Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41
  1. mecca's Avatar
    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
       #1  
    I went to my local NYC Sprint store and inquired about them being open at 8am tomorrow. The clerk got defensive and exploded...WHO TOLD YOU WE WERE OPEN AT 8? I didnt say I found out through Pre central, but when the clerk realized I knew what time to get there, she told me just come and dont tell anyone else. It will be first come first served. They have been telling people they open at 10am. My question......WHATS THE BIG SECRET?
  2. #2  
    probably to try to control crowds...?
  3. #3  
    yes people! stop harassing and questioning the Sprint employees. just friggin show up tomorrow between 8-10am and keep your mouth shut until then - before you blow it all for the rest of us and they cancel everything!!!!!!!!
  4. #4  
    lol, I think 1/3 of the Sprint employees have no idea what's going on tomorrow morning
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
  5. #5  
    They all open at 4am, and they all only have one Pre in stock. If you get there and the lights are off and you don't see anyone in there, they are HIDING. Bang on the windows as hard as you can until they answer.
  6. #6  
    Seriously, I think the reason they're telling random people off the street that they're opening at 10:00am is to "reserve" the 8:00-10:00am timeslot for people who receive the email. Now, granted, even if that's true, it's hosed, because there are plenty of people (like myself) who both filled out the form to be notified and who are S|P customers, and haven't received an email. Nevertheless...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  7. #7  
    i went to the sprint store earlier today and was told that the store opens at 8:00am tomorrow and that i need to get there early if i want a pre. Dont think the early opening is a secret.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by northside View Post
    They all open at 4am, and they all only have one Pre in stock. If you get there and the lights are off and you don't see anyone in there, they are HIDING. Bang on the windows as hard as you can until they answer.
    Or better yet break the glass and grab a couple!!!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by northside View Post
    They all open at 4am, and they all only have one Pre in stock. If you get there and the lights are off and you don't see anyone in there, they are HIDING. Bang on the windows as hard as you can until they answer.
    I heard you have to park right in front of the store, flash your headlights, and beep your horn to the beat of "Walk Like an Egyptian" @ 7:32 AM

    sorry, too much caffiene
  10. mrkalel's Avatar
    Posts
    739 Posts
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    #10  
    In all seriousness, my very good friend that works in a Sprint Corp store, did tell me that the 8-10AM hours were just suppose to be for premier customers... so they might be a little worried to say it to someone off the street...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
  11. #11  
    (nor do I play one on TV)

    ...but i got an email from Sprint today telling me that stores are opening at 8am tomorrow for the Pre.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    yes people! stop harassing and questioning the Sprint employees. just friggin show up tomorrow between 8-10am and keep your mouth shut until then - before you blow it all for the rest of us and they cancel everything!!!!!!!!
    Phew I thought we lost the old Gekko. Good to know he is back!

    Quote Originally Posted by northside View Post
    They all open at 4am, and they all only have one Pre in stock. If you get there and the lights are off and you don't see anyone in there, they are HIDING. Bang on the windows as hard as you can until they answer.
    ROFL
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by northside View Post
    They all open at 4am, and they all only have one Pre in stock. If you get there and the lights are off and you don't see anyone in there, they are HIDING. Bang on the windows as hard as you can until they answer.
    Chuckle.
  14. #14  
    yap this is true I called my sprint store and they told me the same thing. and the guy asked me if I reserved the phone I'm like wtf there is no wating list I said I got email from sprint that you are open at 8 and he just said yes probably there were a lot of ppl in the store and didn't want to say that they are opening the doors at 8am. Well I just printed my email from sprint and i be first to get one!!!! yeah and one more thing

    keep ur mouth shut guys don't tell anyone so we won't have to camp outside the sprint store and we will be the first ones to get
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by en0x View Post
    yap this is true I called my sprint store and they told me the same thing. and the guy asked me if I reserved the phone I'm like wtf there is no wating list I said I got email from sprint that you are open at 8 and he just said yes probably there were a lot of ppl in the store and didn't want to say that they are opening the doors at 8am. Well I just printed my email from sprint and i be first to get one!!!! yeah and one more thing

    keep ur mouth shut guys don't tell anyone so we won't have to camp outside the sprint store and we will be the first ones to get
    What is coming out tomorrow at 8?
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    In all seriousness, my very good friend that works in a Sprint Corp store, did tell me that the 8-10AM hours were just suppose to be for premier customers... so they might be a little worried to say it to someone off the street...
    Did your friend tell you they sent a similar email to non-premier customers telling them to come in at 8am?

    http://forums.precentral.net/1638816-post356.html
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    What is coming out tomorrow at 8?
    i dont know :S
  18. #18  
    I went to one store that told me 10am and then went to a 2nd that told me 8am. That was after he confirmed it with his manager. I didn't identify myself as a S|P customer (or an existing customer), so who knows what they are up to.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo-SC View Post
    lol, I think 1/3 of the Sprint employees have no idea what's going on tomorrow morning

    Hopefully it will be an employee in the other 2/3's that unlocks the door in the morning.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  20. #20  
    Oh wait, I heard they changed their plans and ALL sprint stores don't open until noon, so don't show up intil then.

    (More pres for me now, muahahaha)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions