Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    1) When an email account is set to pull manually - that does not work. This was listed in another post and changing it to a set time does seem to work.

2) Tasks - No ability to set task reminder time. I use Exchange and have reminders for tasks set for certain times - those times do not transfer to the Pre. If a task is set for today, you get a reminder today even if you asked for a reminder at 7:00PM.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    When you write and email & save a draft, then click "Email > Cancel" it will not delete the draft.
    Follow Me On

Quote Originally Posted by scizzy View Post
    Anyone else notice that the battery icon when charging has the little lightning bolt.... (I have touchstone)

but when It reaches its 100% mark, it still says its charging...

Maybe a problem, maybe not... just throwing that out there...
    I think the little lightening bolt changes color - from yellow to white maybe when full charge is reached??
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Not sure if its a bug or feature, but while listening to music via headphone jack anyone that calls goes straight to voicemail. Can this be turned off? If not please fix... So much for listening to my mp3 player at work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxion View Post
    Not sure if its a bug or feature, but while listening to music via headphone jack anyone that calls goes straight to voicemail. Can this be turned off? If not please fix... So much for listening to my mp3 player at work.
    Are you sure you have good signal when you tried this? My pre does not have this problem. Automatically pauses music and rings through my earphones. Resumes once the call is ended.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tliu79 View Post
    Are you sure you have good signal when you tried this? My pre does not have this problem. Automatically pauses music and rings through my earphones. Resumes once the call is ended.
    Yes. I tried when the music was playing and went straight to voicemail, I then killed the app and called back and it rang through... perhaps a reset?

EDIT: After rebooting the device it seemed to straighten out the issue.
    Last edited by Traxion; 06/08/2009 at 04:00 PM.
    1. It appears that once you go to the gmail inbox you can't get back to the main screen.

2. Really hard to one hand operate while charging since usb is on the side.
    Quote Originally Posted by logos View Post
    Not sure if this one is posted or not. When you are in a sms conversation you still receive a notification for each message you get. It may not be fixable but it seems like if you have the conversation already up as the active app, notifications should turn off for that contact. It's a small annoyance.
    YEP

some people also do not get my pic mail and some do. multiple carriers

CONTACTS: ughhhhhhhhh..... saturday they didnt really transfer my phone contacts so it was just some gmail contacts and they pushed me out the door. well i went back and used the cellebrite tried 6800 -pre and nothing. then they said they had luck with 6800 - blackberry - pre. now i have almost all of them, still missing about 100 contacts in random order. I just want the contacts from my 6800 to be on the pre.... THATS IT!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxGator View Post
    1. It appears that once you go to the gmail inbox you can't get back to the main screen.

2. Really hard to one hand operate while charging since usb is on the side.
    I have 3 email accounts - Exchange, POP and GMail. All 3 will go back to the "main scree" with a right to left swipe in the gesture area. By main page, are you referring to the main page that opens with the app? That's what I am referring to.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    How about browsing contacts on global exchange address book? Anyone tried this?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    if i set an alarm (like a daily wake up alarm) the pre puts that alarm in the notification area everytime i unlock the phone. this should not be the default behavior.

the alarm can only be set in 5 minute increments? lame...

and the final nail in the coffin, when the alarm goes off the first thing you have to do is enter your lock code to turn it off...cmon guys what is that all about? i'm lucky i can find my phone at 4:30am much less fumble my lock code into the device (you're definitely awake by time you do though)

please fix the alarm app palm!
    I made a separate thread for this, but it probably should go here.

I've got a Google Calendar for the baseball team I like. (Hint, every MLB team has an iCal link which can be imported into Google Calendar: click on your team name here, go and then pick downloadable calendar from the left side bar, and copy the iCal link to Google's public calendar import.)

Obviously, the games are always at the same time, so that never changes, but on Google, they're updated with the score during and after the game. This changes in both the Event Name and in the description. However, the Pre just totally ignores any changes there.

I'm not sure if that's a bug or by design, but it needs to be fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by dohcrx View Post
    if i set an alarm (like a daily wake up alarm) the pre puts that alarm in the notification area everytime i unlock the phone. this should not be the default behavior.!
    No it doesn't. Tap on the alarm icon, it'll show the slightly larger notification, and toss it off the side of the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeckieGirl40 View Post
    I am wondering did everyone do their updates or is this a common problem? It seem they would have and will fix it soon. I am glad I waited a bit.
    Yes, the update was one of the first things I did when I got home from the Sprint store on Saturday. I also check for upgrades every day even though they get pushed to the phone - I just keep hoping!

Thankfully, one of my issues seems to be solved! I decided to try turning off the alert-when-screen-off feature, close the card, open another card and do something in it, close that card, open the preferences card again, and turn the feature back on. Today when the screen was off, I got an alert when an e-mail came in (to the acc't I use PUSH on)! I was surprised, but am very happy it is working.

I'm loving this phone! (Especially since I just hooked it up with iTunes to put music on it - love that and love the features of the music program, like giving you an alert of which song just started playing when the music is playing in the background.) I just need the Inbox sub-folders to automatically fetch mail at the given time and alert me when mail comes into them. This is a vital feature since I use server-side filtering for certain types of e-mails to go in certain folders on several of my e-mail acc'ts.
    lets you search just fine
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    I should be able to erase my Palm profile.

I understand I made the mistake but it shouldn't be something that can't be fixed. User error should ALWAYS be fixable...
    I have the same problem, you can remove every calendar *BUT* the Palm Profile one. It's definately a bug. I just needed to do the DTA/Palm Profile thing for contacts and it went and duplicated my calendar.

Palm: Please let us delete the Palm Profile Calendar asap - Its very annoying.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Yeah, I have the same leakage.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I copied my Calendar events to the Pre from Palm Desktop using DTA. Some of those calendar events now show up on the wrong day on the Pre. My Pre calendar is now pretty chaotic.

Examples:
    1. I have a weekly repeating all-day event. On Palm Desktop it occurs every Tuesday. On the Pre it has been moved to every Monday.
    2. On Palm Desktop I have a repeating event which occurs weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays. On the Pre in Day/Week/Month views it appears on Mondays and Wednesdays. Here's a smoking gun: if you tap down a couple levels into its details, down where the Custom Weekly Repeat is specified, it's still listed on Tuesdays and Thursdays ("Tu" and "Th" checkboxes checked)!
    3. Many if not all of my annual repeating events (e.g. birthdays) have been moved one day earlier.
    4. In Palm Desktop I have a yearly repeating event which occurs on the second Saturday of December. On the Pre it appears on the second Saturday of *every* month.

Not every event is wrong, which ironically makes matters worse because I don't know which events to trust.

I can't reproduce it by creating new events; new events I create show up correctly.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    No it doesn't. Tap on the alarm icon, it'll show the slightly larger notification, and toss it off the side of the screen.
    For me whenever I unlock the phone it shows the larger notification (in this case a bell picture on the left with a [2] then the alarm name and time on the right)

I cannot seem to drag it off the screen and when I go somewhere else the small alarm notification remains in the lower right corner.

Am I missing something here?
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Moving the 'I' thing for text entry by touching the screen isn't very accurate and I find it difficult to get it in the spot I need it to be to edit text. Is it user error or does the software need to be improved to help it recognize where I'm trying to put it. It is especially difficult at the edge of the screen or edge of the text entry box.

Hold the Orange key with your left thumb and with your right thumb on the screen (anywhere) scroll left and right. This will move the cursor character by character; its very accurate.