Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    I am having calendar issues.

I have a number of birthdays and other such yearly-repeating events listed as all-day events. They were entered on my Google calendar. I see them on the Pre's calendar...sometimes.

I was paging through the calendar day-by-day and noticed that several were missing...yet each time that I switched to "week view", I could see an all-day event on the day that I just scrolled by without any events. I'd click the day on the week view and the Pre would switch to the day view and *then* I would see it. If I page day-by-day to the next day that has an all-day event, I have at most a 50% chance of seeing the event on the calendar...but if I screw with switching the "calendars displayed" drop-down list from "all" to something else and then back to "all", it then shows up. Same thing with switching to week view and drilling back into day view.

This situation is really unacceptable. I'm not asking for the world. I would just like reliable display of the day's events as I page day-by-day. The phone has plenty of time to retrieve the dang calendar events since it takes about ten times longer than my Treo to switch days on the calendar.

Another calendar annoyance/bug: reminders don't synch with google.

cheers,
    Steve
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    The calendar is wayy too slow for me. It takes too long to open and takes days to switch days.

I also really wish there was an "agenda" view.
    Am I the only one with a dead spot on my screen that goes from top to bottom that doesnt register any taps?? super big spot at the bottom to...Should i call sprint for a replacement?
    Last edited by egreenwood1; 06/07/2009 at 08:12 PM. Reason: added
  4.    #204  
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    #16 is a feature, not a bug.

Some feature list -- fairly official, as I recall -- described the Ringer Switch as muting all sounds except for music and video, unlike previous Palm Treos. And considering those are activated intentionally it shouldn't be too big of a deal.
    Thanks. I'll note that in the list. I want to leave it there, to call people's attention to it. Most Palm users will expect the mute switch to mute everything, I think, like former Palm smartphones.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by starkillers View Post
    When the pre screen is off and a call comes in it only allows you to answer the call by swiping up it does not give you the option to ignore the call or ignore with a text. You can however just tap the volume button and it mutes the ringer. When the screen is on and a phone call comes in it does give you an ignore button. Is there a way to allow it to ignore or ignore with a text when the screen is off?
    You can ignore an incoming call when the screen is off by double-clicking the power button on the top corner.

I don't think there's a way to ignore with text anymore.
    When using the mobile version of Google Reader I've been having problems with nothing showing up on the page even when I scroll up or down. The only way to get anything to show up is to turn the phone so the screen will rotate. It only seems to happen when I use "mark all read".

Anyone else having or able to replicate this issue.
    ok yesterday the gf threw a lil beer can insulator thingy and it hit my pre and the screen went black, not off though. but the device was basically off had to restart.
    now i jsut noticed if i close it hard enough it'll do the same thing.... anyone else?
  8.    #208  
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkMoar View Post
    ok yesterday the gf threw a lil beer can insulator thingy and it hit my pre and the screen went black, not off though. but the device was basically off had to restart.
    now i jsut noticed if i close it hard enough it'll do the same thing.... anyone else?
    Yep, the open/close problem is on the list.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    is anyone having an issue with youtube? it wont let me search for videos i type what i want to search, but i cant press to start searching..... anyone??
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    Sorry if this has been posted already. I just got off the phone with Sprint and they could not access contacts through Sprint Nav either. A forum member confirmed it as well.

Until a fix one must enter addresses manually.
    Sprint Nav works with contacts for me. Select "Drive To" then "Contact" and it brings up a searchable list of all my contacts. It also works in "Map & Traffic" if you select the icon in the bottom right corner.
    I am almost on my 3rd Pre...I say almost because I have to pick it up tomorrow at the Sprint store. I had the following problems:
    1st Pre: Dead pixels
    2nd Pre: A blinking/dead/sleep screen. When on a call the the screen would flicker and sometimes just go completely black. This is problematic b/c you can't do all the things you're supposed to be able to do while on a call. Also, you can't hang up a call b/c you can't 'catch' the screen to hit the disconnect button. At first I thought the flickering/black screen was a feature to save battery life when the phone was up to your ear but I quickly dismissed that. I have video of it but I made the video using my Centro and it was deactivated once I got the Pre...don't know how to get it off...
    3rd Pre: We'll see...
    Quote Originally Posted by adstads View Post
    Sprint Nav works with contacts for me. Select "Drive To" then "Contact" and it brings up a searchable list of all my contacts. It also works in "Map & Traffic" if you select the icon in the bottom right corner.
    Hmmm, weird, it's not working for me either. You sure those aren't contacts that you entered in on the Sprint Navigation site?

Edit: Never mind, the stuff from the site is "Favorites."
    Tonylmiller,

Thanks for maintaining this list.

I noticed that bug items 8 and 12 are identicals. You may wish to replace the description of 12 with something like "Duplicate description removed. See bug number 8", in case anyone has referenced one or the other. That would also prevent a renumbering situation.

I'm testing another bug very similar to (or the same as, just with additional parameters) number 11, but, I have more testing to do. While I was looking through the bug list to not submit a duplicate, I found the 8 & 12 duplicates. I'm not ready to submit my additional/updated/new information regard bug 11, but, I didn't want to forget telling you about the duplicates.
    Working smoke detectors save lives.
    Yes, you have dead pixels. I had the same thing and returned my phone to Sprint.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preGirl View Post
    I am almost on my 3rd Pre...I say almost because I have to pick it up tomorrow at the Sprint store. I had the following problems:
    1st Pre: Dead pixels
    2nd Pre: A blinking/dead/sleep screen. When on a call the the screen would flicker and sometimes just go completely black. This is problematic b/c you can't do all the things you're supposed to be able to do while on a call. Also, you can't hang up a call b/c you can't 'catch' the screen to hit the disconnect button. At first I thought the flickering/black screen was a feature to save battery life when the phone was up to your ear but I quickly dismissed that. I have video of it but I made the video using my Centro and it was deactivated once I got the Pre...don't know how to get it off...
    3rd Pre: We'll see...
    Got 2 PREs, one for myself and one for the Mrs. My wife was experiencing similar problem. Then I noticed she still had the clear plastic film/protector that came with the phone adhered to her screen. I took it off and instantly the problem went away. I put it back on and the problem came back. Seems the sensor that blanks the screen out when you hold the phone to your face gets triggered by the film.

Did you ever peel off the protective film?
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Does anyone know if you can change the notification for text messages? Currently, it is just a slight noise that is sort of low. My Centro's text messaging notification was much better.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Yeah the vibrate is weak, and notifications are lame
    There are weird bugs in the syncing between the PRE and Google Calendar. At first I thought none of my Google Calendar events were synced since I didn't see them at all in my PRE Calendar, but today I noticed that it listed my wife's B-day as an event...but my wife's B-day was yesterday and it showed it correctly on Google Calendar. So it seems that when it synced it moved all my events 1 day forward and that's why I didn't see them the first time. Also...the events don't show up on the Monthly view...only weekly. To get everything working right...I deleted each event on my PRE and recreated them on the correct date....and then synced everything and now it all shows up correctly. A bit of jumping through hoops to get it all working right...but at least it is possible.

So if you don't see your events...try switching to weekly view...and check the date after the event to see it if was erroneously placed there.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Not sure if this has been mentioned, and if someone is bored enough to test this, be my guest, but the phone will lock up if you have the Photos app open, connect the USB cord and select the USB option, and upload some photos. When you disconnect the USB drive, the Photos app will look like it's trying to refresh and then the phone will tell you that you have too many cards open, regardless as to how many cards you actually have open. Then it will reboot a few times before being able to start up again, but it'll be hella slow and you'll have the too many cards open error. I had to do the SMS erase from the Palm Support site to get back to an operating state both times.
    Wow, already all this? Good thing I can't get my full upgrade discount til August! Hopefully most of the bugs will be fixed by then.