Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast
  1.    #21  
    I'm adding dead pixels to the list. Seems to be common enough. Don't they turn the thing on and look at the screen before shipping them out? The phones are brand new!
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by MicahDG View Post
    Yeah, brett, what do you think this is, an iphone? Take the battery out
    Took the battery out. Phone is back on line. sucker is getting hot too.

when I bought the phone, the Sprint Rep warned me to never remove the battery! HAHA, I'm not kidding.

another bug? My signal strength indicator is all over the place. Full bars, then seconds later no bars. Then 3 bars, etc.. When on the web, EV shows up with 5 bars, then disappears like there is no service. WTF!

Getting hotter than my Pre right now!
    Quote Originally Posted by brett328 View Post

when I bought the phone, the Sprint Rep warned me to never remove the battery! HAHA, I'm not kidding.

another bug? My signal strength indicator is all over the place. Full bars, then seconds later no bars. Then 3 bars, etc.. When on the web, EV shows up with 5 bars, then disappears like there is no service. WTF!

Look out!!!!
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I cant use symbols when i type in the web browser. This means I cant type in any of my website passwords. And I cant write it down in memo copy and paste it over either!
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brett328 View Post

I was having heat issues as soon as I left the Sprint store and it continued while I charged it. However, after unplugging the charger and letting the Pre sit for a while, it's cooled down nicely and after playing with it again for a bit, it's not getting hot again.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I'm already on my 2nd Pre... My first one had 3 issues:
    1) it had no sound except the little noise from when you throw up the apps to close them
    2) the camera wouldn't load at all
    3) it wouldn't play videos

I exchanged it and my new one is working fine... Thank god!
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    When entering data into a form field on a web page, they symbol key doesn't work (clicking on a symbol does nothing), and the cut-and-paste Edit menu items don't work. (However, the cut-and-paste shortcuts do work.)
    Working fine. Did the update, set preferences, all fine. Just waiting for Vaja Cases to debut the new case.
    Ibrahim B.

Kyo PDQ - Kyo 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo -650 (2) & now the Palm Pre. Will keep my BB World Phone Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by MicahDG View Post
    Here's a pic of the light leakage/distortion at the bottom of my screen...

My wife's Pre is perfect, no complaints on hers yet (sad for me, good for her! )
    That reminds me of the light "leakage" in the top-right corner of the first Handspring Treos.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Thanks for setting up this "buglist" thread, Tony. I'm thinking about getting the Pre in the next few weeks, but if too many major issues are reported, I think I'll just wait for the next hardware rev or the next iPhone.
    Not a bug but the ringer is way to quiet
    Yes the speaker is very bad.

My main bug is EAS sync with stupid certificates, you can't sync without SSL for some reason.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Yes the speaker is very bad.

My main bug is EAS sync with stupid certificates, you can't sync without SSL for some reason.
    Thanks for the info. Could you elaborate on this for us? If there is already a thread, a link would suffice. I just want to understand the issue.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    This is a great thread for those going to get the Pre...they can print out the list and take it with them to the store an make sure they don't have any of these issues before they leave.
    My only bug is dead pixels and some light leakage on the bottom which doesn't bother me all that much. They run a tad hot though I must say but they're fast so its okay Just those dead pixels! >_>
    My Pre also has the light leakage issue but it's in the upper left under the word Sprint and not near the gestures area. It's really noticeable when doing anything full-screen (videos/camera).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    Thanks for the info. Could you elaborate on this for us? If there is already a thread, a link would suffice. I just want to understand the issue.
    On the speaker? It just is quiet.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Any symbol that you need to use the Sym Button to get at , []{}<> cant be entered into the browser. try in the name, and password fields for google sign in.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    4. The cut-and-paste Edit menu items don't work. (However, the cut-and-paste shortcuts do work.)
    Hi Tony. The Edit menu is only broken when entering data into a text field in the web browser; that's also where the symbol key is broken. Thx.
    I'm adding dead pixels to the list. Seems to be common enough. Don't they turn the thing on and look at the screen before shipping them out? The phones are brand new!
    Dead pixels exist in every device, if all companies were to throw out every screen with a dead pixel they'd lose a lot of money. There is an industry standard as to how many pixels can be dead in certain areas of the screen and be okay to ship, not sure the specifications though. Most companies will replace dead pixels if they bother you but they technical don't have to...
Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast