Page 20 of 55 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dohcrx View Post
    My sent items in gmail don't show up on wifi or evdo. No emails, just the "press to refresh" message
    Expand "GMAIL", so it lists all of your Folders / Labels, then go all the way down, to [Gmail] you will find several additional folders, including 'sent' - this is past the first sent and sent items folders / labels. Your sent items should be in there...

Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyPaws View Post
    Couple of bugs i've noticed:

A) Honda/Acura HandsFreeLink cannot 'hang up' a bluetooth call made to/from the Pre.
    B) The phone will sometimes report that there is no 'data connection' even when in Sprint's network and the only way to fix it is to reboot.
    C) This is more of an annoyance but there should be a way to get the address bar in the browser from anywhere in a page and especially in landscape mode. The only way I can figure out how to get the address bar to appear is to have the phone is portrait mode and scroll all the way to the top of the window.

thanks,
    FP
    B) Ive had this happen to me too but on several phones not jus the pre. I just place a phone call, usually to my voicemail...once the phone connects I hang up...give it a few seconds/minute..and it connects.

c) just start typing in portrait mode and the address bar will appear.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    phone is open or closed and in lock state. one receives a notification, say an sms.. the phone will show the lock screen with keypad, vs. the background with yellow lock icon and notification.

anyone else seeing this?
    I am having issues with AOL syncing. For the past 3 days my AOL account would sync intermittently. I would get emails only part of the day. I am able to get them on my PC and my iPhone gets them as well. But my Pre is rather spotty. I don't know if it's with all ISPs as I only have my AOL account on my Pre.
    Is anyone else noticing this problem?
    Anyone getting this with only one card open?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneAfter909 View Post
    Yes i got that a couple of times last night. Haven't seen it yet today, though.
    Do you regularly restart - or have you restarted since you bought it?
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    Do you regularly restart - or have you restarted since you bought it?
    Trying to restart it now using the option in Device Info, but I can't open the Device Info card because I'm getting that error message? Is there another way to restart the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelael View Post
    Trying to restart it now using the option in Device Info, but I can't open the Device Info card because I'm getting that error message? Is there another way to restart the phone?
    Hold the restart button and slide the silent slider at the top of the pre 4 times (left and right). It takes a second but once the screen fades it should restart.
    Quote Originally Posted by orlando_c View Post
    Hold the restart button and slide the silent slider at the top of the pre 4 times (left and right). It takes a second but once the screen fades it should restart.
    Thanks O. That fixed it... (for now)
    Actually the easier is too press orange key + symbol + R - and it restarts immediately.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Have never restarted. I suppose I should start.....right?
    So I was using the phone on using the bluetooth unit in my Nissan Altima. I got home and about an hour later I tried to make a call and after about 30 secondss of nothing I was confused, so I hung up. I tried again and went to put it on speaker phone to see if that would solve it. Thats when I noticed it was routing the call to a bluetooth unit. There are no bluetooth devices in my house, so I was confused. After the call I looked at in the blue tooth app, and it was still connected to my car unit even though it was both out of range and off. Has anyone else had a similar problem?
    I am, and mentioned it on the board last night. I did not even have 1 card open.
    Quote Originally Posted by pandit.manish View Post
    I am, and mentioned it on the board last night. I did not even have 1 card open.
    I just did a restart as suggested above, and I has not popped up since.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    pop account appears to be accessing the mail server constantly because outlook tells me the server is busy when I try to pull down mail into outlook. When I turn off the phone or delete the pop account, outlook is able to access the mail server.

I deleted the pop account and reloaded. set it to "manual" for pulling downing the mail and it still does it. BTW, there is no indication on the phone that it is accessing the mail server.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I experienced an error refreshing the EVDO connection yesterday. I opened the web browser in a poor service zone, and the webpage timed out and couldn't load. (it was switching in and out of roaming too). Then later on when I had a perfect signal no web content was downloading from the browser or the twitter app. I had to restart the phone. Switching in and out of airplane mode didn't help. Its like when you have to repair the connection in windows! Except in Windows you dont have to restart.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxthesilent View Post
    Anyone unable to open Excel doc's in the DocToGo viewer? I can open Word docs with no problem in it, and PDF's in that app, but anytime I try to open Excel it just goes to a white screen. I have them saved in the 97-03 format.

Pat
    I seem to have solved the problem: for some reason, some of my Excel and Word docs were saved with the .doc or .xls extensions in caps (.DOC or .XLS). Docs to Go does not like this and will not open the file if the file extension is in all caps.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I just noticed something and I apologize if someone's posted about it already.

In the calendar and email apps, my passwords are saved. However, in my contacts app, I have to input my password each time. I'm having a problem syncing from my Pre to my Gmail contacts while others can sync both ways. Also, maybe that's also a reason why Facebook friends are not being synced to the Pre.

calendar password saved - both google and facebook
    email password saved - gmail
    contacts password not saved - both gmail and facebook - need to sign in

And a minor issue: in the calendar and contacts preferences, the selections are laid out as follows:

sign in
    remove account.

However, in the email preferences, it's laid out:

remove account
    change login settings
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    When in "silent" mode the calendar reminders won't wake the phone if the screen is off. You will only get the reminder when manually turn the screen on...
    What?