Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Had the update when my phone was crashing. I did a reset and the phones been working fine since. Even tried to crash it and it didn't happen
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I love how people complain of crashes while making no mention of upgrading the FW to 1.02.
    mine was updated out of the box and have had several crashes. seems to be centered on opening or closing the keyboard... phone turns off.

i'm able though to hit the power button and it does its 'windows like' 3 minute warm up and turn on.

ooh, it just did it again
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    yeah, hey, people that are having issues, update to 1.02. It is more stable! I've had 0 problems since getting my phone on Friday @ 7 PM!
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyoshisan View Post
    mine was updated out of the box and have had several crashes. seems to be centered on opening or closing the keyboard... phone turns off.

i'm able though to hit the power button and it does its 'windows like' 3 minute warm up and turn on.

ooh, it just did it again
    reset your phone then....the medium reset...then full if you are still having problems...come back when it crashes.
    No crashes yet for me after about 5 hours of use
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Mine crashed today repeatedly using the manual found at:
    http://www.sprint.com/cdma/assets/pd...pre_100_ug.pdf that someone posted.

I had to pull the battery 2x. Phone was a lot peppier after the pull and the battery door a lot easier to get off using Dieters slide your nail along the sides tip but the crash for me with that is reproducible using the Pdf. I have to try other pdfs but so far that is the story.
    Mine locked up reading the Palm Pre PDF manual that I loaded into the download folder.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Mine also locked reading the same pdf file from a google attachment. I had to pull the battery, and haven't attempted to try reading the pdf again.
    Going on almost 72 hours and no crashes........
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Just had my first crash when I closed the keyboard after a phone call. There definitely seems to be a keyboard closing bug. Mine did reboot itself though.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Mines froze when I went to slide open the case. I had it set to Simple Pin and it wasn't responsive at all. I did a battery pull and it rebooted and still having the same issue, no touch response. Only thing I can do is press the power button to turn on and off the screen.

Going to try another battery pull since I can get past the Simple Pin without touch. (Tried holding down Orange and using number keys but only the "0/@" key would work that way and not every time. Weird.)

(Using 1.0.2 by-the-way)

[Update]

Yikes, so I managed to double tap each number key until I got the pin in. Then the OS seems to be acting like some key is being contently pressed. Still no touch sense. Might be the 1 key that seems to be stuck since it tried to call voice mail. Having a hard time getting it back to the apps screen or anywhere.

I'm thinking that with Simple Pin activated and having the sliding door bug that it really funks up the OS. Going to see if I can navigate to turn of the Simple Pin some how via keyboard.

[Update]

Well I'm in the OS but only the keyboard works. I can use Synergy to find things but not able to select anything. Anyone know a keyboard way to select from Synergy search? Or maybe a way to reset/turn on the touch functionality? (No working gesture area either)

[Update]

Argg... 3 reboots later still same situation. This is annoying. Anyone come across this yet?
    Last edited by Hoffs; 06/10/2009 at 10:11 AM.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    not sure if this would be considered a crash...but yesterday it froze up...
    i was taking pics, reviewing them, and sending text.
    it stopped responding to my taps, so i did a soft reboot.

i'm not alarmed...but if it happens again, i will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stay Suh View Post
    not sure if this would be considered a crash...but yesterday it froze up...
    i was taking pics, reviewing them, and sending text.
    it stopped responding to my taps, so i did a soft reboot.

i'm not alarmed...but if it happens again, i will be.
    one more time- what is the soft reboot again?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123