within the email, it just streams it from the "file//" location...

10: LOVE THE PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by scizzy View Post
    8. Adding SMS/MMS outboxes/drafts/saved
    Ditto. Especially drafts. And I'm curious, anybody find a limit on the messaging history? My Treo 700p only kept last 300 from a conversation; eager to know if the Pre will keep it all or what.
    PAUSING music with the wired headset.
    It should have been mentioned in help but; when you pause music with the headset button, you have the length of time you set the backlight to to play with a single press. After that time (30sec for me) you have to do a DOUBLE CLICK (press twice fast). That has worked reliably for me for 2 days without a restart.

tliu79, try putting your phone in a holster on your belt for the walk and see if it does the same thing. I think the walk is bouncing it and turning it on, probably sliding it open just enough.
    When using the mobile-optimized version of Google Reader, clicking the "Email" link (which I normally use to send articles to friends) caused my Pre to crash.
    Quote Originally Posted by scizzy View Post
    6: Option to replace the launcher icon since a simple swipe up does the same thing...
    I didn't know that, thanks for the tip! Apparently I need to read the manual still...
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Sorry if this has been posted (don't feel like reading 21 pages), but Sprint devs have confirmed battery drains from having both GChat and AIM signed in at the same time. I was having the battery die within 6 hours and was getting frustrated. I then tried logging out of GChat and leaving AIM logged in and my battery lasted from 06:30 until 23:00 with 31% left!

Give it a shot. The devs say they're pushing a patch soon.

Xan
    I have noticed a couple of Calendar related issues.

1. The color assigned to the calendar seems to be assigned first-com-first-served. On my first Pre, Exchange calendar was Yellow and Google calendar was Green. I had to replace this Pre with a new one. When my preferences were restored from my Palm profile, the colors had switched so the Exchange calendar is Green and Google calendar is Yellow. This is a problem when you are accustomed to a particular color for your work events and then the color changes. I cannot find any way to change the assigned color and this implies the color assignment is not saved to your Palm Profile.

2. A recurring meeting on my Exchange calendar that was set during Daylight Saving Time appeared on the Pre one hour EARLY. The meeting was set for 10am CDT, but displayed on the Pre at 9am CST. My guess is the Pre is not adjusting for DST.
    I went to sleep with my pre on its palm included charger last night, with the phone happily charging, or so I thought.
    I wake up, at the battery is at 34%!!! I went to brush my teeth and came back, then it was at 33%, all while it said it was charging! Has anyone else seen this before?
    A reboot started the charging process again.
    Quote Originally Posted by xandrake View Post
    Sorry if this has been posted (don't feel like reading 21 pages), but Sprint devs have confirmed battery drains from having both GChat and AIM signed in at the same time. I was having the battery die within 6 hours and was getting frustrated. I then tried logging out of GChat and leaving AIM logged in and my battery lasted from 06:30 until 23:00 with 31% left!

Give it a shot. The devs say they're pushing a patch soon.

Xan
    How do you log out of just one chat client... I can't figure this out for the life of me...
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    i didnt see this mentioned on the bug list, so here goes...

when setting an alarm and an event notification appears before the alarm sounds, the alarm will not play until the event is dealt with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    I went to sleep with my pre on its palm included charger last night, with the phone happily charging, or so I thought.
    I wake up, at the battery is at 34%!!! I went to brush my teeth and came back, then it was at 33%, all while it said it was charging! Has anyone else seen this before?
    A reboot started the charging process again.
    Mine was doing a similar thing last night. I had just turned on Voice and Data roaming cause my sprint signal is weak at home. I also had on WiFi. PLugged in the phone and set it down (there were quite a few cards open too). Anyway, plugged it in with 13%. Checked it an hour later and it was at 14%. THen when I went to bed and took it with me at was back to 13%. Layed down in bed and put it in airplane mode. Shortly later before I fell asleep it was at 17%.

From this expierence and others it seems that the micro USB can just barely keep a charge if you have on wifi and are doing other things too. It charges best with the cards all closed and wifi off. It will charge with wifi on but only if your don't have alot of cards open too. It also be more dependent on what's in the cards. I'm sure some apps use more battery than others.

frankos72
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I used DTA to transfer my calendar from Palm Desktop to the Pre. I have a couple custom recurring annual events in Palm Desktop, e.g. "The second Saturday of every 12 months" which works out to the second Saturday of every December.

On the Pre it's still a Custom Monthly Repeat but it got changed to "Monthly on 2nd Saturday Every 1 month(s)". So on the Pre it shows up every month instead of once per year.
    This is a great phone! I'm willing to be patient for the bug fixes because I can see the developers did get a lot of things right.

Too bad I handed the Pre to my aunt to take a picture of me--she dropped it on the floor and now there's a crack.

Quote Originally Posted by rburna View Post
    i didnt see this mentioned on the bug list, so here goes...

when setting an alarm and an event notification appears before the alarm sounds, the alarm will not play until the event is dealt with.
    Second on the alarm delay. Alarm should be given priority over all other notifications.

I've also had problems/feature requests with the calendar, similar to other users.

1. In my Gmail calendar, I've deleted single events from a repeating series. The deleted events still show up on the Pre calendar.

2. Some problems pushing events created on the Pre to Gmail.

3. Please more colors for different calendars?

4. Ability to rename Gmail calendars to something other than "Google", like you can with the email accounts?

5. I used "Remove Calendar Account" for one account; can't seem to add the calendar back in except by deleting the *entire* account and then re-adding it.
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    I have noticed a couple of Calendar related issues.

1. The color assigned to the calendar seems to be assigned first-com-first-served. On my first Pre, Exchange calendar was Yellow and Google calendar was Green. I had to replace this Pre with a new one. When my preferences were restored from my Palm profile, the colors had switched so the Exchange calendar is Green and Google calendar is Yellow. This is a problem when you are accustomed to a particular color for your work events and then the color changes. I cannot find any way to change the assigned color and this implies the color assignment is not saved to your Palm Profile.
    Calendar color may be changed as follows:

- Go into the Calendar app, then tap the Calendar drop down in top left
    - Tap Preferences and Accounts
    - Scroll down to list of Accounts, then tap the one you want to change
    - Tap the color square to change
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I have confirmed this on all my contacts with multiple numbers.... Is anyone else experiencing this or is it a possible error/corruption with my contacts?

Quote Originally Posted by zmerahn View Post
    Not sure if it is a bug or just me, but if I search for a contact, then click on the sms icon next to their mobile number it opens a new text addressed to their work number. Anyone else getting this?
    Quote Originally Posted by zmerahn View Post
    I have confirmed this on all my contacts with multiple numbers.... Is anyone else experiencing this or is it a possible error/corruption with my contacts?
    Just checked 2 of my contacts with multiple numbers and it worked perfectly for me - pulled their mobile number. Must be your contacts. I am on Exchange.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    I would also like to see a list of appointments and alarms on the wake up screen like it did on the S2U2 screen on Windows phones.
    Last edited by thedarkness1981; 06/11/2009 at 04:34 PM.
    BUG: I type alot in Spanish, which uses accents like ń. In text messages, I have no problems creating the accents. I just hiy the Sym button, the letter I want accented, it shows me what accents are available and I hit that one.

However, when typing into a form field such as this one in the forum, the Sym button thing doesn't work.

So, when I'm typing in a Spanish forum on my Pre, I can't do accents like I was able to do on my Palm Centro.

This is a bug in my view.