Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I have an iPhone currently & will be buying the Pre on a trial basis. I want to hold off on porting my current iPhone number to the Pre until after Monday's WWDC announcement. But I would still like to receive my phone calls on the Pre until then. Does it cost anything to have all my calls on the iPhone forwarded to my new, temporary Sprint number on the Pre? I've never used call forwarding.
    Quote Originally Posted by frjps View Post
    I have an iPhone currently & will be buying the Pre on a trial basis. I want to hold off on porting my current iPhone number to the Pre until after Monday's WWDC announcement. But I would still like to receive my phone calls on the Pre until then. Does it cost anything to have all my calls on the iPhone forwarded to my new, temporary Sprint number on the Pre? I've never used call forwarding.
    Not AT&T, no. Call Forwarding is free. Have fun!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    OK, I just found this on AT&T's web site:

"Call Forwarding is included on all AT&T and former AT&T Wireless rate plans. Forwarded calls are billed airtime from the time the call is answered until it is ended. Each call forwarded may receive, depending on your location, per minute/per call or interconnect charges based on where the call is forwarded. Long Distance charges apply if the call is forwarded to a long distance number. If you are on a former AT&T Wireless rate plan, call forwarding minutes may not apply to your included minutes."

So when it says that "Each call forwarded may receive, depending on your location, per minute/per call or interconnect charges..." what the hell does that mean? Is it free or are you charged???

I have unlimited minutes on my iPhone plan, so that's not an issue. But will I be billed extra for forwarding all calls to my Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by frjps View Post
    OK, I just found this on AT&T's web site:

"Call Forwarding is included on all AT&T and former AT&T Wireless rate plans. Forwarded calls are billed airtime from the time the call is answered until it is ended. Each call forwarded may receive, depending on your location, per minute/per call or interconnect charges based on where the call is forwarded. Long Distance charges apply if the call is forwarded to a long distance number. If you are on a former AT&T Wireless rate plan, call forwarding minutes may not apply to your included minutes."

So when it says that "Each call forwarded may receive, depending on your location, per minute/per call or interconnect charges..." what the hell does that mean? Is it free or are you charged???

I have unlimited minutes on my iPhone plan, so that's not an issue. But will I be billed extra for forwarding all calls to my Pre?
    I wasn't billed extra when I forwarded my calls from my iPhone... I think its just in there as a precaution?
    forwarded calls is like billing twice.. you will be billed for the call to the primary for the length of the call, and the forwarded.. secondary phone..
    make sure you have LOTS or minutes on the primary .. to cover the actual time
  6. enjoyingsilence
    For Sprint Call Forwarding, see here
    Using Call Forwarding

It does cost money for Sprint.