Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    I'm sitting outside BBY right now. I probably could have waited and got one from the Sprint store, but I can't stand MIR.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    i was going to wait til midnight but now i don't know. if you're already camping out it makes me wonder if people are around me too!!
    I'm at BB and no one else is here. There is a major corporate store in same plaza but no one has lined up yet.

Talked to a few employees as they were leaving and only 1 heard of the Pre and said they were guaranteed one (the 'list' says they're getting two).

Also the corporate store closes @ 8 but at 9:50 I drove by to check them out and saw two employees doing setup.
  4. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    LOL @ camping out. C'mon guys...
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    agreed
    Yup, you just don't need to. It is PALM not Apple.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I'm camping on my couch right now......... got mine on hold at my local BBY.... yeah yeah, i know they are not supposed to, but since i have been coming in there for a while now asking about it the manager is holding only one for me and no one else as long as I'm there at 10 when they open no matter what place i'm in in line (but they are not expecting a line right now b/c its such a small town and only a hand full of people have asked about it)
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    I'm sitting outside BBY right now. I probably could have waited and got one from the Sprint store, but I can't stand MIR.
    At least it's not winter! Good luck!!!
    I'm gonna go check out my closest Sprint store in about an hour and see what it looks like then prob again at 4, gonna be there for sure around 6 since thats when they said most of the other customers are planning on showing up.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    For iphone's first launch I walked in the store at 10 PM and they still have plenty. I'm sure Palm will have plenty plus there are way more stores than apple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Yup, you just don't need to. It is PALM not Apple.
    Indeed. Don't sink to that level.

It's still just a phone. Don't become one of those Orwellian Apple bots.

Plus it's a 1st gen product from a re-emerging company. I just think some of this paranoia is overblown. I've decided I'm gonna show up at BB at 10am tomorrow. Bet I get one no problem. If I don't? *shrug* I'll get one next week.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dsjr2006 View Post
    I'm gonna go check out my closest Sprint store in about an hour and see what it looks like then prob again at 4, gonna be there for sure around 6 since thats when they said most of the other customers are planning on showing up.
    I just drove by mine around 10:30est and there were about 5 employees still in store setting up the Pre posters and billboards. There was also a sign that said "Line this way"

My store has 8 registers, not sure how quickly these lines will move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    I've been in line since yesterday and I'm #4 in line... (j/k)
    I am in line (first actually). I expect to be alone for many hours...till about 3 I would bet.

Crazy is a state of mind
    We wants it, we needs it. Must have the PREcious.
    You people are crazy !!!!

BUT seems like a lot of fun if a few folks show up. but most sprint stores will get nobody until 6-7 in the morning. Here in NJ its brutal weather. Thunder / Lightning and Pouring out.
    Why don't you just wake up 3 hours earlier before opening? Just sit in your car or eat at a 24 hour diner
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by cbloom164 View Post
    I am in line (first actually). I expect to be alone for many hours...till about 3 I would bet.

Crazy is a state of mind
    first in line is the best place to be! we can all come on here tomorrow and make fun of the people that waited too long and didn't get one. or we can come on here and get made fun of for being the only one in line for 8 hours. this thing has been hyped up so much who knows what the lines will be like.

it's like the old saying - better safe than sorry.
    Eh, I'm going to show up at like 7-7:30, at a store which had originally been telling people 10am until I mentioned the email and that I'm a Premier customer, and I figure I should be good.

If not, it'll suck a little bit, but after all, it is just a phone... at least that's what I'll be telling myself repeatedly until I get one.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    The BBY here only has 3 Pres and our group (myself, wife and friend) will cover the entire stock, so we had to make sure that we were the first ones.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    The BBY here only has 3 Pres and our group (myself, wife and friend) will cover the entire stock, so we had to make sure that we were the first ones.
    I hope the count is accurate! Who takes the bullet if there are only two available???
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast