Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    OK, I have a Mac & iPhone. I also bought a program called Spanning Sync which syncs my calendar & contacts on the Mac & MobileMe with my Google Account. Unfortunately, the Google Contacts does not include a field for spouses, children, etc. as well as some others. But at least the basics are there. So using the Pre, I will connect to my Google account & have my calendar & contacts sync between my Pre, Google account & MobileMe.

My main question: What about Mac email? Can the Pre get my Mac email? It's IMAP, & I know Google uses IMAP, so I wouldn't think it's a problem, but I don't know what I'll do if it doesn't work. I don't use my Gmail email account, only my Mac email.

Any other issues that Mac users may encounter?
    well, i did a little digging and palm has a link up to Missing Sync (what most palm users used to use with our older palms to work with the mac) in a pre area of the palm web site (hard to find b/c its in the part that you use to put info onto your pre from older phones that they just put up). what that tells me is that missing sync will be releasing a version to work with the pres within the next few days (if not tomorrow) to allow you to sync your pre with your mac over wifi directly. other then that, if the mac email account does not work with pre's imap system then you can make gmail get all your mac mails messages (they have a feature for it to get mail from other places) and use that to push them out to your phone maybe.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    as a fellow mac user I hope this helps

Palm - Start here: Move your info to your webOS™ phone
    I use spannig sync also on my mac but I use gmail. I tried the mobileme but with all the free stuff from google I could not justify it.. I just wish entourage synced like outlook does for the windows based computers. I will know more about working with mac tomorrow, hopefully.. I was super jazzed that it syncs with iTunes, for now. I really do not see any issues because of the cloud and downloading apps via wifi, you really have not interaction between the phone and the computer. I am pretty much a noob so that is my 2 cents..
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    A VP of Public Relations and Marketing for Sprint corporate in Kansas told me several weeks ago that Mark Space will indeed have syncing software (i.e., like their Missing Sync) for the Palm Pre shortly after launch.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    MarkSpace has confirmed this....
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    MarkSpace has confirmed this....
    Thanks. Didn't know that. A week ago they refused to give me an answer on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    A VP of Public Relations and Marketing for Sprint corporate in Kansas told me several weeks ago that Mark Space will indeed have syncing software (i.e., like their Missing Sync) for the Palm Pre shortly after launch.
    Soo.. What are you other mac users going to do? The cloud w/ gmail syncing or the missing sync and why? FWIW I was planning on the cloud..

Nevermind, I just looked at the missing sync page and I think I will go that route once available and use google as a backup..
    Last edited by springsyeti; 06/05/2009 at 10:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by springsyeti View Post
    Soo.. What are you other mac users going to do? The cloud w/ gmail syncing or the missing sync and why? FWIW I was planning on the cloud..

Nevermind, I just looked at the missing sync page and I think I will go that route once available and use google as a backup..
    well, they have not said yet what the missing sync will cover (from what i i been able to find) with the pre. So as of right now I'm doing the Gmail thing and once missing sync comes out i will see if that will be better