1.    #1  
    Ok, I am going to try to get a Pre in the morning but I have plans the rest of the day and will not be able to throw it on a wall charger till that night. Would it be ok to car charge or should I wait to put it on the wall charge?
    It has a Li-ion so yes, you can.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Correct, Li-ion is not supposed to be sensitive in anyway to first charge or "depth" of charge (ie if you empty it fully then charge it, or charge continuously anytime, even if it's only barely drained).

The "charge it for hours before you use it" warning is pretty much like your appendix, it's a vestigial warning statement.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    It has a Li-ion so yes, you can.
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    Correct, Li-ion is not supposed to be sensitive in anyway to first charge or "depth" of charge (ie if you empty it fully then charge it, or charge continuously anytime, even if it's only barely drained).

The "charge it for hours before you use it" warning is pretty much like your appendix, it's a vestigial warning statement.
    Both spot on....

Li-On does not have memory...

Just make sure your car charger is the correct voltage and current. If it's USB, you're fine.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    FYI: Once the Sprint sales person gave me my Pre, I checked the battery; it was at 52%.
    - Fushigi
    I would fully charge it before using it, but the type of charger should not matter.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.