1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if you can use the PRE as a wireless or tethered modem.

I currently have the 800W and through the forums have learned how to edit my registry and now use Internet Sharing and PAN to connect to my laptop and surf the internet using my unlimited internet access.
    Im sure Sprint hates me because I have bypassed their "Phone as Modem" plan...

Anyhow, I want to do the same with the PRE..Anyone else have any thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactusone View Post
    Does anyone know if you can use the PRE as a wireless or tethered modem.

I currently have the 800W and through the forums have learned how to edit my registry and now use Internet Sharing and PAN to connect to my laptop and surf the internet using my unlimited internet access.
    Im sure Sprint hates me because I have bypassed their "Phone as Modem" plan...

Anyhow, I want to do the same with the PRE..Anyone else have any thoughts.
    You currently cannot tether the Pre but most of us are assuming you'll be able to in the near future via third-party solutions. Also, the Pre does have Bluetooth PAN so you'll be set once that application comes out.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    no they wont be allowing the use of the Pre a tethered modem.
  4.    #4  
    Hmmmmm, I stay at hotels about 16 nights a month and I hate to pay the $12 bucks each time for wireless access.

The hack on the 800W saves me a LOT of money..

This problem alone may be the deal breaker for me...

Anyone want to buy my spot in line..
    I'm sure this will be hacked soon. All the hacks for PAM involved turning on NAI. My suspicion is this could be done using a hash code. All you really need is the MSL number.
  6.    #6  
    This is getting better! Thanks

Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 800W -> Launch Day Pre (RIP 08/13/10) -> Replacement PRE
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactusone View Post
    Hmmmmm, I stay at hotels about 16 nights a month and I hate to pay the $12 bucks each time for wireless access.
    Out of curiosity, what hotel is charging you $12 a night for WiFi?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

8.    #8  
    Royal Lahaina Resort in Maui..Sheraton's, Hilton's..and most all the chains our airline stays at. The lobby area or business center is sometimes free, but in room..you have to pay..

Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 800W -> Launch Day Pre (RIP 08/13/10) -> Replacement PRE