Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by northside View Post
    they all open at 4am, and they all only have one pre in stock. If you get there and the lights are off and you don't see anyone in there, they are hiding. Bang on the windows as hard as you can until they answer.
    roflmao
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    In all seriousness, my very good friend that works in a Sprint Corp store, did tell me that the 8-10AM hours were just suppose to be for premier customers... so they might be a little worried to say it to someone off the street...
    I do not know how thats possible since most 3rd party stores are telling everyone (like myself) to just show up at 8 ... but the corp store that i originally wanted to go to said come at 10 ...
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

I was in the Sprint store on Wednesday because my USB modem/aircard was failing.

I asked about the plan for Saturday and the hostess said she can't provide details for their operations. I said, I mean are their special hours for Saturday? She said on the regular hours. I asked what those hours were and she replied "the one on the door". Rude! I explained to her that I was not at the door but rather talking to her and she then replied "10am - regular opening. That's all I can say!"

I received the email today from Sprint about 8am.

So people just steer clear because they either don't know because of poor communication within the store or they don't want to risk losing their job for saying something wrong or too much.

Those with confidence (at other stores obviously) have no problem explain hours and other related info without providing any Pre specific info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    I do not know how thats possible since most 3rd party stores are telling everyone (like myself) to just show up at 8 ... but the corp store that i originally wanted to go to said come at 10 ...
    I had the opposite experience. The non-corporate store I bought my Centro from told me they wouldn't be open until 10:00. The corporate store I called said they would be open at 8:00, even when I didn't mention the email or that I'm a Premier customer (y'know, like everyone else ).

And if you meant something else by "3rd party stores" and I've completely misunderstood, please feel free to point and laugh.
    MY store told me they open at 9 but im still going to show up at 8
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I'm going to the store in the mall.....so its 10AM no matter what. Don't really care to get up earlier anyways.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I called two corp stores after 6pm this evening and just asked when they open tomorrow, both stated 8am. The second one I called I also asked if they had plenty of Pre's in stock... She answered "as long as the inventory comes in." It seemed to me to be a 'canned' statement that she was using all week long. I would sure hope Inventory was ALREADY there!
    I went to two stores today and there were signs on the door saying they were opening at 8am tomorrow for Pre's release.
    When I called the other day the guy who answered the phone said they open at 8am, but couldn't give the number of pre's. Since I work 12 hrs tomorrow I asked if there would be a chance of still getting one on Sunday. He didnt know. I don't think there is a corporate store near my job site to try to pick one up at lunch time.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Two Sprint stores told me they open at 10 am, but the second store knew I was porting over my number (new customer). So he went back to talk to the Manager and came back and said to be here at 8am to get a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Seriously, I think the reason they're telling random people off the street that they're opening at 10:00am is to "reserve" the 8:00-10:00am timeslot for people who receive the email. Now, granted, even if that's true, it's hosed, because there are plenty of people (like myself) who both filled out the form to be notified and who are S|P customers, and haven't received an email. Nevertheless...
    I was told the same thing at my local sprint corp store. If I'm not on the invite list, I can't buy a pre at 8am. I'm gonna camp out a BestBuy....
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    (nor do I play one on TV)

...but i got an email from Sprint today telling me that stores are opening at 8am tomorrow for the Pre.
    Got the same email- says 8 opening.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    3 local stores (2 corproate and one third party ) all open to general public at 8..no lists..no info on quantities...one even said "we wont know until we get our shipment early sat morning " -----you gotta to be kidding me!
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rbcmd View Post
    3 local stores (2 corproate and one third party ) all open to general public at 8..no lists..no info on quantities...one even said "we wont know until we get our shipment early sat morning " -----you gotta to be kidding me!
    Sprint has really bungled the launch.
    typical SPRINT service..... the are the worst in customer service..
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnfb View Post
    typical SPRINT service..... the are the worst in customer service..
    Yep I had over $20 of BS charges on my last bill. Gotta love Sprint
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    It seems like everything in Vegas having to do with Corporate Sprint stores all open at 10am. Now I'm going between showing up at Best Buy or a Sprint store since they seem to be opening at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by gibsonhtp View Post
    It seems like everything in Vegas having to do with Corporate Sprint stores all open at 10am. Now I'm going between showing up at Best Buy or a Sprint store since they seem to be opening at the same time.
    The Silverado Ranch corporate store is opening at 0800.

I'm surprised I haven't seen more Vegas people posting here. Hopefully that will make it easier for you and me, gibsonhtp!
    Quote Originally Posted by maxthesilent View Post
    The Silverado Ranch corporate store is opening at 0800.

I'm surprised I haven't seen more Vegas people posting here. Hopefully that will make it easier for you and me, gibsonhtp!
    No way, I went into that store today since it's down the street from my house and they said they're opening at 10am tomorrow. But yeah, no one on these forums seems to be from Vegas, so that is good.
    Yesterday they said they were opening at 8. So it shows Sprint here has got it together like a soup sandwich. Both this store and the one on Sunset said they've had a ton of calls, but we'll see...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast