Page 19 of 55 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    Not sure if this is reproducible, however I had my system sounds set to about 50%, and after a power off and power on, it was set to 100% again.
    Quote Originally Posted by XiaNaphryz View Post
    I've copied a bunch of photos to my Pre over USB so I can attach them to various entries in Contacts. I go to edit an entry, tap the little picture icon, choose the folder I copied them into, select the photo, adjust it as needed and tap Attach. The photo shows up fine, but once I tap Done the photo disappears. I go back into Edit, and it's gone from there too. Repeated attempts to reattach the file don't seem to help, and I've tried fiddling with different image sizes just in case to no avail.
    Im experiencing the exact same issue!
    anothe common one is that the device tells me its low on memory and it cannot open anymore apps when I have only one or two cards open! In this circumstance I just shut down the device and reboot it and it fixes it but its happened twice in one day.
    Quote Originally Posted by zebupike View Post
    Has anyone noticed that it seems to take two rings on the calling parties line before the Pre starts to ring? I noticed this on Monday and have called my Pre from several phones and it seems to take forever before the Pre gets the incoming call signal. First and foremost, this thing is a phone, right?
    Same thing for me, but worse. I've managed to call my Pre with other phones and it's only getting the last ring; twice it never rang. I don't have great signal where I am, but still it seems like a phone issue.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truthknown View Post
    5 - For the life of me, I cannot select text to copy. Is there only certain places where you can select text? Or am I just doing this wrong? I have tried selecting text from a received email, and from web pages to no avail.
    Unfortunately, that's not a bug, but a missing feature. You can only cut and paste from "editable fields".

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Another EAS fix

This should be easy to fix

If you create the appointment with invites in Outlook, then the Pre is able to add and remove those participants, however it doesn't seem possible to create a new appointment and add participants on the Pre itself.

It appears that the complete functionality is there, it is just that the participants widget is not shown on new appointments.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Couple of bugs i've noticed:

A) Honda/Acura HandsFreeLink cannot 'hang up' a bluetooth call made to/from the Pre.
    B) The phone will sometimes report that there is no 'data connection' even when in Sprint's network and the only way to fix it is to reboot.
    C) This is more of an annoyance but there should be a way to get the address bar in the browser from anywhere in a page and especially in landscape mode. The only way I can figure out how to get the address bar to appear is to have the phone is portrait mode and scroll all the way to the top of the window.

thanks,
    FP
    Quote Originally Posted by palmcrash View Post
    I've found that tilting the Pre upright (top pointing to the sky) allows consistent rotation.
    Yup this seems to correct it 99% of the time now only a few time it hasn't. Guess it takes a little more movement that a simple smooth rotate.
    the ability to copy text in emails is a bug to me, there should be no reason that this is not possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyPaws View Post
    Couple of bugs i've noticed:

A) Honda/Acura HandsFreeLink cannot 'hang up' a bluetooth call made to/from the Pre.
    B) The phone will sometimes report that there is no 'data connection' even when in Sprint's network and the only way to fix it is to reboot.
    C) This is more of an annoyance but there should be a way to get the address bar in the browser from anywhere in a page and especially in landscape mode. The only way I can figure out how to get the address bar to appear is to have the phone is portrait mode and scroll all the way to the top of the window.

thanks,
    FP
    If you are in landscape then I think that's the only way to reach the location bar. However, when you are in portrait you can just start typing and the bar will just appear at the top of the page. You can either search google or type in a url.
    I used the browser to purchase an online membership.

Worked fine except it gave me a blank page after I hit submit instead of sending me to a confirmatiin page. After talking with the site - they confirmed I ahould have gone to the confirm page since the transaction went through.
    Couple more.

SprintTV does not seem to work unless EVDO data is present. Will not work over WiFi.

Sprint Navigation does not pull addresses from contacts.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Customization aside (it needs a lot more of it, not just this instance), what do you have that's going to go off? Do you set alarms for the middle of the day, or leave the music or video player open? If you have the ringer switch to the right, those are the only things you'll hear.
    I could easily have alarms set for the middle of the day. And while what you describe is all that SHOULD be heard, there have a been at least a couple of posts from people who silenced an incoming call, only to get interrupted shortly after that by an alarm. A voicemail alert, I guess?

I agree with you about customizations. To me, mute means silent, not silent except for sometimes.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    48. One particular event would not synch back to the google calendar, though other events would... the difference was that this entry used the '&' symbol in the title. Once I removed that and substituted with 'and' the event synched.
    UPDATE: Creating a NEW Event/Appointment in the Pre Calendar with symbols (did not test all symbols) in EITHER the Event Name (aka Title) or Event Notes (aka Detail), the "Pre-created" event will NOT sync to Google Calendar(s).
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by LACienega View Post
    the device tells me its low on memory and it cannot open anymore apps when I have only one or two cards open! In this circumstance I just shut down the device and reboot it and it fixes it but its happened twice in one day.
    Happened to me twice last night as well...even with no cards open, it would tell me i had too many. very strange.

I also still can't get rid of some gtalk profiles. they're not showing up on gtalk in windows, but they still show up on the pre. mucho strange-o.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxGator View Post
    I used the browser to purchase an online membership.

Worked fine except it gave me a blank page after I hit submit instead of sending me to a confirmatiin page. After talking with the site - they confirmed I ahould have gone to the confirm page since the transaction went through.
    It could be the popup blocker? Now that I think about it that may be why I can't seem to access my bank either through the main or mobile versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    Mute should be just that: Mute. Silent for everything, and perhaps a vibrating alert. But definitely no sound.
    +1
    my gps says I'm a block over
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    When I put my Pre on the Touchstone, it can't be used despite the instructions saying otherwise. You can't even activate the screen. After you remove it from the Touchstone, it takes about 3 or 4 minutes before you can wake it up to use it.
    Love my Pre, hate the holster. The $25 holster is too loose, the pre falls out too easily.

I have three email issues. One has occurred since day 1, the other just started:

Main problem: My email accounts are all IMAP. On most emails, when I touch it to see the message, I'll see the rotating circle for several seconds, then get the following message:

"Download of the message body timed out. The system will retry soon."

It doesn't matter if the Pre is on a Wi-Fi network or not.

Second problem: I replied to someone's message, the message bounced. When I looked at the bounce message, I see:

For <<phil@******.com>, Site (*******com/***.***.***.***) said: 501 #5.1.3 Invalid username: '<phil'

For some reason, the Pre added an extra angle bracket to the email address. I checked the original email,it was properly formed.

Third problem: For some reason, the Pre has stopped accessing one of my email accounts. I know there is new email there.

JBB
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    My sent items in gmail don't show up on wifi or evdo. No emails, just the "press to refresh" message