1.    #1  
    Just left party with and driving with new pre !! Will post again when I get home
    Dude! Don't text and drive!
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Lets us know what you think of it.
  4.    #4  
    ok so couldnt go straight home... after bringing my gf to the launch she made me bring her out... such was the trade off (im such a dork)..

anyhow plan and simple - this phone is just plain cool. Anyone who doesnt like the pre in a review is just being hateful or an apple fanboy... it runs beautifully and the image is fantastic... yeah the keyboard could be a little better but it is easy to use (im coming form a motorola q) and forget about the sharp edges youre not gunna cut your fingers trust me... anyhow so far so great I wouldnt worry about the negatives out there... so well see how the battery holds up after one good nights charge..

anyhow the launch party itself: kinda funny. velvet ropes with security on guard (with mustaches of course) had to cross off your name and your guest. Then inside they put your name on a list until they had a rep ready for you. Two cowboys players were there just to sign autographs while a bunch of palm reps walked around in business casual attire not saying a whole lot. Nice people but other than that we were just grabbing free drinks from the bar...

the social event of the summer? ehh... but love the phone you really wont be dissapointed...
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I got my Pre at the Dallas (Plano) party too. Dude hooked me up. I got my upgrade credit early, plus rebates, and $50 for my Treo800w. After all is said and done, I will have paid $150 to upgrade my phone. I went at about 10:00, and it was pretty dead. I wasn't registered, but I walked right in and got my Pre.
  6.    #6  
    yeah come 830 when we left it was clearing out quick people just kinda standing around... im sure after 9 they probably would have let anyone in by the looks of it...

thats pretty good they gave you credit for your old phone!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I got my upgrade credit early, plus rebates, and $50 for my Treo800w.
    Early by how many months? I mean when were your 2 years getting up?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bkdude View Post
    Early by how many months? I mean when were your 2 years getting up?
    Since I'm a premier customer, it was a year, and it was up on July 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    Since I'm a premier customer, it was a year, and it was up on July 1.
    Thanks. I am premier customer as well. I see "Wait until 8/1 and save $150 under 'Upgrade this phone'" on my online sprint account. So I will give it a try and see if I can get Pre for $150 as well (will be turning in my Treo800w as well).
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bkdude View Post
    Thanks. I am premier customer as well. I see "Wait until 8/1 and save $150 under 'Upgrade this phone'" on my online sprint account. So I will give it a try and see if I can get Pre for $150 as well (will be turning in my Treo800w as well).
    Yeah, almost my exact same situation. Worked out fine for me. Good luck.