1.    #1  
    I am going to try to purchase the Pre at the Sprint Store when they open outright for $550. If for some reason they refuse, since they want me to open up a new line of service (commission) could I just go to Best buy, purchase the Pre by adding a new line to my account and canceling/paying the ETF or will they bill me the full $850 retail price when I cancel?

In other words, if I cant purchase the phone at full price at Sprint I would pay $299 + $36 Activation +$200 ETF fee = $535

or

Bestbuy - $199 +$36 Activation +$200 ETF fee = $435

Thanks in advance

BTW, I am NOT selling the phone I just want to use it on my Sprint phone number.

Trying to figure out tomorrow's strategy if the store makes it difficult to purchase the phone without a new line of service.
    I'm thinking the second one since Best Buy doesn't actually have a way to charge you anything, but I may be wrong.
    yeah best buy would be your best bet...
  4.    #4  
    That's what I thought but wanted to make sure. I can sleep easier tonight haha
    Be careful though, I could see Sprint charging you the ETF since you broke their contract IN ADDITION to Best Buy charging you the full retail price since you didn't keep the line active long enough. Know what I mean? Then it would be a $1000+ phone.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    Be careful though, I could see Sprint charging you the ETF since you broke their contract IN ADDITION to Best Buy charging you the full retail price since you didn't keep the line active long enough. Know what I mean? Then it would be a $1000+ phone.

Exactly, thats what I was afraid of in which case I would be safer buying it at Sprint.
    I called today and asked the Sprint Store (Corporate) if I would be able to buy it at $550 without contract, and he said yes but you have to activate it. I said of course, I signed up for service three months ago so I just want the phone on my primary line. Do Sprint corporate stores have to sell me it at full price if I choose to buy it that way or do they have leeway since its a new phone and refuse to unless I purchase a new line of service with the pre?
    Last edited by doodosh; 06/06/2009 at 01:04 AM. Reason: q