Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    was just told at best buy that no matter if your premier or not you will have to pay a 36.00 activation fee and a service fee of 20.00 to geek squad?? what kinda crap is that? so you get your instant rebate for 100-36-20= 44? so your only saving 44.00 its gonna cost me 20 in gas just to get there..lol.. im gonna just wait for the whole 100 from sprint.

anyone else hear this?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I was told that the only additional fees are

$18 upgrade activation
    $36 new line activation

When I asked about the touchstone they said they wouldn't have any tomorrow...so it looks like 2 stops for me
    I am a premier customer and my last upgrade I was charged 18.00 and then credited the 18.00 on the same bill. I purchased the phone at Best Buy so I think that is not true.
    The activation is charged by Sprint on your bill. If you get charged and you are premier and dont think you should be charged it, just call Sprint when your bill is posted.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    im a premier customer (like that matters though) they still said i had to pay the activation fee..and the other fee, but as a premier customer you shouldnt have to pay either of them..at least that what it says on the website
    The Best Buy website says:

"Price with Plan: $199.99 after savings with a new 2-year agreement with Sprint and activation through Best Buy"

I would assume that to mean that the activaton is included in the $199.99 price of the phone.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    The activation fee is charged by Sprint. If you aren't meant to be charged one, then it won't show up. Best Buy has no control over that fee. Most people will just call Sprint afterwards and complain to get it waived.

As for the Geek Squad fee, Best Buy does not allow hard bundles. They cannot force you to buy anything in addition to the phone. If someone tries, just threaten to call customer service or get a manager, they will lose their jobs. This is not my guess, it's a fact.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    just got off the phone with 2 differnt manager they said 36 activation fee no matter who you are and the 18 upgrade fee...what a bummer...knew there was a catch to the instant rebate thing...lol

later guy im going to get drunk now to pass the time faster...lol...good luck to all!!
    Whats this $20 Geek Squad fee?
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    I heard talk of this Geek Squad thing too. Supposedly they're involved in either the activation process or in a mandatory training program fee. Of course you don't have to sit and listen to them, but you do have to pay them. Just what I heard, but from several sources.
    Ban Best Buy!

Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 800W -> Launch Day Pre (RIP 08/13/10) -> Replacement PRE
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    I heard talk of this Geek Squad thing too. Supposedly they're involved in either the activation process or in a mandatory training program fee. Of course you don't have to sit and listen to them, but you do have to pay them. Just what I heard, but from several sources.
    Just called my Best Buy store. He said the Geek Squad fee is optional if you want them to help you setup your e-mail. Looking good for those who know what they are doing!
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products