Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Palm Pre is here, at 8 AM on June 6th. I just got this e-mail from Sprint! If you didn't get it feel free to look at this link to see it. Did anyone else notice how Sprint is telling you to hurry to get it, but yesterday they were saying not to expect big lines?
    Quote Originally Posted by crossover37 View Post
    in the fine print it says you need to keep the phone activated for 30 days, so what if i want to return it? they give me back $199 instead of $299 i pay in the store? Does anyone know?
    They just want to make sure they don't send you the $100.00 and you return the phone after they send the check. You'll get all you're money back if you return it. That's why its a 30 day wait.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    i got an email that says S|P at the top but then it says stores open at 8 am
    Mine is more detailed, I've added a link with a screenshot of the newsletter and details in case anyone didn't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    you're an animal for linking all of those pages.
    Heh, boredom is a monster.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I got the email too... it says $199.99 and doesn't make any mention of the rebate. I wonder if they have dropped this idea.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jameskk View Post
    I got the email too... it says $199.99 and doesn't make any mention of the rebate. I wonder if they have dropped this idea.
    Nice if its true. I can' stand MIR's.
    I'm going to the Sprint store in a mall, so I don't think they open any earlier then 10 anyways.
    If you check on the bottom of the e-mail it says that the mail-in rebate offer ends on August 1!
    Offer ends 8/1/09
    No email here yet, and I both signed up to be notified and am an S|P customer. Getting perturbed. I'll show up early, and if they tell me I need a copy of this email, I'll be even more perturbed. Might muster up the gumption for a swear word or two.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by Shan View Post
    If you check on the bottom of the e-mail it says that the mail-in rebate offer ends on August 1!
    Wait, so what happens after August 1st? I can't get mine till August 1st. That's when I'm eligible. Thats a saturday I work all day so I might not be able to get it that day anyways!!! So what happens after August 1st????
    Quote Originally Posted by Drnycallstar19 View Post
    Wait, so what happens after August 1st? I can't get mine till August 1st. That's when I'm eligible. Thats a saturday I work all day so I might not be able to get it that day anyways!!! So what happens after August 1st????
    It's also been discussed on another thread but the offer just starts over and gets extended for another few months. That's the way Sprint has always done it so you won't be losing out on anything.
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I got it.

It says S|P.

THE WAIT IS OVER.
    As a "Selected" Premier customer, we are opening the doors at 8am.

But then it says... click here to go find a store near you.

Uh, i dont think so. I dont see Sprint standing at the door going "Are you premier?, How about you?, Are you maam? Sir?"
    The email does not say "Bring this email in order to get in at 8am"
    They'll go fast, so hurry to your sprint local store.

This is my thought.
    We told those damn S|P members that they could get phones eariler than everyone else. How can we do that without actually doing it, so that we cant be caught in a lie? hmmmm. I know, we send them an email to come "early" but we don't deny anyone else non S|P who might happen to show up. This way, we get both customers. Yeah thats the ticket!

Sorry, but I've been on Sprint for forever, making ME happy with the new device, would cause a ripple effect in my family & friends to cause the purchase of up to 10 new PRE's. Right now, I'm not happy. I'm weighing iPhone v3 vs PRE (best i can with data i have) and having sprint promise me special capabilities for my longterm relationship, just to end up being a normal JOE on launch day of their most prized device? Doesn't make me a happy guy.

It's my opinion.
    I dont like the game they're playing.
    - Jabra JX10
    - IBM Thinkpad
    - Hot chick Avatar

...ahhh, life is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    No email here yet, and I both signed up to be notified and am an S|P customer. Getting perturbed. I'll show up early, and if they tell me I need a copy of this email, I'll be even more perturbed. Might muster up the gumption for a swear word or two.
    I haven't received any e-mails either. I'm going to show up with my Premier newsletter (It has my name/address on it.) If they are indeed opening up early for S|P customers, then I'll have proof of my status.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Steve Jobs is returning to Apple ( just heard this on the news )...and possibly introducing the next IPhone....Perhaps he feels Palm my gain market share with the PRE. Plus Jon Rubienstien and CEOs of Yahoo, Google will appear with Jon on Fox Business New Monday. They will be covering the Apple event.

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    I haven't received any e-mails either. I'm going to show up with my Premier newsletter (It has my name/address on it.) If they are indeed opening up early for S|P customers, then I'll have proof of my status.
    S|P status is in the system, so they can look it up. And it should be noted that a non-S|P email talking about the 8:00am opening has been confirmed, so there's absolutely no reason to think only S|P customers will be able to buy "early."

I think the wording "among the first to buy" is key here. That's really what Sprint promised all along, and they're delivering it even if we're all mixed up with people who just filled out the form to get notified early.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    They need to instill fear and confusion in the masses, so everyone goes to extremes to get one.
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12