1.    #1  
    Say congrats in advance to all of you that happen to get your NEW Palm Pre. I hope that it lives up to the hype, in which I think it already has, based on reviews I've read.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to get myself a Palm Pre at launch. To be completely honest, I only found out about the Pre late February, AFTER I just signed a contract with Sprint through Best Buy Mobile (Online).

So, I know I'm NOT due for an upgrade, not too mention, I think Best Buy Mobile has terms and conditions to where I have to keep my current device (HTC Touch Pro) for 6 months? Is this correct?

I'm not exactly sure, but I remember reading in my terms, if I was to deactivate the phone, I would have to pay full retail for it. I'm just not sure, so if any of you can shed some light on this, please let me know.

Only one question, If I was able to get the phone, do I have to pay full price AND resign a 2 year contract? If so, what's full price? Anyway, congrats once again and enjoy your new toy.

DatBoyByrdİ
    honestly? I dont think that matters.. I've been w/ sprint for 10years so I'm not too sure on Bestbuys policy, but I dont think it'd matter at all.

And if you got the phone and paid full price, no you wouldnt have to sign a new contract.. You can sell your TP and almost pay exactly what all the new customers are paying. So you might want to cinsider that.
  3.    #3  
    You know, I just might try that. I just want to find out Best Buy Mobile's Policy BEFORE I do anything. I wouldn't want to sell my phone and end up getting a bill for my HTC Touch Pro and having to pay full retail, since I deactivated the phone. Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it.

DatBoyByrdİ
    Quote Originally Posted by DatBoyByrd View Post
    You know, I just might try that. I just want to find out Best Buy Mobile's Policy BEFORE I do anything. I wouldn't want to sell my phone and end up getting a bill for my HTC Touch Pro and having to pay full retail, since I deactivated the phone. Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it.

DatBoyByrdİ
    It's not about deactivating the phone as much as it is canceling your service. They need to subsidize the discount on the Touch Pro through the life of your contract. They could care less if you have the phone, as long as you are in your contract. So if you wanted to activate another phone instead to live out your contract, you can. You will, however, pay full price for the new phone (a Pre)
    It is AWESOME you guys. I knew it would be stunning and it is. It has some problems here and there but as a 1.0 product... HOME RUN!

Most of you (I saw that carefully ) will LOVE it!!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  6.    #6  
    @ No Remorse, I appreciate you clearing that up. I was thinking that I should be able to sell my HTC Touch Pro and use that money to go towards getting a Palm Pre, without worrying about receiving a bill from Best Buy Mobile, for deactivating my phone. I WILL be listing this current phone for sale ASAP. I don't mind paying full retail for the Palm Pre. Does anyone know how much is retail if I went into a Sprint store to buy it?

DatBoyByrdİ
    Last edited by DatBoyByrd; 06/06/2009 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Correction in post.
    549.99 at any corp sprint store
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
    549.99 at any corp sprint store
    Thanks man, I appreciate the quick response.

DatBoyByrdİ
    np any time