Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    1 reset for me. I had already updated to webOS 1.2. I was just trying out the muysic player and bang
    PALM!
    I assume you mean WebOS 1.0.2
    Something about when I open the keyboard...it crashes......gonna do a full reset...

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    OP, edit your first post and make this a poll. Options should be

Phone crashed with webOS 1.0.1
    Phone works fine with webos 1.0.1

Phone crashed with webOS 1.0.2
    Phone works fine with webOS 1.0.2
    Last edited by NM08SRT8; 06/06/2009 at 02:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    OP, edit your first post and make this a poll. Options should be

Phone crashed with webOS 1.0
    Phone works fine with webos 1.0

Phone crashed with webOS 1.0.2
    Phone works fine with webOS 1.0.2
    Nobody has 1.0, they either have 1.0.1 or 1.0.2, I believe.
  5. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I've had a few program hangs that couldn't be resolved by closing the application. I'm going to update to 1.0.2 here in a bit after my battery charges a little more.
    I have a non responsive touch screen worked fine in the store and now the screen is flashing the symbols menu over and over. I have no clue, I think I am just going to take it back and get a new one on the next shipment. But it is a big downer for me.
    ^ Does taking the battery out, popping it back in and restarting the phone work?

I don't have one, but any time something got stuck on my other phones, I did that.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    My phone has crashed twice while attempting to send an MMS message... If it's in the middle of sending out an MMS, and you close the lid, the screen freaks out and then appears black, until it resets itself...

Quite frustrating I must say.. And yes I did the 1.0.2 update.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    ^ Does taking the battery out, popping it back in and restarting the phone work?

I don't have one, but any time something got stuck on my other phones, I did that.
    Taking the battery out to restart is no longer recommended, FYI. You should use the "Reset Options" in "Device Info" or hold the power button down and slide the ringer switch back and forth 3 times.
    Been using the crap out of mine for past 5 hours. Zero issues. Have .2 update in.
    If you are having problems when closing the slider, you might wnt to exchange ur phone. There is a connector between the two halves of the phone and yours could be defective.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Taking the battery out to restart is no longer recommended, FYI. You should use the "Reset Options" in "Device Info" or hold the power button down and slide the ringer switch back and forth 3 times.
    I thought he said the screen won't respond, so I assume the first one won't work. The second perhaps.

What happens when you pop the battery out? Something wonky happens to your data? I never had a problem though, on other phones. Sometimes I've had to "force power off" the phone also.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I thought he said the screen won't respond, so I assume the first one won't work. The second perhaps.

What happens when you pop the battery out? Something wonky happens to your data? I never had a problem though, on other phones. Sometimes I've had to "force power off" the phone also.
    I have no idea, people are reporting they've done it with no issue, but I've heard it mentioned a bunch here and someone at the Sprint store I was at mentioned it as well. I just wouldn't risk it myself, just in case.
    No crashes here. Rock solid stable
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Nobody has 1.0, they either have 1.0.1 or 1.0.2, I believe.
    Ah, thanks for that. I don't have one yet so I wasn't sure.
    Just though I'd say hi to old ChatterEmail users; I see a bunch of them just in this thread! I hope all's well with you all!

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    I have had this thing less than an hour and its already crashed 5 times, 3 of them just from opening the browser. This is definitely a 1.0 device and discouraging.

crashed 4 times in 4 hours for me so I returned it to bestbuy.

1st time - listening to pandora and sending a txt; frozen
    2nd time - loading my gmail accounts; locked up
    3rd time - on the phone and trying to use the OS; halted the OS but conversation continued
    4th time - downloaded linked in and updated my contacts - locked up again

Each time I had to remove the battery. I wanted to love this device so bad, but kinda hard to do so under the circumstances.
    No crashes here.
    how often does it crash when you open the keyboard? has it happened more than once?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter View Post
    Just though I'd say hi to old ChatterEmail users; I see a bunch of them just in this thread! I hope all's well with you all!
    So, now that you're posting here and the device is out, can you share what functionality it was exactly that you worked on?

I'd assume the email client.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast