Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by northside View Post
    Edit: I still don't see how AT&T legally gets away with those iPhone commercials showing apps downloading instantly, movie trailers playing instantaneously, etc. That wouldn't even be possible in a lab environment.
    They put small print on the bottom of the screen stating that the sequences were shortened.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I have been an apple guy since the Apple IIgs but i have never been impressed with the iPhone. Been using palms for a long time as well, but never owned a treo untill i got my 700p 2 years ago, all the winmo stuff i used before was awful. Palm is the only way to go, and this coming from an apple fanboy!!!!!!
    I am dumping iphone and ATT tomorrow and I am thrilled.
    Quote Originally Posted by northside View Post
    But they have "the nation's fastest 3G network"!!!!

As long as you're the only person using your iPhone in your metropolitan area at the time.

Edit: I still don't see how AT&T legally gets away with those iPhone commercials showing apps downloading instantly, movie trailers playing instantaneously, etc. That wouldn't even be possible in a lab environment.
    I bought an Apple Itouch just before Palm announced that PRE can ast as a Ipod...anyway....was very impressed with the downloading and immediate use of software titles from their App store and it was fast!!
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Auto-Fail for calling it Itouch.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Apple Shmapple! I'm a huge Mac fan in general but have absolutely ZERO desire to mess with the iPhone. Too much form, not enough substance.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    They put small print on the bottom of the screen stating that the sequences were shortened.
    But the whole message is how fast the phone and network is...it would be like Toyota basing a commercial around the message that "The Toyota Camry does 0-60 in 2.3 seconds", and getting away with it by putting fine print on the screen that says "The Toyota Camry can't actually do this".
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    I bought an Apple Itouch just before Palm announced that PRE can ast as a Ipod...anyway....was very impressed with the downloading and immediate use of software titles from their App store and it was fast!!
    You're on a different AT&T network (or a different Chicago) than I am, my friend.

Maybe it's just the north side of town...all I know is I can hardly make calls on my peon phone, and when my buddy brings around his iPhone he's almost helpless with it.
    If the iPhone Video rumors are true, it will probably get a new camera with HD recording capabilities. (I am guessing 720p/30fps)

With the ability to edit the video on the iPhone sounds really cool.

But the Pre is for me.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Who cares! Its like comparing Apples to Oranges.
    The iPhone will have new features like the 3 megapixel autofocus camera, possible front facing camera, more storage, magnetometer, but what it WON'T have is multitasking.

Copy paste, sure, Push, sure. Multitasking? No. That's what matters.
    Palm III -> Visor Prism -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro

Ev-Do Rev. A Tethered on my TP:
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactusone View Post
    Should I sell my Palm stock?
    I might be looking at RIM's stock (the Blackberry makers) as there stock may take a hit from Palm and Apple. Buy it cheap because RIM is here to stay.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I'm an iPhone 3G user getting the Pre. It is not because AT&T's network is bad. In fact, here in NC it is really great- no problems at all and the download speeds are usually 1.3 to 1.6 MB/s. My reason for getting the Pre is a poor one- I can't help myself- I am an early adopter and bored- need a new toy. Anyone else here share my disease? If so is there any cure short of buying one?
    Thanks, but no thanks.. ATT Network= no way for me...
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    I'm an iPhone 3G user getting the Pre. It is not because AT&T's network is bad. In fact, here in NC it is really great- no problems at all and the download speeds are usually 1.3 to 1.6 MB/s. My reason for getting the Pre is a poor one- I can't help myself- I am an early adopter and bored- need a new toy. Anyone else here share my disease? If so is there any cure short of buying one?
    I am in the same boat as you. I go through phones like crazy.

Heres what it has looked like for me in the past few months.

G1, Curve 8320, Curve 8900, Unlocked Storm, 8900 and iPhone, 8900
    ^ you have too much money. Please donate some to me.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by em.eggers View Post
    I am in the same boat as you. I go through phones like crazy.

Heres what it has looked like for me in the past few months.

G1, Curve 8320, Curve 8900, Unlocked Storm, 8900 and iPhone, 8900
    I thought I had problems! You are seriously in need of counseling. As it stands now my wife and kids just shake their heads every time I head off to get these things. I told them I was not going to get the iPhone 2G come hell or high water, but had to come slinking into the house hiding the phone after getting it the first day. Then, did the same thing with the 3G iPhone after waiting 7 hours in line. Now, I've told them I am absolutely not going to get the Pre tomorrow morning- but they know I can't resist.
    More capacity and a cheaper 4GB iPhone is so not interesting to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    ^ you have too much money. Please donate some to me.
    I recycle mine I end up selling them to friends. I get my money back.

also i work for a wireless company. i love discounts
    Hasn't everyone and their 3rd cousin who wants an iPhone already got one?

If the Palm Pre is all it's cracked up to be and the App Catalog gets off the ground fast I don't think very many Pre owners will be giving them up for whatever Apple comes up with. If the Pre can get some traction I would expect them to come out with regular software updates to add features and stability as well as new and improved models. Basically the iPhone is not the only game in town anymore.....
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast