Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Got my pre (3rd in line at the store I went to this AM) but now that it's home I'm having a problem connecting to my home wireless network.

I have a strong (randomly generated) password and there are a couple of characters (like backquotes) that I can't figure out how to type on the pre. I can copy it to the pre clipboard, but paste doesn't seem to work into the "enter password" dialog box. I can C/P between email/memos, just not into the wifi app.

Also is the shortcut center-button C/V? Hitting center minimizes the app to a card... am I missing something?
    There isn't anything in the SYM button on the keyboard?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Lots of stuff in SYM, just no [`] key...
    You sure??? Double check
    I see a backquote on top row of SYM menu.
    Quote Originally Posted by kmitchell View Post
    Lots of stuff in SYM, just no [`] key...
    I understand you wanting to protect your WiFi with a password. Why don't you just change the password? A 10 to 12 letter alphanumeric password isn't going to get cracked.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Right now my biggest complaint with changing the key is having to change all the devices that already have it entered... I also wouldn't bet a 10-12 char alphanum key against a rainbow table

My top line of SYM is:

~- \ [bullet] [div] ^

Wondering if I'm missing something obvious...?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    RTFM???? Maybe...??
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    I also wouldn't bet a 10-12 char alphanum key against a rainbow table ...
    ...nor would I, but I thought you were talking about your home network and not the WiFi at Fort Knox.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Another idea is to send the password in an email and cut-paste it in.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    @akula34: Thanks for the suggestion, sarcastic or otherwise. After re-reading the guides in the box cover-to-cover AGAIN, I *finally* noticed the URL for the complete user guide at sprint.com

I *still* can't find a way to manually enter the symbol [`] but I now understand that the (()) symbol for (())V to paste is the gesture area and not the center button. With the shortcut, I was able to paste into the input field and now at least palandri can't hack my wifi

Still think it's a bug that the paste pull-down doesn't work, and no idea how to enter backquotes, but I don't expect that to come up too often.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    @NM08SRT8 and @Kyusaku,

Once I got wifi enabled, I was able to update to 1.0.2 and *now* there is a [`] in SYM
    @NM08SRT8 and @Kyusaku,

Once I got wifi enabled, I was able to update to 1.0.2 and *now* there is a [`] in SYM
    Oh, hmmm. I guess in original firmware it wasn't there?

My device came with 1.0.2 so I was clueless on this issue. thanks for the heads up though.