Page 17 of 55 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I didn't notice it in a forum search or on the bug list, so...

Seems as though message alert tones, ringtones, etc still get played through the Pre's speaker when a bluetooth headset is connected to the Pre, instead of the alert tones getting played through the headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by seahawks80 View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I didn't notice it in a forum search or on the bug list, so...

Seems as though message alert tones, ringtones, etc still get played through the Pre's speaker when a bluetooth headset is connected to the Pre, instead of the alert tones getting played through the headset.
    Is this a bug? It works fine on my Pre.

My headset has its own beep when there is an alert on the phone, and the phone won't beep. My headset doesn't stay connected indefinitely - just for a short time after I hang up. Then I have to hit the button on the headset to reconnect if the phone rings.
    I know this has been mentioned before, but in case someone from Palm is reading this I wanted to chime in. If you put a ringer mute on the phone, then you realize there are times that you don't want to be disturbed. You still want to receive messages and you want to know when you get a call, but you want to be the only one that knows that. For example, you get a phone call while at church. The pre will silence that, but if they follow up with a text message, then everyone can hear that. I know you can turn that off, but going into the menu each time is annoying.
    When would there ever be a time that you want to mute your phone ringer but have all the other sounds? Maybe I am missing something, but I really liked the way this worked on my old treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by whoiswhois View Post
    I think i found a bug with the facebook contact syncing. First sync works fine, all contacts are fetched. However, if you add a contact to facebook and then tell it to sync again, nothing happens.

Can anyone confirm this?
    Same thing is happening to me. Came to this thread to find a solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by willxcore View Post
    Same thing is happening to me. Came to this thread to find a solution.

have you all tried . . going into contact, tap menu, tap pref, tap facebook, type in your password, tap sign on, back swipe, scroll down, tap sync now?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    have you all tried . . going into contact, tap menu, tap pref, tap facebook, type in your password, tap sign on, back swipe, scroll down, tap sync now?
    I have tried exactly that 2 or 3 times. No luck.
    Sometimes a web page will not load completely, and hitting reload does not bring up the full page, nor does navigating away and clicking on a link to the page. It's as if the Pre is pulling from an incomplete cached version and I can't force it to load a new one. I have to close and restart the browser. Frustrating.
    I didn't see this anywhere else in this thread but I thought I should mention it here. The browser has this issue where if you click on a hover dropdown item, it will go to the link on the item you clicked as opposed to just opening dropdown. It does actually open the dropdown but it immediately goes to the link afterwards. You can see some examples if you navigate to ebay as well as amazon (the pc version not mobile).

Sorry to mention the iPhone here but on their browser when you click it acts as a hover. Although it might seem like a minor gripe, there are many sites where this issues comes up and it is quite frustrating.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Note: It also happens when you try to click on the 'Pre Guide' nav link on this site from the homepage. Normally when I click on it I would expect it to expand the dropdown and let me see the other choices but it does not.
    Last edited by orlando_c; 06/09/2009 at 12:43 PM. Reason: More information
    Quote Originally Posted by RenardRouge View Post
    Is this a bug? It works fine on my Pre.

My headset has its own beep when there is an alert on the phone, and the phone won't beep. My headset doesn't stay connected indefinitely - just for a short time after I hang up. Then I have to hit the button on the headset to reconnect if the phone rings.
    Does your headset support both stereo bluetooth (A2DP) and the basic hands free profile (HFP)? I've tried 2 headsets that support both profiles, and my alert sounds are still getting played through the phone speaker. I do get a different notification sound on my headset for incoming calls, but the ringones and alerts are still playing through the phone speaker when the headsets are connected.
    There is something definitely wrong with the implementation of the earphones button function when listening to music. Unless this is just an issue with my phone, this makes listening to music next to impossible on the phone unless you are the type to never change tracks, pause, and re-play, all with the phone in your pocket.

Here is the issue:

I walk to work during my commute and listen to the music on my Pre (with it in my pants pocket) as I would with an iphone. I skip a few tracks with no problem, but then notice that tracks are skipping by themselves. I take my phone out and see that the screen is on and it has opened up multiple applications and jumping tracks randomly.

I thought it was just b/c I forgot to turn my screen off so I turn off screen and put it back in my pocket, a little while later, same problem. It seems the earphones button to skip tracks sometimes turns on the Pre screen, which it should not be doing. Also skipping tracks sometimes works, sometimes doesnt.

If I pausing music (with the microphone button) for more than 5-10 secs, I can not get my Pre to resume playback by pushing the button again. The only way I can do this is by turning on the screen and then the button magically works again.

At random points, the button will just stop working altogether unless I turn the Pre back on.

This has been a completely frustrating experience when listening to music. The iphone performed these functions without issue. Palm needs to address this if it wishes to tout the Pre as a music player replacement as well.

Anyone else having these issues?
    I am syncing with a Google calendar that causes my day and week views to be blank after January 5 2009. Month view works fine. Other google calendars work fine, but as soon as I introduce this particular calendar to the phone (my work calendar and the one that I most need to have on here) I have this issue. Tried removing it and all others and re-added in every different order, waited three days to see if it was just slow sync, restarted phone, tried every combination of sharing calendar to others to sync via other google accounts, removed all shared and public calendars from the problem calendar's google account, checked time zones on all google accounts and phone. Still not working.
    PDF Viewer Bugs

1. Going to a bookmark does not actually go to that page number, but adds that page number to your current page (ex: Initially going to a bookmark for 59 will bring you to page 60, then tap it again for page 119, etc)
    2. Pages show up blank after the first in certain PDFs
    3. Application crashes on certain pages of certain PDFs
    1 - If you have 2 Exchange accounts setup on the Pre, searching through the global address book only provides results for the first exchange account that exists, even if you are writing an email using the second exchange account. Its either that or the global address search is only searching what is setup as the default account.

2 - After linking contacts manually then going back to the contact list, it does not place me where I left off but rather a lot of scrolls worth up the contact list from that last point. This is annoying if you have over 1000 contacts and you are trying to clean it up by ensuring they are all linked properly.

3 - When browsing a page that has links that open popups, a unique situation happens. In my case, the link opens a popup, but that popup is a warning page that requires me to click continue to view the real popup I want. In this situation, the button is not clicking no matter how I try to press it.

4 - Removing a contact from AIM does not remove it from the Pre contact list when it is synced. However, the Pre does not allow you to delete AIM contacts from the list at all. The only way I have been able to remove them is by delinking the AIM account completely and then setting it up again. This removes ALL AIM contacts, and then resets it with the current AIM list. Very annoying when you realize this after you have linked each AIM contact you want with its corresponding full contact in the list!

5 - For the life of me, I cannot select text to copy. Is there only certain places where you can select text? Or am I just doing this wrong? I have tried selecting text from a received email, and from web pages to no avail.

Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by seahawks80 View Post
    Does your headset support both stereo bluetooth (A2DP) and the basic hands free profile (HFP)? I've tried 2 headsets that support both profiles, and my alert sounds are still getting played through the phone speaker. I do get a different notification sound on my headset for incoming calls, but the ringones and alerts are still playing through the phone speaker when the headsets are connected.
    I do not know - its a Motorola H500
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I've noticed that when adding contacts to an e-mail or message, some of them do not show up fully or at all in auto-complete. For instance a person's linked e-mail may show up if I begin typing the e-mail, however if I type their contact name I get "no results".

Anyone else get this?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    This is minor, but when my google talk account is logged in from the Pre, it's using an XMPP Resource of 'Home'. I suspect this is the default of whatever library is being used for jabber, but it should be configurable. I'd set it to 'Pre', 'PalmPre', or 'Mobile', personally.

Also, GTalk is XMPP. We should be able to connect to other XMPP (jabber) accounts, again with configurable resources.

See RFC 3920, sections 3.1 and 3.4 for more details.
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    yeah i have one dead pixel on my pre
    Quote Originally Posted by RenardRouge View Post
    I do not know - its a Motorola H500
    I think that headset just supports the headset and hands-free profiles, not music over bluetooth. If you look at your bluetooth preferences when your Motorola H500 is attached, it probably just shows a little phone icon next to the H500 in your list of bluetooth devices. The headsets I'm using support bluetooth music as well (A2DP), and they show up in the bluetooth preferences list with both a phone icon and a music note icon next to them when they're connected to the Pre. Maybe the "alert sounds not playing through bluetooth headset" issue that I'm experiencing is specific to headsets that support the A2DP profile. Still might be a bug, but only for A2DP bluetooth headsets...
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    This isn't a bug- rather a feature request, on the hope that Palm trolls Palm forums searching for user feedback.

When I reply to an email, the app shows that I've replied by showing a circle arrow. It'd be nice to be able to click that arrow and see my reply.
    Not the biggest thing in the world, but sometimes my swoosh sound ( sound when you throw a card off the screen) is really low so I power the pre off and turn it back on and it's loud again lol

A few other have had this same issue.