1.    #1  
    I was one of the lucky ones who got a Pre last night, at the NYC West Village Pre launch party. They had some issues setting me up, took about 30 minutes, but from there everything was fine.

I updated the firmware this morning, no issues.

I downloaded my first applications (Classic), and will soon begin testing my old Palm programs).

I plugged it into my Mac OS 10.5, and was able to see it appear as an Ipod, and synced my music. I did not update iTunes with latest software, but even that should work.

I downloaded the data migration assistant. The only issue I've seen so far is that my phone did not appear as a USB device when I tried to migrate data, even though it worked fine last night while transfering music. I unplugged/plugged in usb cable, restarted Pre, and fiddled with Pre/USB connection (the cover sort of blocks the cable, bad design). I finally stopped the transfer program. One of those steps worked.

So pretty soon all my old contacts and datebook entrees (going back to my Visor Pro) will be available.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    please try to see if chatteremail works in classic (just to test)
    no point in using Chattermail now. The Pre supports IMAP push out of the box.