Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    My wife is waiting in line at the store and they have told everyone they CANNOT leave the store without the full on Palm Pre training! Like the people waiting in line for that long are the ones that need this... more Sprint CRAP!
    LOL. Just tell them you already took the online course.
    maybe they just mean that gesture training the pre makes u do after you activate
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gjlowe View Post
    My wife is waiting in line at the store and they have told everyone they CANNOT leave the store without the full on Palm Pre training! Like the people waiting in line for that long are the ones that need this... more Sprint CRAP!
    It mightn't take that long especially if you tell them what you already know. I'm sure once they're confident you're sorted they will be keen to get the next customer in.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Do you have your pre? If yes, then leave.
    Act like you don't speak english.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Guy here said if you got to go then you got to go
    He didn't even open the box for mine!
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Just tell your wife to give em the finger gesture
    To claify, the finger gesture I meant was the flick with thumb and index, not the lone finger.
    My store had a Palm Rep present for training help. But the Sprint rep was like "damn you know more than me" and was not necessary.
    I left without training no problem. The guy was telling me to do it, and I just told him, not, that's okay. Took 10 minutes for him to find the code to give me my 25% off an accessory, but other than that, in and out no problem.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    In the end, the sprint rep was awesome according to my wife, and she did NOT have to sit through training.
    I got mine from a corp store about an hour ago and didnt have to go through any training. He asked but when I declined he didnt push the issue at all. The buying experience was very easy.
    Hanging at the desk, staring at my Pre box. The clueless teenager behind the desk typed in the wrong password on their activation website several times, and the store's account is locked so they can't activate phones until Sprint does a password reset.

Manager has been on hold for 30 minutes, trying to get online. I'm getting ready to scream.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Our rep told us to get the hell out of the store after our phones got activated, and that we could come back at 10am for training if we wanted it
    LOL they gave me mine and I took off after I set it up. She took another customer while I was doing it. I only stayed long enough to make sure the profile was active and I could make calls/text msgs. Training? LOL
    Give the Sprint guys a break...

I am sure they are trying to make sure everyone has a pleasant experience and minimize support calls later when someone is not able to operate their phone (not everyone is tech savvy like the people on these forums).

From what I've heard, it's just a couple of minutes. If you show them that you've got the basics down, I am sure you'll be fine...
    My sprint rep was awesome. Unlike a lot of the reps that I've heard about, he was excited for me and seemed genuine in talking about the Pre and he wasn't thrilled with waiting to use the Pre and said they only got to use it for an hour before.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    I had to leave without training since my phone wouldn't activate, but it did right after I got in the car.... Kinda glad because only half of them even seemed to know what they were talking about and I didn't really need them to tell me anything since I've been on here and most likely know more than they do by now.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast