1.    #1  
    Has anyone that has gotten the pre used their google apps for domain account with Synergy? I need to know it works for contacts and calendars.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolguynet View Post
    Has anyone that has gotten the pre used their google apps for domain account with Synergy? I need to know it works for contacts and calendars.
    I don't see why it wouldn't.
  3.    #3  
    They do operate slightly differently and in the past some services have not been the same (bookmarks, access to picassa, etc.) As they would with an @gmail account.
    They do operate slightly differently and in the past some services have not been the same (bookmarks, access to picassa, etc.) As they would with an @gmail account.
    I have used google apps with my business for the last 8 months. I have yet to run into any major differences. My BB syncs with both my gmail and google apps as if they were the same thing. I know that's different, but I would bet dollars to doughnuts that it will be fine.

If it doesn't I'll be more annoyed with the phone than being wrong on the intarwebz
    Someone asked this in another thread.
    here

My university uses google domain stuff. Had no problems adding an account on the SDK.
    I have entered all the necessary info to IMAP my google apps for domain email and no luck. It just says that it cannot validate account.

Anyone care to post specifics on how they are getting this to work?
    I've done quite a bit of testing and I'm currently on with Palm support (on hold while they escalate my call).

I've done quite a bit of testing and the main problem I'm seeing is getting calendar events *from* the pre to the online google calendar when using google apps for domains (i.e. a *non* @gmail.com domain).

I'll be sure to post again here if I get a solution from Palm.
    ok - finally got a level 2 tech. They are immediately escalating to level 3, since this seems to be a unique problem with apps for domains.

*crosses fingers*
    Here's an update, in case anyone else is dealing with this issue. After being escalated twice, I was told that Palm was aware of some issues with Google apps for domains accounts and that they were working with Google on a solution. I don't know how accurate this is, but as of mid-afternoon (Eastern time) June 9, the rep said they were hoping to have a solution in the next 48 hours. That would mean the 11th (today) - of course, I'm a developer, so I know that "we're hoping to have a solution in the next 48 hours" isn't a commitment to a fix by then. If I get it working, I'll put the solution up here (even if it's "try it again now").
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Thanks kshiflett. I'm really interested in knowing when/if this is resolved. We just started looking into Google apps for domains.
  11.    #11  
    I have three domains hosted by google apps and have had no problems. Email, contacts, and calendars are operating seamlessly.
    It is working for me other than editing contact info on my pre doesnt get updated to my google apps contacts.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyo811 View Post
    I have entered all the necessary info to IMAP my google apps for domain email and no luck. It just says that it cannot validate account.

Anyone care to post specifics on how they are getting this to work?
    i think the trick was to put the calender account first, and the email second.

i think this is what i did and it has worked since.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    If you have a Google Apps account and need to get it to link to your Synergy accounts or if your Google Apps password is not working then the following will get you going.

Google did a mandatory update for its users on Google Apps over the jul 24, 2911 weekend and made it a bit more complicated to link our phones and tablets to our Google Apps accounts. *Google Apps now requires an application specific password for every unique device and software application that you want to allow access to your Google Apps email, contacts and chat data. *The following is required.

Have your Google Apps administrator enable 2-step authorization. *You cannot begin without this step.

Login to your www.google.com/a/domainname and enter your current password

Open up your inbox and select the tiny down arrow to the right of your account name, upper right corner of the screen.

Select - Account Settings

Turn on 2-step verification and go through the entire process. *About 10-15 minutes. *Make sure that you have your SMS enabled cell phone available. *You are going to be getting authorization codes to enter into your browser as you go through this exercise. *Oh, by the way you are going to be authorizing every computer and application every 30 days. *If you decide to add that extra backup cell number make sure it is handy because you will need that password as well.

Once you have logged back in go*back to the Account Settings page and now select Authorizing applications and sites. *Now you will be prompted to enter a descriptive label for your next application. *For example "John Pre Synergy Account." *The device and application does not see this label only you. *

Select Generate Password, a new special purpose password is displayed.

Now open the Preferences and Accounts on your Webos phone or tablet and enter the 16 digit password that was generated above. *Your Synergy account should connect. *Don't quit after the first attempt, just enter it again. *

If it doesn't work enter a new application label like "JohnPre Synergy Account9" and try again.

Remember you are going to authorize your browser and every application that you use to access Google Apps every 30 days.

Good luck and goodnight.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad
    Odd. I put the email address in and the TouchPad automatically worked out it was Google and just worked. I had been using it on my Pre+ too.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenlcroucher View Post
    Odd. I put the email address in and the TouchPad automatically worked out it was Google and just worked. I had been using it on my Pre+ too.
    We are on a corporate fee-based version of Google Apps that just upgraded to "2-Step Verification." If your current password is working fine then you are in good shape. My password worked fine for the last two weeks, and then Monday evening I was locked out. Best,