Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    With the numbers of people lining up at the moment I think there could be a decent number of people who miss out today, hate to say it but think it might just happen.

Did you wait this long only to miss out on the Pre?
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I will be missing out, at least until july 1st when my contract expires. =/
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    i'm ordering it via telephone..
    i can wait 2-3 days until tuesday (free overnight shipping).

less hassle than dealing with the clueless (and sometime rude) people that usually work at sprint store. (especially the in-direct stores)!
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rs4ftw View Post
    i'm ordering it via telephone..
    i can wait 2-3 days until tuesday (free overnight shipping).

less hassle than dealing with the clueless (and sometime rude) people that usually work at sprint store. (especially the in-direct stores)!
    Did you miss this: Pre Not Available from Sprint via Web or Telesales at Launch?
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    With the numbers of people lining up at the moment I think there could be a decent number of people who miss out today, hate to say it but think it might just happen.
    Based on what? I'd say that based on the line reports then this launch is a dud because it's 8:30EST and I don't see anyone indicating a sellout or even a crowd. And that includes the Best Buys.

But who knows. If you missed out then report it in so people will know if it's really necessary to get out early or just sleep in.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I know it's going to be a massive mix with store stock numbers and demand but I did this because of like this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Larson View Post
    30 people in line at the Greenfild store! 7:35am
    Reckon its going to happen here or there.
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    Pre Not Available from Sprint via Web or Telesales at Launch
    Correct, but...

We are a corporate customer, but a third party handles our Sprint account, so I ordered over the phone yesterday (two Pres, plus Touchstones and accessories).
    They are overnighting them to me on Monday, so by Tuesday, I will be playing with them.

Too bad Telesales can't do the same thing. It would have saved a lot of people the hassle of going to a store and potentially waiting in line for a long time in the busier markets.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Did anyone miss out? I guess not...
    Sprint stores a cross the USA are selling out of the Pre.

Sprint stores sell out of Palm Pre stock, no resupply for a week!
    I saw about five people turned away at my store this morning. The store had 37 Pre to sell (40 total, with 3 held back for replacements). I was #14. #37 got his, but he wanted two and added his name to a list for the second one. The store was allowing up to 5 per person.

Just before I was invited in to buy mine, I saw a small group of people who were disappointed when the manager gave them the bad news and added them to the callback list as well. I was the second group in (they were taking 8 at a time), and so I didn't see anything beyond about 9:15am.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I did. I was trying to get one at a Best Buy since I have enough gift certificates to get it for free. Got to the first one a little too late - I was 10th in line and they only had 8. I went to another one and was first in line. I walked right up to the register at 10 AM just to hear that they had handed out 3 tickets for Pres at 9 AM and they were selling to no one else. I was really annoyed since I waited there 30 mins and no one told me that. I went to yet another but they were sold out too.

After that I gave up and went to a Sprint store. They were sold out and put me on a wait list. I called around the area and this entire district (Orange County) is sold out. Today's just been really disappointing...at least I got to play with a demo unit though.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    A friend of mine and I waited outside our local 3rd party Sprint Retailer for a while. He got there at like 4am and I arrived around 8:10am. Store didn't open until 10am. We walked in and asked them if they had any Pre's. They said this insane quote "It doesn't come out today." after staring at her for 2 minutes in awkward silence we said "Yes, it came out today, FOR SURE" then she said "They are available for stores to order today, but no one is selling them today". We just looked at her in disgust and walked out. We will be waking up early and making a 3 hour trip to a larger city to buy a Pre there tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I went to 5 Sprint stores and 4 Best Buys...all gone...That was 20 minutes after opening...
    missing out til WWDC09
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ultima301 View Post
    Got to the first one a little too late - I was 10th in line and they only had 8.

I went to another one and was first in line. I walked right up to the register at 10 AM just to hear that they had handed out 3 tickets for Pres at 9 AM and they were selling to no one else. I was really annoyed since I waited there 30 mins and no one told me that. I went to yet another but they were sold out too.

After that I gave up and went to a Sprint store. They were sold out and put me on a wait list. I called around the area and this entire district (Orange County) is sold out. Today's just been really disappointing...at least I got to play with a demo unit though.
    Does anyone know a store that is close or close-ish to Orange County that still has Pres left?
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegsta View Post
    A friend of mine and I waited outside our local 3rd party Sprint Retailer for a while. He got there at like 4am and I arrived around 8:10am. Store didn't open until 10am.

We walked in and asked them if they had any Pre's. They said this insane quote "It doesn't come out today." after staring at her for 2 minutes in awkward silence we said "Yes, it came out today, FOR SURE" then she said "They are available for stores to order today, but no one is selling them today". We just looked at her in disgust and walked out. We will be waking up early and making a 3 hour trip to a larger city to buy a Pre there tomorrow.
    That really sucks, I wonder whether they missed out because they had very low sales volume and didn't request any..?
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    I live in Arlington TX, walked into a corp store this morning near the Parks Mall at 9:30 and got the Pre plus the Touchstone charger. I was told they had 120 in stock. They were handing out a "golden ticket" to those wanting a phone and mine was like #21. The store opened at 8am so it had been selling for about 90 minutes before I got there.

At around 4pm today, I realized that i forgot to get a car charger and went back to the store and looked at the golden ticket fliers and the next numbered was 68. So they didn't seem to be moving at break neck speed or anything. I think if you lived in Arlington TX and wanted one today, you could have gotten easily anytime before 4pm anyway.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegsta View Post
    We walked in and asked them if they had any Pre's. They said this insane quote "It doesn't come out today."
    Lol, I can't believe you guys staked out store that didn't even have them. Didn't it occur to you to go there this past week and figure out how many they were expecting or might be getting?
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    Sprint stores a cross the USA are selling out of the Pre.
    lol, not hard to sell out when there were less than 50 @ almost all the stores
    I had to work today so I couldn't make the launch. I called a 2 stores @ 1pm or so, they said they had sold out two hours earlier and the second store said as far as she knows all of Columbus sold out. The store near me is doing a waiting list, but I have to go in in person to be added, which I can't do until tomorrow.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast