Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Until someone pays him $10 to take that spot from you.
    Buy him a suit so he blends in.
    > Any tips for waiting in line overnight?

Don't
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetThug View Post
    > Any tips for waiting in line overnight?

Don't
    ^^^ Ditto.

I just ordered mine over the phone early this afternoon (corporate customer), and I will have it on Tuesday. No biggie.

On Edit: We get ours from a third party that handles our corporate Sprint account (not straight from Sprint).
    Quote Originally Posted by i.freakin.heart.palm View Post
    I've never waited in line for something overnight before. Anyone have any good tips to share? Any horror stories???

1. No need...Show up at 6am
    2. If you do camp out please remember your rights to bear arms!
    3. Bring your permit for #2...
    4. A large empty pickle jar.
    5. NO DOZE pills...watch your pockets!
    6. Be very assertive! dont let people cut you in line (SEE #2)

Horror stories?? Hmmm I dont think I have ever had a problem...See #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugewhyte View Post
    1. No need...Show up at 6am
    2. If you do camp out please remember your rights to bear arms!
    3. Bring your permit for #2...
    4. A large empty pickle jar.
    5. NO DOZE pills...watch your pockets!
    6. Be very assertive! dont let people cut you in line (SEE #2)

Horror stories?? Hmmm I dont think I have ever had a problem...See #2
    I think I'm gonna watch a movie on my iPhone since it'll be our last time together while I wait in my chair around 6am.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsjr2006 View Post
    I think I'm gonna watch a movie on my iPhone since it'll be our last time together while I wait in my chair around 6am.

Scarface? LOL
    I can't bring myself to camp overnight, but I am contemplating showing up insanely early in the morning. The hub has offered to come along and make a Starbucks run. I figure a short book, a fully charged netbook, and a video iPod with numerous viewing options should be almost enough to keep my ADD in check while I wait.
    Im getting dropped off....

I've overnighted a PS3 and an xbox360.

I've midnighted Halo 3 and Gears of War 2.

All were fun times. You are surrounded by people with teh common love of something. Usually good people. I wouldn't wait overnight personal for the Pre, but get there around 6 or 7 if you want to make sure.

Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post

All were fun times. You are surrounded by people with teh common love of something. Usually good people.
    yep this is what makes it fun...for me atleast!
    Officially camping out now! First in line and behind me is my hubby and one of his friends!
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    Officially camping out now! First in line and behind me is my hubby and one of his friends!
    you'll have to let us know when the next person shows up. i'm actually kind of excited. like someone else said there will be others in line with a common interest. and maybe i'll even meet some of the people on here!
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    Thats cool
    I hope you have lots of beer or better yet, Patron
    and have a good time.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by i.freakin.heart.palm View Post
    I've never waited in line for something overnight before.
    Never waited in line all night?!? Kids today! They have no knowledge of The Dark Times when there was no commercial internet and the phones had actual dials with no redial button and the only way to get good concert tickets was to wait in line all night Friday until the ticket outlet opened at 10am Saturday. Thankfully, mail-order sales for Grateful Dead tickets starting in 1983 meant you didn't have to camp out for those tix at least.

However, for general admission shows there would still be waiting in line all night to be first into the concert. Ah, some good and and less-good memories from the Oakland Auditorium and the Berkeley Greek Theatre!
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff DLB View Post
    Never waited in line all night?!? Kids today! They have no knowledge of The Dark Times when there was no commercial internet and the phones had actual dials with no redial button and the only way to get good concert tickets was to wait in line all night Friday until the ticket outlet opened at 10am Saturday. Thankfully, mail-order sales for Grateful Dead tickets starting in 1983 meant you didn't have to camp out for those tix at least.

However, for general admission shows there would still be waiting in line all night to be first into the concert. Ah, some good and and less-good memories from the Oakland Auditorium and the Berkeley Greek Theatre!
    was that back when you had to walk 10 miles in the snow uphill to get to school? and bread only cost a nickel?

i love these message boards. so much fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Coffee, always.

Or red bull of course..
    911 on speed dial.. A MUST

Because after your heart stops, they'll put your body on ice and rush you to the OR.
    Phone - check. Laptop - check. Power inverter - check. Beer - check. .45 - check.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123