Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What a crock of crap. Thanks Sprint!

The wait is over.

The much anticipated Palm(R) Pre(TM) hits store shelves tomorrow.
    As a selected Sprint Premier customer, we're opening our doors early
    at 8 AM, so you can be among the first to own this revolutionary
    phone. Only from Sprint. Only on the Now Network(TM).

They'll go fast, so hurry to your local Sprint store.

Requires activation on an Everything Plan with data.

There's never been a better time to upgrade.
    As a Sprint Premier customer, you are eligible to upgrade your
    primary line every 12 months, rather than the standard 22 months.
    Plus we'll waive the upgrade fee.
    Same here. Nothing special, however. Just be there at 8am to be "among the first to own".
    That's confusing. I got a call...you all got an email saying the same thing. What happened to the."Premier members get first chance at purchasing". I'm not a Premier memeber.

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    I just called the store in KC that is hosting the party tonight.

Asked how to verify that we are SP and we received the email. She told me that they were opening the doors at 8:00 am to EVERYONE, and it's FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE!

It won't matter a hill of beans if you are SP or Joe Blow!

Screw Sprint!
  5. cme
    still no email
    Quote Originally Posted by cme View Post
    still no email
    me either!
    notice how they put 199 on price no mail in rebate no asterisk or anything ....this will cause major problems tomorrow lol
    and that email went out to anyone n everyone who signed up for notifications on the PRE it is NOT specific to premiere
    got same email. We are "among" all potential purchasers, meaning everyone I guess.. doors open to everyone apparently... so yes all a crock of PreCrap..... Hope the phone is better than the customer relations...
    ETUTREO300
    Well, by this definition, we're still "among the first with an opportunity to purchase." Misleading? Perhaps. But certainly not the worst I've seen. I'll get over it eventually, although I'm certainly a little ticked off at the moment.

Once I get my Pre, and love it, I'll forget all about this little hickup.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Did the 8am opening refer to anyone, or just Premier customers?

Justin
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I'm not a premier customer and I got that same email, so I'm assuming 8am is for everybody, that is what I'm banking on at least.
    Refered to not just anyone, it refered to EVERYONE.
    I love this wording:
    As a selected Sprint Premier customer, we're opening our doors early
    at 8 AM, so you can be among the first to own this revolutionary
    phone.
    What, pray tell, does this mean? I love it. Just ambiguous enough to make someone taking a quick gander think that S|P folks are getting something special. But when you read it more carefully, all it says is that you're a premier person and we're opening our doors at 8am. Even though the phrases are in the same sentence, they are disconnected. I'm not sure it's grammatically incorrect, just misleading.

Hey, you know, whatever. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get one, and all will be well.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    and that email went out to anyone n everyone who signed up for notifications on the PRE it is NOT specific to premiere
    I signed up for that and still no email was sent to me! ..oh well not like im missing out on anything lol I have known since it was announced when the pre was available who needs an email to confirm it ya kno lol
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    me either!
    For some reason I never get their emails. I get the ones from customer service but I dont get the automated ones. I have checked the spam filter. I think one time about 3-5 years ago I opted out of their emails (clicked link on bottom to unsub) so now they have black listed me.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I just stopped by Sprint store. All KC area corp. stores open at 8:00 for everyone. They also recommended getting here early.
    Quote Originally Posted by claire.grey View Post
    I just called the store in KC that is hosting the party tonight.

Asked how to verify that we are SP and we received the email. She told me that they were opening the doors at 8:00 am to EVERYONE, and it's FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE!

It won't matter a hill of beans if you are SP or Joe Blow!

Screw Sprint!

However I do understand that the store in KC hosting the party tonight has over 110 phones for attendees.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    it appears that they sent the email to those who signed up and who were eligible for an upgrade. I signed up with different email addys for each line, and I only got an email for the line which is eligible for an upgrade... Just a thought
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I love this wording:

What, pray tell, does this mean? I love it. Just ambiguous enough to make someone taking a quick gander think that S|P folks are getting something special. But when you read it more carefully, all it says is that you're a premier person and we're opening our doors at 8am. Even though the phrases are in the same sentence, they are disconnected. I'm not sure it's grammatically incorrect, just misleading.

Hey, you know, whatever. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get one, and all will be well.
    Actually, it IS grammatically incorrect. "As a selected Sprint Premier customer, we're opening our doors..." is a dangling participle. One expects the opening participial phrase to refer to what comes next, in this case one expects "selected Sprint Premier customer" to refer to the "we're" in "we're opening our doors," but of course it doesn't. It's really a terribly written sentence.

Whether it was written that way on purpose to be misleading is open to debate. However, "you can be among the first to own this revolutionary phone" really isn't misleading. Consider:

1. Sprint hasn't advertised the early opening. People are reporting that if you just call the stores, they say they're opening at 10am as normal.

2. Thus, only those who receive an email, either the S|P version or the version that, presumably, those who signed up to be notified are getting, will be aware of the early hours.

3. Exceptions to this are folks like us who are reading this forum, who hear about the early opening through other means (including people who just planned on camping out regardless).

4. There will be loads of people who won't know and won't go early.

5. Therefore, we who do know and go early will indeed be among the first to buy the phone.

By this definition, Sprint has upheld its promise to both S|P customers and people who filled out the form.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast