Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    Thought I would throw this out here.. we all know the SP for iPhone won't work except on wifi. We all assume or hope that Sprint won't restrict it only to wifi. However --- I have a iTouch and a Verizon MIFI broadband adapter.
    The touch connects to the MIFI on a WIFI connection. However, SP doesn't work!!! I get endless "optimizing" messages after connection to the Slingbox.

    I'm guessing that the MIFI bandwidth (300-1200 MB/S if I labeled it correctly)is not robust enough to stream the data. If that is the case, the SP for the Pre may have the same issues.

    Anybody have any comments or more information?
  2. #2  
    Have you tried a 'regular' wifi connection with better results? It might be your Slingbox or configuration?
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    ___________________________________________
    T-Mobile Treo 600--> Cingular Treo 650--> Cingular 8125--> Imate JasJar--> TMobile SDA--> Cingular Blackjack --> Cingular 8525-->UBiQUiO 503g-->HP910--> HTC Fuze--> Blackberry Bold&iPod Touch
  3. #3  
    Slingplayer for Palm OS works fine over EVDO.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  4. #4  
    But no phone calls or emails while it's running, right?
  5. #5  
    I think it interrupts and hands over to the call. And you can get email since its data.
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    ___________________________________________
    T-Mobile Treo 600--> Cingular Treo 650--> Cingular 8125--> Imate JasJar--> TMobile SDA--> Cingular Blackjack --> Cingular 8525-->UBiQUiO 503g-->HP910--> HTC Fuze--> Blackberry Bold&iPod Touch
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by lulugirl896 View Post
    Have you tried a 'regular' wifi connection with better results? It might be your Slingbox or configuration?
    Yes, it works fine over my home network. But the iTouch doesn't know the difference between my fast home network and the Verizon MIFI -- it's all WIFI (one's faster than the other).

    If Sling builds the PRE slingplayer similar to the iphone, I bet it is not going to work over EVDO. If it is built similar to the Treo slingplayer, it may work but quality will be crap when it's twice the size.
  7. #7  
    Streaming over EVDO works, but before you can even consider that the real question is when will there be a Slingplayer for Pre? It's the main app I use on my Mogul =/
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by fbeaumont View Post
    I'm guessing that the MIFI bandwidth (300-1200 MB/S if I labeled it correctly)is not robust enough to stream the data. If that is the case, the SP for the Pre may have the same issues.

    Anybody have any comments or more information?
    I use my Slingbox Classic with my iPod Touch using my mifi2200 on Verizon and it runs like a champ. I get one "optimizing" delay at initial launch then it's fine after that.

    I also run Slingplayer on my Q9C and Omnia with Verizon and no hiccups (~350 kpbs/30 fps).

    I also run it with my Q9C on Sprint with similar performance as Verizon's.

    I also run it with my Blackjack 2 on AT&T and it's sketchy - I often just drop down to GSM - the picture is grainier, the frame rate is slower, but at least it doesn't cut in and out all the time the 3G.

    I also run it with my T-Mobile Dash over GSM. Same story as with AT&T GSM.

    It should work fine with Sprint.

    QUESTION: Are you by any chance using Powerlink anywhere in your Slingbox network (powerlink is when you run a TCP/IP network across your home's power lines). I had problems with the iPod Touch version when I was using a powerlink connection.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    QUESTION: Are you by any chance using Powerlink anywhere in your Slingbox network (powerlink is when you run a TCP/IP network across your home's power lines). I had problems with the iPod Touch version when I was using a powerlink connection.
    No, it's ethernet to the router. If it works with your touch and MIFI, maybe I need to get Sling support --
  10.    #10  
    one thing I didn't think of.. I upgraded from the Slingbox classic to the Solo because they said it would have proper functionality with the ipod. If it works with Classic but maybe not Solo then I guess I got hosed for the $130 upgrade fee.

    I'll try it if I get the chance.
  11. Forest007's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by fbeaumont View Post
    one thing I didn't think of.. I upgraded from the Slingbox classic to the Solo because they said it would have proper functionality with the ipod. If it works with Classic but maybe not Solo then I guess I got hosed for the $130 upgrade fee.

    I'll try it if I get the chance.
    I'm having the exact same problem as you with Slingbox A/V. I'd like to know what the fix is for this if you find it. I'm going to continue to search also and will post back here if I find a fix.
  12. #12  
    I was using a Slingbox tuner on my iPod Touch connected to a Sprint Diamond and it worked great.

Posting Permissions