1.    #1  
    Hey - anyone able to see if the Pre works with VNC? Would love to know if its possible to control a remote desktop with the Pre this way.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    That would be sweet, doubt we will know until release and someone creates an app for it though.
    Probably not until the SDK is released. We also don't know if the SDK will allow low level enough access to do such power user type functions.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
  4.    #4  
    VNC has worked on the Palm OS before though correct? Anyone know if there is a way to use the Pre's Palm Classic emulator app and use VNC that way? Kind of a workaround to getting VNC to work on the Pre?
  5.    #5  
    bump
    Yeah, VNC works great on my Treo and Centro. It's a great function that I've used (and needed) many times.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Forget VNC, I'll take a simple putty shell with curses support.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    I have Classic installed as well as Win-hand (similar to VNC) but the program is not able to detect a network connection
  9.    #9  
    That sucks - any other VNC work through the classic emulator?
  10.    #10  
    bump
    Going to start a seperate Classic Thread BUT PAlM VNC works with classics. Its not super smooth but it works.
    I want rdp and telnet(and ssh), vnc would just be a bonus.

and a decent wifi scanner, but i don't know if the sdk will have that kind of control.
  13.    #13  
    VaccPalm - cany ou verify this based on using the Pre that is absolutely works with the emulator?
    Yes I ran PALM VNC ( the same one I was using on my Centro) and it worked . The moving around was a little slower but it completly worked. You can download Classic for 7 days free and try it but it worked for me. I imediatly paid for it. That is a must have app.
  15. wxl
    i would love to see a non-classic vnc client. wouldn't use it much, but it would be nice in those rare occassions. in reality, ssh accomplishes most tasks. like that whole VLC remote app--- pffht, just ssh in and run it from the command line.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I use VNC all the time for work, and I would absolutely love a client for WebOS Native.

I've tried RemoteWin and was not impressed. I see they've included a scroll feature which would be nice, but it seems to require .NET framework installed on the host computers, and frankly some of the old machines I need to connect to are just too old. Also, it's not a true VNC client.

I tried Palm VNC on Classic, couldn't get it to work.

Finally landed on MochaVNC for PalmOS, on Classic, and it runs just fine, very stable. Kind of poky, but that's to be expected. Just two levels of zoom, and two modes.. "hand" scroll, and active click mode. Works well enough for what I need it to do.

But as I said I would be very grateful for a native client that doesn't require anything but an installtion of RealVNC on the host machine.
    aren't there apps out there already for it?
    http://<font color="Navy">Poll: Requ...r webOS</font>

Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
  18. wxl
    there is sdlVNC but it's not in Preware (an inconvienence but still..) and lacks some functionality, e.g. authentication
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMyPre View Post
    VNC has worked on the Palm OS before though correct? Anyone know if there is a way to use the Pre's Palm Classic emulator app and use VNC that way? Kind of a workaround to getting VNC to work on the Pre?
    I use VNC with classic and it works perfectly.