Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Just bought a touchstone and a horizontal case. The case is really nice.
    Is the case the one with the clear face that flips out? It was shown on the Pre sales brochure that leaked last week.
  2.    #42  
    Jacobs is huge. Plus, he seems to be a real nice guy
    How was the setup process start to finish? Did they do all the work or let you take over at some point? How long did it take?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Please pull a Tonya Harding and hit him in the Kneecap with a steel pipe. I and all Redskin fans will be eternally grateful.
    Actually, it's called a Galooley, not a Tanya Harding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Is the case the one with the clear face that flips out? It was shown on the Pre sales brochure that leaked last week.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that a vertical case you're referring to?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Insanely jealous right now. Seriously.

I need to officially lock myself out of the Pre central forums. I have absolutely no chance to get a Pre until late in the month. Sucks to be leaving the same day as launch, and not a Premier customer. Arrgh.

Post pics! Just use imageshack or something instead!
    Palm III -> Visor Prism -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro

Ev-Do Rev. A Tethered on my TP:
  7.    #47  
    The setup was quick for me. I opted to not have them run the initial contact sync for me. I told them I would do it myself later.
  8.    #48  
    The vertical case has the flip out plastic cover. I was worried it would scratch the Pre. I got the horizontal pouch case.
  9.    #49  
    Turnout was far lower than they planned. I think the crappy weather kept people away.
    So, what's the deal w/the Palm Profile? I understand you must have that setup, before you even power-up the device.

Also, is your's a new line of service? Or, did you do an ESN swap?
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    The setup was quick for me. I opted to not have them run the initial contact sync for me. I told them I would do it myself later.
    I don't recall from your postings what phone you'll be transfering your data from. Hopefully it's a Palm phone and you'll be using the Data Transfer Assistant. Let us know how the transfer process goes and if you opted to tranfer to an online account or just to the phone.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by FONdude View Post
    So, what's the deal w/the Palm Profile? I understand you must have that setup, before you even power-up the device.
    Palm Profile is created via the Pre during the setup process.

http://www.precentral.net/palm-pre-s...video-overview

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I don't recall from your postings what phone you'll be transfering your data from. Hopefully it's a Palm phone and you'll be using the Data Transfer Assistant. Let us know how the transfer process goes and if you opted to tranfer to an online account or just to the phone.
    Palm - Start here: Move your info to your webOS™ phone
  14.    #54  
    I actually also have a iPhone and Blackberry. I am keeping them all. I activated a new line of service and will be using google sync to get my contacts over.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Please pull a Tonya Harding and hit him in the Kneecap with a steel pipe. I and all Redskin fans will be eternally grateful.
    LOL! Go Skins!!
  16.    #56  
    They did walk me through creating the profile. That was basically it though.
    I'm aware of how to do it, but thanks for the link.
    I was wanting someone's real world experience with it.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I'm aware of how to do it, but thanks for the link.
    I was wanting someone's real world experience with it.
    Yeah, but you can already download the software and do it yourself, it appears.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Yeah, but you can already download the software and do it yourself, it appears.
    Data gets moved to the phone first, then to the online web service.

The Data Transfer Assistant (DTA) provides a one-time, one-way transfer of Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Memos from your computer to your phone.

After moving data to your phone, we'll help you select a web service supported by Palm's Synergy feature (Google, Microsoft Exchange, or your Palm profile account).

Palm Pre wallpapers
    You da man, Mobileman.

Envious! Jealous! Heart-broken!

Happy for you!!!!!!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast