Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Remember whatever comes to mind first is the true way you feel... Now type away my friends, type away...
    Thank you for letting me into a party I wasn't invited to
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    It'd say damn you for not just letting me order through Telesales.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Thank you for letting me into a party I wasn't invited to
    I like that. True yet funny.

Mine would be, "I saw you with the hookers in Vegas and have pictures so give me the Pre first or else it will be all over geek blogs!"

And if I saw him in person I would say in my best Comic Book Guy voice, "Worst launch ever!"
    Please support tethering!
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    Please support tethering!
    Kev, every fiber in my being says a simple tethering hack will arise soon. My justification for this is that Palm engineers wouldn't let us down. The conversation I imagine between Palm engineers and Sprint is like this...

"We totally locked this phone down so those geeky bastards couldn't do anything that would cost your company money...Snicker..snicker..snicker."
    I will say the Bluetooth is REALLY crippled right now. All you can add is audio devices. I couldn't even add my PC. I couldn't send anything from my Centro.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09

8.    #8  
    I will say the Bluetooth is REALLY crippled right now. All you can add is audio devices. I couldn't even add my PC. I couldn't send anything from my Centro.
    But the tethering hack I saw for the Instinct was through a USB cable. Have you tried that?
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Kev, every fiber in my being says a simple tethering hack will arise soon. My justification for this is that Palm engineers wouldn't let us down. The conversation I imagine between Palm engineers and Sprint is like this...

"We totally locked this phone down so those geeky bastards couldn't do anything that would cost your company money...Snicker..snicker..snicker."
    I dunno man, I hope so!
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Dan,

Your 86th store and Mail in Rebate suck so bad that I'm waiting an extra 2 hours on the sidewalk for Best Buy to open. Also: I plan to milk Sprint for every perk and credit I can finagle out of your outsourced reps. Get ready!
    If you watch the reviews, it only gives you "Media Sync" (which turns out to be a hack that makes the Pre show up as an iPod) "USB Drive" and "Just Charge" Both sync modes turn off all the radios on the phone (CDMA, BT, WiFi).

12.    #12  
    If you watch the reviews, it only gives you "Media Sync" (which turns out to be a hack that makes the Pre show up as an iPod) "USB Drive" and "Just Charge" Both sync modes turn off all the radios on the phone (CDMA, BT, WiFi).
    I know that's why I'm curious if any of those modes will work, have you tried after enabling NAI?
    I know that's why I'm curious if any of those modes will work, have you tried after enabling NAI?
    NAI? Sorry, it's 3 am

14.    #14  
    NAI? Sorry, it's 3 am
    You're telling me you can keep posting posts but something as serious as enabling NAI you are claiming union rules?!?
    You're telling me you can keep posting posts but something as serious as enabling NAI you are claiming union rules?!?
    I'm pretty sure he just doesn't know what you're talking about.
    You're telling me you can keep posting posts
    Posting does not require much brain power for me .

17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I'm pretty sure he just doesn't know what you're talking about.
    Eguy, I would not take that if I were you. I'm sure you do know what you're talking about. I on the other hand am drunk, so all bets are off with me.
  18. enjoyingsilence
    install a tower near my home (insert address here)
    I called retentions yesterday and got an airave for free! But the $4.99 charge is listed on my account for some reason, the guy said they would wave the fees for 24 months. Looks like *2 tomorrow.

That seems really odd. I opened the Bluetooth panel on my Pre and was able to pair with it instantly from my MacBook Pro. In addition, I was then able to select "Pre -> Connect to Network" from the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar and it worked! Wifi was off and nothing else was enabled (or green/connected) in the Mac's Network pref panel.

Then I went out to dinner and came back and tried it again, and got a message that says "Auth Error: Your service account does not allow internet connection sharing. Contact Sprint for help."

So it CAN work, and it DID work on my Pre (with Everything Data Family plan) but evidently only once, or maybe someone saw me tweet about it and said "Hey, we forgot to shut that off on his account" or something. <grin>

Bummer, too, as I had already told me wife who got very excited that she would have connectivity on her MacBook without having to find (and pay for) WiFi service everywhere she goes. She's not going to be happy when I say "uh, well, guess what... not really."

In any case, the Mac is still paired with the Pre so I don't believe you can "only pair with audio devices" as quoted above.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast