Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    If you rely on the dated Palm Desktop and you use a Mac, only the calendar and contacts are transferred to the Pre, according to these instructions that Palm provides. Memos and To-Dos (tasks) are not transferred.

This may not be an issue for the majority of users, but it will be an issue for some. I use the Palm Tasks program as a life-long list manager, managing everything from books on loan to project ideas. Memos (containing a variety of notes) are easier to keep, as I can just keep them as files on the computer and later find a way to load them as files on the Pre.

The Windows transfer utility apparently preserves to-dos and memos as well, per these instructions (click on "How it works").

I have a Windows laptop I can fire up for installing Palm Desktop. I'll sync my Centro with that and hope all that goes well. It's Vista, and I usually only last 5 minutes on that thing before getting fed up with all the pop-ups.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for transferring everything? Thanks!
    old news........... BUT from what i have found out The MIssing Sync for pre should be out soon and will prolly cover this issue.... (soon as in tomorrow or in the next few days/week or why would palm have a link to the missing sync web site from the migration of data page)
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djdisturbed View Post
    old news........... BUT from what i have found out The MIssing Sync for pre should be out soon and will prolly cover this issue....
    Ugh! I've been haunting these forums for a week and never noticed it.

Thanks for pointing me to The Missing Sync.
    no prob. just keep a watch out for "Mark/Space" to release the pre version of missing sync