Page 18 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
    When I'm ina text with someone and I get another twxt from that person the aleart comes bacl even if I swipe it away.
    Edit: once when I went to (there's symbols not working again) launcher_list apps and tried to delete tasks whenever I tried to launch an app it gave me what list apps would have given me.
    Last edited by The_lane; 06/09/2009 at 02:56 PM.
    One particular event would not synch back to the google calendar, though other events would... the difference was that this entry used the '&' symbol in the title. Once I removed that and substituted with 'and' the event synched.
    Quote Originally Posted by bo4uofm View Post
    I know this has been mentioned before, but in case someone from Palm is reading this I wanted to chime in. If you put a ringer mute on the phone, then you realize there are times that you don't want to be disturbed. You still want to receive messages and you want to know when you get a call, but you want to be the only one that knows that. For example, you get a phone call while at church. The pre will silence that, but if they follow up with a text message, then everyone can hear that. I know you can turn that off, but going into the menu each time is annoying.
    When would there ever be a time that you want to mute your phone ringer but have all the other sounds? Maybe I am missing something, but I really liked the way this worked on my old treo.
    Mute should be just that: Mute. Silent for everything, and perhaps a vibrating alert. But definitely no sound.
    Verizon
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Well I just had this happen to me...I received a call and I couldn't answer the phone...the ball couldn't slide off the screen to answer...all it did was move from the middle to the bottom right corner then up to the left top corner, then it just went crazy...this phone has a lot of bus...c'mon palm hurry and fix this troubles...
    I actually like the way the switch works now. On means everything on, off means everything that I don't start myself- meaning music or videos- off. And having the clock application make the alarm go off when the switch is off is a godsend, I've had issues with that in the past.
    In email replies, the header info of the prior email I am responding to does not appear... it says " XYZ" said:... but no date, subject, etc.... Some of the info appears if you do a forward, instead of a reply, but the date and time of the original email is missing....

There is a similar issue with all prior email in the repsonse being mixed together in one string and all formatting, including hard returns, lost.

See PreCentral and Palm Forum Links below on this issue:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ambled-up.html

http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/me...cending&page=1
    ETUTREO300
    Has anyone noticed that it seems to take two rings on the calling parties line before the Pre starts to ring? I noticed this on Monday and have called my Pre from several phones and it seems to take forever before the Pre gets the incoming call signal. First and foremost, this thing is a phone, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I actually like the way the switch works now. On means everything on, off means everything that I don't start myself- meaning music or videos- off. And having the clock application make the alarm go off when the switch is off is a godsend, I've had issues with that in the past.
    Then this behavior should be a configuration setting. In a business environment, I can't have my phone going off when I think I silenced it. And it's ridiculous to have to go to multiple menu items to turn each sound on and off individually.

What I'd really like, but Palm seems to have an inbred aversion to, is customizable profiles. Let ME decide what sounds I want, and when. I should be able to create a profile that silences everything but leaves the buzzer. Another that turns off everything, including the buzzer, one that's extra loud, one that's quiet, but not silent, another that mutes the phone and text sounds, but not alarms, etc.

Even my wife's ancient Nokia dumb phone has profiles, for Pete's sake.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Scrolling the calendar in the monthly view doesn't seem to work. I some how got it to work once or twice, but most of the time nothing happens when I swipe across the month. The daily and weekly views scroll smoothly and quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Then this behavior should be a configuration setting. In a business environment, I can't have my phone going off when I think I silenced it. And it's ridiculous to have to go to multiple menu items to turn each sound on and off individually.
    Customization aside (it needs a lot more of it, not just this instance), what do you have that's going to go off? Do you set alarms for the middle of the day, or leave the music or video player open? If you have the ringer switch to the right, those are the only things you'll hear.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Camera takes forever to load. Pictures are great but everyclick takes lots and lots of time.
    I've had 2 problems of note that i would consider bugs....

- Launching the Camera froze the phone, screen was stuck on the camera icon. Had to hold down power and flip the ringer switch to reboot.

- Today I'm responding to a text message and I can't type the response. It allowed me to switch to another open app but not let me do anything or launch any new apps (launcher would open but no new apps would launch). When I tried to throw the messaging app off the screen it would go away but then come back when I switched to another app. Pulled the battery (first time ever), open and close other apps no problem, open up messaging again and try to respond to the same text...does the same thing as the first time. Pull battery again, boots back up, confirm other apps work fine (accuweather, app cat, etc) no problems, go into messaging and just delete the conversation that wouldn't let me respond...haven't had an issue since. I found it really weird.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    This isn't a bug- rather a feature request, on the hope that Palm trolls Palm forums searching for user feedback.

One nice feature of the iPhone that the Pre should "borrow" is the tap-the-top-to-get-to-the-top feature that allows you to auto scroll to the top of whatever application you want to.
  14.    #354  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    Some of the things here are fixed in the 1.0.2 update. Make sure you update to the latest patch. If you are updated what are the 6,7,8th digits of your S/N?
    Please tell me which ones so I can remove them from the list.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Haven't seen this one posted yet.

If you have same names listed in your contacts with a different suffix (Sr., Jr., III) it merges them together. My father and I have the same name and when I try to add him as a contact it attaches all his information to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I'm sorry, but I hate this. I've already met with an embarrassing circumstance regarding this in a hospital. I think the phone should vibrate instead of using sound. Or at least make a setting for an alarm to ignore the ringer switch, to make everyone happy.
    +1 for Email thread getting concatenated as a single string on reply (major bug).

Not sure if someone mentioned this here - there is *no* way to set a proxy for the browser. So if I am connected to a wireless network which uses proxy, I simply cannot use it. This is a major functionality miss IMO.

Another thing I noticed this evening was that the phone no longer could get locked. Basically the power button turned off the screen, and would turn on the screen when I tapped on it after a while, but no "slide to unlock" icon appeared. This was fishy and then while playing around, I tried to open an app it gave me an error saying too many cards open. I had no cards open at that time. Anyway, I rebooted the device and now the lock functionality works, plus it is no longer complaining about too many cards. Is this some kind of memory leak or something?

Did they do any testing at all on this software..!?!
    Last edited by pandit.manish; 06/09/2009 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Added dissappearing slider lock issue
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Even if this has been said before, closing the slider crashed my phone, but it was a harder close.
    Not only this, opening the slider too hard crashed my phone and seem to not respond for a while.
    Whit most other sprint phones when you dial a number it tells you what state its from. my pre isn't doing that
    Quote Originally Posted by rkm625 View Post
    Whit most other sprint phones when you dial a number it tells you what state its from. my pre isn't doing that
    I do not remember the Treos doing it though..however my wife's Sanyo Katana does it.