1.    #1  
    When I hopefully get a Pre tomorrow, I am going to be porting from Verizon. I logged into the Verizon Contact Backup website today and saved my contacts so I have them in digital form. Is there any way I can easily get these onto my Pre. I am a programmer, so I can process the HTML and get the data into a sensible form, but is there a format/program that will then be able to add the contacts to the Pre? Thanks. I will be happy to share my converter if I am successful.
    closed proprietary carrier contact backup websites might not work. if i was you, i'd try to sync your phone to outlook, palm desktop, or Gmail asap or convert to CSV and then import ASAP.

do a search for "Contacts" in this forum and read all the threads.
  3.    #3  
    Gekko, I think I did not explain myself well enough. My big problem is that I haven't owned any palm devices in years, and I am not familiar with their syncing software and what options are available. I am 100% able to convert my Verizon contacts to CSV. Can I load the CSV onto my Pre, is the question I have.
    Convert to a .csv file and upload to Google.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    you're a programmer? where did you learn your trade?

Importing contacts by CSV - Gmail Help
  6.    #6  
    Started when I was a kid, self taught, then high school and college. I have a Computer Engineering degree from UC Santa Barbara. If it is useful to people, I could whip up a web application to convert people's Verizon contacts to CSV. Its a shame I have to push them into GMail just to get them on the phone, but I guess it won't clutter my GMail too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by emkman View Post
    Started when I was a kid, self taught, then high school and college. I have a Computer Engineering degree from UC Santa Barbara. If it is useful to people, I could whip up a web application to convert people's Verizon contacts to CSV. Its a shame I have to push them into GMail just to get them on the phone, but I guess it won't clutter my GMail too much.
    uh that was a Ricky Roma reference and a rhetorical question.

anyway, no need to reinvent the wheel. there's more than one road to Dublin. shame on you for having your data locked into a black box proprietary vehicle - especially that evil vzw.

good luck.
  8.    #8  
    That's ironic. An article that just ran about my company today used Glengarry Glen Ross to explain what cost per lead meant. I am leaving the evil black box, but between the contact backup and Bit Pim, I did fine until now.