Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    OK, so I crashed the Chicago Launch party and am posting from there ON MY PRE!!! I'll post photos and details when I get home!
    Did you get my PM?......LOL....lucky dog!!!!!
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    *********...i should've tried to crash my party.
    Where was it?

*No I'm not going down there, just curious.* Actually I need some headphones at BB, I wonder if they have a demo yet.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I am at work till 6pm tomorrow. Damn I won't be getting a Pre this weekend by the looks of it.
    Ah man!! You went to 180 Lasalle. I started to just stop buy after work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nells View Post
    I am at work till 6pm tomorrow. Damn I won't be getting a Pre this weekend by the looks of it.
    Are any stores open on Sunday? I'd call to see if there's any left in stock, if so. I think the Broadway store is open on Sundays. Not sure if you're in the actual city though, suburbs could be different.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Are any stores open on Sunday? I'd call to see if there's any left in stock, if so. I think the Broadway store is open on Sundays. Not sure if you're in the actual city though, suburbs could be different.
    I work in the John Handcock Center. I was hoping the BB there that just opened would have some left when I got off, but I'm not counting on it too much. Even if I could go on break I think it would be pretty hard to get one.
    Ms Diva....most corporate stores open Sundays 10am.....go for it. I get mine early tomorrow morning...

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxidasical View Post
    OK, so I crashed the Chicago Launch party and am posting from there ON MY PRE!!! I'll post photos and details when I get home!
    Where at? I walked by the one on LaSalle by Lake street. Thought about crashing it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxidasical View Post
    are you a premier customer? or did you just walk in?
  12.    #12  
    Sorry for the late reply!!! I'm just getting back to a computer....

OK, so I get there and initially received a little hassle from one of the reps because I wasn't "on the list". Another sprint rep (who I believe is the store manager of another branch) asked if I was willing to buy a Pre today. I just grinned and pulled out my MasterCard. He said to the first rep "it's OK" and he let me in. I think they were expecting a huge line, but there was NO ONE standing outside.

I get in and as was immediately greeted by 4 or 5 reps right away. A guy named Carlos actually sold my Pre to me, very nice guy. He let me crack it open and setup the phone myself (I like removing the plastic! - LOL). They were offering 20% off on all accessories. I have a friend at Best Buy that can give me a better deal on the Touchstone, so I passed on that. I did get Palm branded case though.

There were plenty of drinks and h'orderves!!! Matt Forte of the Chicago Bears was present signing autographs. The entire event seemed to be going very well, plenty of happy smiling faces.

As far as the Pre itself...
    I won't give a review because everyone and their grandmother has already done so. I will say that it is EVERYTHING I expected! I was worried that the keyboard would be a bit small, I gave up the Centro a while back for that reason and went with the 755P. That is not the case with the Pre!!! It's smaller than the 755P, but much better than the Centro.

I attached a few photos o the party that I took with the Pre!!!

Also, I'm happy to answer question (as I'll be playing with it the rest of the night)...

MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
  13.    #13  
    Where was it?

*No I'm not going down there, just curious.* Actually I need some headphones at BB, I wonder if they have a demo yet.
    It's at 180 N. LaSalle...going til midnight!

Quote Originally Posted by LurkMoar View Post
    are you a premier customer? or did you just walk in?
    Yep, I'm a Premier customer. They never asked though!
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    Time to get VIRAL
  14. joelpalm
    Hope those pics aren't from the Pre....
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by joelpalm View Post
    Hope those pics aren't from the Pre....
    Actually, they are. I didn't realize how bad they were until I uploaded them. On the Pre they are great.

Then again, cell phone pics generally aren't used at this size. I just shunk them down to a max height/length of 600 px and they look MUCH better.
    Time to get VIRAL
    I must say those pictures are a disappointment. I get better results with my 700P
    Avigo > PalmIII > PalmIIIEX > Visor > Prism > Prism w/Data module > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Pre
  17. joelpalm
    I get better pictures out of my etch-a-sketch
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Yikes.... something wasn't set right then. The other indoor Pre pictures we've seen are WAY better.
    Maybe you still have a piece of plastic protecting the camera lens? I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Nells
    I work in the John Handcock Center.
    Is that really what you call the building you actually work in? Has anybody told you it's the John Hancock Building? The Handcock building is probably in a different part of Chicago altogether!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Maybe you still have a piece of plastic protecting the camera lens? I hope so.

Is that really what you call the building you actually work in? Has anybody told you it's the John Hancock Building? The Handcock building is probably in a different part of Chicago altogether!
    HAHA I didn't notice that. I am typing on my BB Storm. Thanks for that though. I should call it that at work tomorrow and see what happens!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast