Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just heard from my BFF that manages a local corporate store that they had a final conference call this evening and because of all the crying and whining from Premier customers, the were only going let Pre's out of the door to customers with a special reservation e-mail that they were going to send out overnight. Basically, if you're a Premier customer and signed up for early notification you'll get yours first, followed by the current non-Premier customers that signed up, finally by the non-customers. They'll send them out based upon inventory, so you might get an e-mail that you're automatically on a wait list at your closest store if it didn't get enough phones. If few people asked for early notification in your area, they'll sell a number of phones first come first serve, but some stores would no longer have any for sale to 'anyone' tomorrow.

So you better have your reservation e-mail with you when you hit the store tomorrow. Good Luck All!
    Nah.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    BS

I tell you what, if we, the Premier customers, spread enought rumors like this, maybe we can make sure no one shows up early tomorrow.

Come on guys, let it go.
    Well i havent got 1 email yet and I signed up with a few email addresses
    That would be unfair, and would probably **** a lot of people off.
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
    Where are you located?

Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 800W -> Launch Day Pre (RIP 08/13/10) -> Replacement PRE
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo-SC View Post
    If you read this forum, there's a lot of pissed of Premier customers. They're really worried about that.
    hopefully this guy is lying and he'll get a mortal wound from the PRE paper cutter edge.
    My local store just confirmed that I can pick up my pre @ 8:00am instead of normal hours of 10am because I am a premier customer. She clearly stated I do not need to print anything out, but they will be checking the accounts for premier status. Neato! Its a corp. store, and I have not received an email regarding it, but if she is lying I will spill black and yellow blood.
    I am a Premier Customer and still didn't get my email. Almost 9 PM eastern time. Only good thing is I got one waiting for me at a Non Sprint owned store, Sprint the Customer Solution, number 3 on the list. I called tonight and was told mine was already put away.
    Well I got an email today that said I can pick up a Pre at 8 AM and I am not a Sprint customer, I only signed up on the Pre website. If I show up and they only allow Premier customers to purchase at 8 AM, then screw the Pre, I will stick to Verizon. Don't frigging send out emails to people saying they can purchase it at 8 AM if you don't mean it.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    lol...I don't think I would listen to this guy if I were you....just show up in the morning and collect your new phone. Sprint isn't changing the game at the very last second before a big launch like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrcbandit View Post
    Well I got an email today that said I can pick up a Pre at 8 AM and I am not a Sprint customer, I only signed up on the Pre website. If I show up and they only allow Premier customers to purchase at 8 AM, then screw the Pre, I will stick to Verizon. Don't frigging send out emails to people saying they can purchase it at 8 AM if you don't mean it.
    Really? Two hours is that big of a deal? I am not even going to start with your whiney little kid attitude about "loyal" customers getting a two hour "pre-sale" window.
    You know what, show up at 8 and see what happens. All you can do, there's so much FUD out there I don't know what to believe. My store told me to show up early before 8AM first come first serve. I'll be there but if they turn me away or make we wait until 10AM Sprint just lost a long term customer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    Really? Two hours is that big of a deal? I am not even going to start with your whiney little kid attitude about "loyal" customers getting a two hour "pre-sale" window.
    It's a big deal if your only chance to get there before to late is 8AM. Some of us have to work on Saturdays. I can't wait and I wouldn't care if people would just be honest with me. They told me 8AM for everyone, they need to stick with that. Otherwise I agree with the guy who will stick with their current carrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo-SC View Post
    Oh my God, then it actually might be true! It's been their modus operandi all along.
    Called 2 local stores before they closed and they are opening up at 8 and when I asked they said they will only sell to Premeir Customers until 10am as per orders from sprint . Every store seems to be taking a different approach. No body is wrong or leing. Everyone is correct. Some stores will be opening at 8 and ONLY selling to Premier custiomers and some will be opening at 8 and selling to all. Some will open at 10. There is absolutley no standard or unifomrity here. What a mess! Tomorrow is gonna be a huge headache for alot of people.
    Anyone who left an email addy with Sprint got an email telling them stores are open at 8am for Pre sales.
    Premier, non-premier, non-Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    Um excuse you, I am not whining about Premier customers getting a 2 hour window, but I am complaining about how Sprint sent out email to people saying anyone can purchase a phone at 8 AM when that doesn't sound to be true. Some of us actually have obligations and places to be on Saturday, those 2 extra hours are the difference between me being able to pick up a Pre on Saturday and not being able to get one. It is very crappy of Sprint to send out an email misleading potential customers about 8 AM sales if what the OP said is true.

This is not how a company should be launching a product if they want to inspire confidence in new customers. If Sprint is so wishy-washy in their policies regarding the launching of their biggest product in years, it will make people question their reliability in other areas. All it would have taken is for Sprint to clearly lay out their launch plans from the beginning - is that too much to ask? People could then adjust their schedules accordingly, or know beforehand to not bother going and wasting gas/time.
  20.    #20  
    Yes it was a joke, sorry I guess I let it go too long. When I checked the thread after 30 mins, it had 7 reads, and 6 replies calling BS. Now with over 800 reads and 18 posts I guess it blew up while I was watching Potter with the kids.

Anyway, I was so sick of everyone wanting the special Premier treatment and whining about it. I got e-mails to 3 different e-mail addresses after I specifically entered I wasn't a Sprint customer in each request. Guess what, all 3 say I can come buy a Pre at 8:00 AM.

Sprint really can't win here. There's only so many Pre's. They can't build new customers if they sell the entire initial stock to existing customers. To get buzz in the air, they need some new customers as well. I personally think that it's easier to please an upset existing customer later than to have too many potential new customers left walking out the door...they may not come back again.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast