Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    I'm a bit disappointed after finding out more detailed information about the monthly pricing plan for the Pre.

    Here's what I currently have: 2 separate phone lines (on 2 different Treo 755p) with unlimited data on both, shared 550 minutes, 1000 text messages each, all for approx $70 plus tax.

    I called a support rep a couple weeks ago, and got a woman from the Phillipines who told me I'm able to swap out one of my two phone lines for a Pre, and keep the exact same pricing plan of $70/month for both lines.

    But today, I went to a local Sprint store, and the rep there showed me a new pricing brochure which says if I want to keep 2 separate phone lines, it will cost between $129.99 to $189.98 !! This is entirely different than what the support rep in the Phillipines told me just two weeks ago.

    At this point, if I were to get a Pre, I'm thinking of leaving my current pricing plan alone which is a good deal at $70/month for 2 separate lines, and add the Pre to a 3rd phone line for $69.99/month extra.

    I'm not willing to give up my 2 Treo 755p phone lines for 1 Pre phone at this time. I have too much functionality (including PdaNet on both Treos) to go cold turkey for an untested Pre. I'm sure others may be just as cautious as me. Am I just paranoid??

    Additional other considerations is that I only have discount eligibility on one of my 2 phones which is the primary line, but not the other, plus if I were to cancel either of my two phone lines, there would be an early termination fee of approx $200 for each line!! Unreal! So many variables for me to consider.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
  2. haydur's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    #2  
    Yeah, that's life.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    I'm a bit disappointed after finding out more detailed information about the monthly pricing plan for the Pre.

    Here's what I currently have: 2 separate phone lines (on 2 different Treo 755p) with unlimited data on both, shared 550 minutes, 1000 text messages each, all for approx $70 plus tax.

    I called a support rep a couple weeks ago, and got a woman from the Phillipines who told me I'm able to swap out one of my two phone lines for a Pre, and keep the exact same pricing plan of $70/month for both lines.

    But today, I went to a local Sprint store, and the rep there showed me a new pricing brochure which says if I want to keep 2 separate phone lines, it will cost between $129.99 to $189.98 !! This is entirely different than what the support rep in the Phillipines told me just two weeks ago.

    At this point, if I were to get a Pre, I'm thinking of leaving my current pricing plan alone which is a good deal at $70/month for 2 separate lines, and add the Pre to a 3rd phone line for $69.99/month extra.

    I'm not willing to give up my 2 Treo 755p phone lines for 1 Pre phone at this time. I have too much functionality (including PdaNet on both Treos) to go cold turkey for an untested Pre. I'm sure others may be just as cautious as me. Am I just paranoid??

    Additional other considerations is that I only have discount eligibility on my one primary lines, not the other, plus if I were to cancel either of my two phone lines, there would be an early termination fee of approx $200 for each line!! Unreal! So many variables for me to consider.
    Ouch. Ever consider getting a corporate discount? I get 27% off with Wells Fargo... Also, where are you located in the Bay Area? Might be able to help out with the discount then :P
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    Ouch. Ever consider getting a corporate discount? I get 27% off with Wells Fargo... Also, where are you located in the Bay Area? Might be able to help out with the discount then :P
    I am getting a corporate discount at $21 percent off, through my company, although I don't know if this will remain with the new Pre pricing.

    Here's what I know for absolute certainty: Every time I upgrade to a new Treo/smart phone, the pricing plan always gets worse!! I've been with Sprint for nearly 10 years, and this has always been true!
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    Here's what I know for absolute certainty: Every time I upgrade to a new Treo/smart phone, the pricing plan always gets worse!! I've been with Sprint for nearly 10 years, and this has always been true!
    Your right there.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    I am getting a corporate discount at $21 percent off, through my company, although I don't know if this will remain with the new Pre pricing.

    Here's what I know for absolute certainty: Every time I upgrade to a new Treo/smart phone, the pricing plan always gets worse!! I've been with Sprint for nearly 10 years, and this has always been true!
    It'll remain, otherwise Sprint will have a very mad new customer I have to agree about the pricing plans though but since I came from AT&T, its a breath of fresh air to get all these things for free.
  7. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    Here's what I know for absolute certainty: Every time I upgrade to a new Treo/smart phone, the pricing plan always gets worse!! I've been with Sprint for nearly 10 years, and this has always been true!
    Same here. It's funny because the reason I'm still with Sprint after 10 years is because they kept stacking discounts at every contract renewal. But with the Pre then they've found a way to get Sprint veterans to give up all those perks so in 2yrs I'm going to really question whether or not I want to stay with Sprint.

    Anyway, the rep I spoke with promised I would at least retain my 16% company discount and the 1250 bonus minutes. But I'm really nervous that the store reps will ignore the notes and probably require some sort of weird proof of employment that I won't have on me.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    ...
    Here's what I know for absolute certainty: Every time I upgrade to a new Treo/smart phone, the pricing plan always gets worse!! I've been with Sprint for nearly 10 years, and this has always been true!
    Yeah, remember when unlimited data and 500 text messages were a $15 / month add on?
  9. mosdl's Avatar
    Posts
    781 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Same here. It's funny because the reason I'm still with Sprint after 10 years is because they kept stacking discounts at every contract renewal. But with the Pre then they've found a way to get Sprint veterans to give up all those perks so in 2yrs I'm going to really question whether or not I want to stay with Sprint.

    Anyway, the rep I spoke with promised I would at least retain my 16% company discount and the 1250 bonus minutes. But I'm really nervous that the store reps will ignore the notes and probably require some sort of weird proof of employment that I won't have on me.
    The store here said to bring an ID (badge) and if possible your most recent paystub (electronic one works too).
  10. vandi's Avatar
    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    #10  
    Yeah, wife and I have a shared plan with 2 treo 755...for like $70 after taxes, TEP, PAM, unlimited messaging, etc, really a sweet deal. If I get the Pre, I'll probably just get a new line of service so I can keep the tether on the 755 since I occasionally go out of town and need to have network access.

    Doing it this way (along with the 25% Credit Union deal) seems far cheaper than switching the plans out and swapping my 755 for the Pre.
  11. #11  
    I have a mogul and I gave my roomie a 'free' phone so she could save money, I pay around $70 or $80, since it's a 450 shared minutes family plan plus one phone with the $15 unlimited data. Sprint rep at local store said I'd have to go to the $129 everything family. I told him I couldn't afford that, and all he came up with was "sorry to hear that".
    I'm not eligible for the $199 price right now anyway, (next month though). I'm hoping in a month someone will figure out how to work around this. I'm definately gonna try the whole 'irate customer of 6 years' angle and see if anyone bothers to appease me.

    Also was disappointed with the phone itself, while it's 'more slick' than my mogul, does ton less. ('real' copy and paste, a full blown google map, tethering, etc) Now on top of that, it's just plain *cheaper* to keep my mogul. Guess that's what I'm stuck with.

Posting Permissions