1.    #1  
    Come on people. It's PRE DAY tomorrow. Just give me the damn numbers already!

I have called 4 Sprint stores in my area--UT; 2 are corporate 2 are not. Each store though would not disclose their inventory numbers for the Pre. I don't understand this. I even asked for a ball park figure...nothing.

Anyone having any luck with getting inventory numbers?
    I suspect they'll have at LEAST 50 / store... they've had some time to prepare and ramp up for this...
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
    all i got was that the "A" stores *may* have more inventory.
    sigh.
    My sprint store told me they don't know until they get the box friday night. Right ...
    They are not allowed to say how many probably to build up the hype even more.
    As a general rule I wouldn't expect any business to disclose inventory to random people that call up on the phone. I understand why people are getting worked up about it here but I'm not sure why everyone expects that to be public information.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dtoliver View Post
    As a general rule I wouldn't expect any business to disclose inventory to random people that call up on the phone. I understand why people are getting worked up about it here but I'm not sure why everyone expects that to be public information.
    Why shouldn't it be made public? Both Palm and Sprint are public companies. At any given time I can go see how much each CEO made the previous year(s). I just don't understand why the stores can't say, "yeah, we have about 50 Pre's. Come on over."
    I stopped by my local 3rd party Sprint store on Wednesday, the woman said they had 7 and we're hoping for more today.
    I stopped by today at 1:45 and the guy said, they just have a few. Open at 8 a.m., first come, first serve.
    Yeah, I'm getting there at 6 a.m.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    My local corporate Sprint store told me they knew how many they had, it was less that some other stores, and they couldn't give me a number. They also said they didn't expect it to be very bad tomorrow...at least not as crazy as they were once expecting. Whatever that means.