1.    #1  
    OK, so I also got the touchstone charger and I feel kind of silly because I'm sitting at home and can't figure out how to get the back cover off the phone to change it to the touchstone one. There is a diagram but when I try what I do in the diagram it doesnt work and I dont want to break my phone! lol

Anyone that has tried this have any suggestions?
    call me stupid too..same problem here.
    You're suppused to run your finger nail around the sides between the phone and the back cover. Dieter demos it in one of his review videos I believe, and for a fact in the webcast video he did yesterday.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    call me stupid too..same problem here.
    Well at least it isn't just me. I really don't want to risk breaking this thing on the first day.
    Shame on all of you! :P PreCentral.net made sure they got your back. How to video below.

Advance to 1:15 to see the instructions. Before that is just talking about the Touchstone.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    You're suppused to run your finger nail around the sides between the phone and the back cover. Dieter demos it in one of his review videos I believe, and for a fact in the webcast video he did yesterday.
    Alright maybe I'll look for that, thanks, though I'm a chronic nail biter and don't really have any nails left, doh!
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    i just had the same problem..... after 5 mins i finally got it off carefully. Make sure to press the button on the bottom the entire time you are sliding your fingernail or pocket knife around the edges. If you are doing it properly you should see a tiny opening on one side first then make your way to the other. It is kinda of a pain in the **** tho.
    got it! thanks!
  9.    #9  
    Alright, finally go it after watching the video, thanks everyone! Not the easiest process for cover removal for sure.
    Agree so don't feel stupid - it wasn't easy. But with a little effort it popped off finally. Charging on my touchstone right now while installing webOS 1.0.2.
    did your stores say to *not* take out the battery because it will dump your info? That's what they were telling everyone at our store as we purchased.
    Quote Originally Posted by coney27 View Post
    i just had the same problem..... after 5 mins i finally got it off carefully. Make sure to press the button on the bottom the entire time you are sliding your fingernail or pocket knife around the edges. If you are doing it properly you should see a tiny opening on one side first then make your way to the other. It is kinda of a pain in the **** tho.
    +1

When I went through activation they had to restart mine. Rep made a point of showing me there is a release latch.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvey View Post
    did your stores say to *not* take out the battery because it will dump your info? That's what they were telling everyone at our store as we purchased.
    I find that hard to believe. I say don't set up the phone too much, rip that thing out and see what happens.
    I was petrifieed I was breaking the thing when I was pulling the cover off.

Not such great design decisions there
    I'm an *****, I have the hardest time with this. The Sprint rep was totally clueless about it too. Luckily there was a Palm rep at the store, but I didn't get to see him do, just got it open for the rep. =( I will have to look for Dieter's vid.
    Don't let it consume you too much. More than likely, you won't be under that battery door but more than a hand full of times. Also, all it'll take is just practice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    I'm an *****, I have the hardest time with this. The Sprint rep was totally clueless about it too. Luckily there was a Palm rep at the store, but I didn't get to see him do, just got it open for the rep. =( I will have to look for Dieter's vid.
    I posted the link above...
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    It is a tedious process the first time for sure as I have just experienced. But subsequent times shouldnt be too bad. I'm not planning on taking that sucker off very frequently though, that is for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    I posted the link above...
    Yeah I noticed after I posted, thanks, helped a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    It is a tedious process the first time for sure as I have just experienced. But subsequent times shouldnt be too bad. I'm not planning on taking that sucker off very frequently though, that is for sure.
    Yeah, it's not exactly a delicate process. I agree that probably won't open it too much afterwards. It's just good to know how to do it.
    Sad I had to read this too. But thanks.